Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jim Root wrote: »
    He’s really diminished himself in my eyes this past few months with his rent a quote attitude to any fart that takes place in Leinster House.

Maybe he'd go up in your eyes if he started bottling these farts and couriering them to you on the Q.T Jim? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Floppybits wrote: »
    I'd say Leo and MOT have come to an agreement that Leo would look after him when he throws him under the bus. Wait to see MOT quietly being added to some board or to a quango with a nice little salary to go with it.

LV had contacted MOT 3 times recently was it?
    As I've said elsewhere, hard to prove if LV gets any reward for this, (or has gotten), that's why we have protocols in place and people who breech them need to be held to account, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Floppybits wrote: »
    I'd say Leo and MOT have come to an agreement that Leo would look after him when he throws him under the bus. Wait to see MOT quietly being added to some board or to a quango with a nice little salary to go with it.

Not a hope. MOT is toxic now and won’t be touched by anyone. His what’s app messages alone would attest to that. Comes across as awful. He’s done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Simple fact is that it's an open secret that Varadkar has been leaking sensitive information to others including journalists. You'd want to be quite naive to think this is the first time he has leaked such information.

Therefore there are journalists at home tonight watching on the telly knowing quite well that they can sink Varadkar tomorrow with information he has supplied them with.

But such is the rotten state of Irish journalism that they'll quietly keep their mouths shut.

Apparently LV contacted MOT over the weekend to ask him "what it was all about".

FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Apparently LV contacted MOT over the weekend to ask him "what it was all about".

FFS.

Yeah he said that earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

FFS.

On 3 occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jaysus, if your explaining your losing. And watching the news he's losing big tonight.

Niall Collins out now on prime time to defend the indefensible. Good luck with that Niall.

Niall using the same "good deal for GPs" line as Colm Brophy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Simple fact is that it's an open secret that Varadkar has been leaking sensitive information to others including journalists. You'd want to be quite naive to think this is the first time he has leaked such information.

Therefore there are journalists at home tonight watching on the telly knowing quite well that they can sink Varadkar tomorrow with information he has supplied them with.

But such is the rotten state of Irish journalism that they'll quietly keep their mouths shut.

All politicians talk to hacks. All of them. Don't be so naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

This is the problem and it is what FG supporters are using as a defense. Ah sure everyone does it, what's the problem? Also LV was asked did he leak any other documents and replied categorically No so now he has just painted a target on him because if it comes out he has leaked other documents then he is a goner.

• Advertisement

Not all politicians are bent like Varadkar.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Niall using the same "good deal for GPs" line as Colm Brophy there.

In between excusing Varadkars actions because “ SF wants to deflect from their own troubles in the north”

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Jim Root wrote: »
    Not a hope. MOT is toxic now and won’t be touched by anyone. His what’s app messages alone would attest to that. Comes across as awful. He’s done.

So is Leo, 'toxic'. If he makes it through this he'll have no choice but to be a wallflower. He'll fade away until his polling forces FG to get rid, if he doesn't pull the plug himself first.

Oh.

And again.

But we can't mention it.

Are they handing the journalists confidential documents or are just giving them the gist of something coming down the line? There is a difference.

God help us though if we are ever in a situation where details need to be kept secret or confidential, we would be up wazzu without a paddle with this lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So is Leo, 'toxic'. If he makes it through this he'll have no choice but to be a wallflower. He'll fade away until his polling forces FG to get rid, if he doesn't pull the plug himself first.

Yes, I think this has damaged him irreversibly..

Even if he survives, it will see him lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

You might want to brush up your knowledge on how journalism actually works.

Summer recess 2021 is when he will quietly slip away and Coveney will take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Careful now that might be considered homophobic.

Careful now that might be considered homophobic.

Not homophobic.

But is it necessary or relevant to the topic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Francie, I never doubt your commitment to the online discussion of politics, but the idea that the long knives are out for Leo in FG is utterly laughable.

thomas 123 wrote: »
    I can just see it now.

Leo: Hey
    MOT: who’s this
    Leo: your not friend Leo
    MOT: Hi Leo
    Leo: remember the time I shared that secret doc with you, do you remember the date I did that?
    MOT: ... I don’t, why?
    Leo: no reason

Have to laugh....shared it with nagp,but couldnt find office across the road,instead sent it to your mans gaff.....imagine being so naive as to believe that unquestioned :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Francie, I never doubt your commitment to the online discussion of politics, but the idea that the long knives are out for Leo in FG is utterly laughable.
    They are always out tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Not homophobic.

But is it necessary or relevant to the topic?

Bad joke twisting words

That wasn't what I said Johnny.

Bad joke twisting words

Hate the personal insults in all of this.

Always will no matter where in life.

Throwing in gay jokes.

No need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I'll pass, all I need to know about her has happened in the last few months:)

I think it was her sacking from the Independent that sent her on a downward spiral.

I think it was to do with an article she wrote about Denis O Brien.

After that she started attacking everybody she perceived to be establishment and then progressed to populism and full on racism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Yep.
    Then he replied to Toibin later with 'not of this nature' which drew the gasps.
    Any fool can see he's hedging his bets, he even did it in real time
    ie he doesn't know what else will come out and he most definitely has leaked as Minister and Taoiseach and Tanaiste.

I thought Doherty, Toibin, Pringle, Paul Murphy and Connolly did a good job.
    Connolly should stick to being a pretty good TD - she ain't cut out for LCC deputy chair to be honest.
    O'Riordain sounded, looked and acted like a fool.
    Catherine Murphy is a good TD but an absolutely brutal speaker though she did get him on his bleating about he always keeps up to date with GPs/health matters as he 'had unfinished business to do' as he's from that background but yet didn't have a clue (untrue) about the garda economic investigations and turmoil within NAGP.
    You can bet his last pair of Trudeau tw*t's socks he knew all there was to know about NAGP.

Too many times however, the questioners let LV get away with actually talking up his (his govts) May 2019 achievement rather than simply cutting him off when he started down that route for the umpteenth time which of course was to run down the clock.

I read a lot of let's say, 'pro-LV' posts here saying sure everyone leaks, what would the papers/tv/radio do for exclusives etc.
    Well, some govt politicians at some time do leak for sure - but when they get exposed it is usually bye-bye time.

A Taoiseach is the ultimate no-no to get caught.
    An ex-Taoiseach caught leaking while publicly on the record deriding the practice and saying he won't stand for it is a complete lame duck and more harsh words too.

Varadkar won't get sacked because that would endanger the coalition but within a very short period I can see him 'voluntarily' resigning.
    If there's nothing substantive or new to come out and the Garda investigation goes alright, he will cling on to the bitter end; look at the kind of self-aggrandising carry on he's at. He tried to spin that he's leaking confidential information, to a leader of the union which wants to take down the union engaged in talks, for the sake of some noble conquest to bring GP care to under sixes.

He did it without the knowledge or approval (seemingly over the head) of the then-health minister, without using the proper channels, and the recipient of the information clearly expresses to his inner circle that they were getting a gift of this document improperly, which they agree with and indicate that this leak should be protected.

For Leo to survive now, the remainder of the information needs to be extremely banal and not further evidence his corruption and cronyism. Another solid leak in the public view and that's the end of his torrid political career.

I think it was her sacking from the Independent that sent her in a downward spiral.

I think it was an article she wrote about Denis O Brien.

Was it not her spat with Callinan?

• Advertisement

Hate the personal insults in all of this.

Always will no matter where in life.

Throwing in gay jokes.

No need for it.

He’s saying it as others have labeled both Pearse O’D and Mattie McGrath as homophobic earlier in the thread without reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement