Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

That Burke just ranted unmoderated over everything that was being said? I think that is what he and others are saying.
    It was the technique called out during the election campaign too. Regina didn't get the 'attack dog' nickname for nothing.

Using a fellow SF fan to back up what you are saying doesn't add much weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I hope amongst all this non-story as FGers have being telling us that nobody missed Richard Bruton showing the nation on how to bake scones?
    Taking to Twitter today, Fine Gael posted a video of the Dublin Bay North TD giving a tutorial on how to bake scones.
    The tweet is captioned: “This week, we are focusing on how you can better cope with #Level5.
    “First up is @RichardBrutonTD baking scones — this is the wholesome content you’ve been waiting for all year. #COVID19”

342.jpg

Social media users flocked in their droves to comment on the video, with many people questioning if the party is trying to divert attention from Tánaiste Leo Varadkar's Dáil address today.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/baking-bad-richard-bruton-goes-viral-again-with-wholesome-scone-tutorial-39701407.html

Imagine thinking you could distract from Leaky Leo by posting a video about making scones. Fine Gael have been entirely lacking with the senior hurling we keep getting promised, instead all we get is Leo on the ropes and Tricky Dicky in his kitchen licking his sticky fingers.

Meanwhile the Paddy Power odds are in- Will Varadkar be Tanaiste on 1st December 2020?

Yes 1/3
    No 2/1

https://www.paddypower.com/politics?tab=ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'm well aware of how proportional representation works John, but you crowing about a lad having a strong future in politics, doesn't make it so.

I doubt be will get back in going by any of his performances I've seen this year.

He is the lad answered something about the RA when asked on a Sunday morning on RTE about summer holidays, a complete and utter gobdaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

christy c wrote: »
    Using a fellow SF fan to back up what you are saying doesn't add much weight.

Well have a look at what others are saying Christy. It is all more or less the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

I seen Pearse ranting, shouting and pointing fingers.

Aggression isn't a way to win an argument.

Well not in a law abiding world....

Thats the problem right there. Pearse does not inhabit a law abiding world so will always relapse into the load mouth bully when under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

McMurphy wrote: »
    I'm well aware of how proportional representation works John, but you crowing about a lad having a strong future in politics, doesn't make it so.

I doubt be will get back in going by any of his performances I've seen this year.

He is the lad answered something about the RA when asked on a Sunday morning on RTE about summer holidays, a complete and utter gobdaw.

You clearly don't know how it works if you think what count a person reaches quota matters though. How many candidates a party is running plays a big role in that.

Just looking at Peter Burkes constituency and I see there was 3 FG running.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I hope amongst all this non-story as FGers have being telling us that nobody missed Richard Bruton showing the nation on how to bake scones?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/baking-bad-richard-bruton-goes-viral-again-with-wholesome-scone-tutorial-39701407.html

Imagine thinking you could distract from Leaky Leo by posting a video about making scones. Fine Gael have been entirely lacking with the senior hurling we keep getting promised, instead all we get is Leo on the ropes and Tricky Dicky in his kitchen licking his sticky fingers.

Meanwhile the Paddy Power odds are in- Will Varadkar be Tanaiste on 1st December 2020?

Yes 1/3
    No 2/1

https://www.paddypower.com/politics?tab=ireland

He should have just went all out on his distraction attempt and slathered his well tuned abs with scone batter and slid up and down his kitchen on his back while he whistled Dixie.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

Truthvader wrote: »
    Thats the problem right there. Pearse does not inhabit a law abiding world so will always relapse into the load mouth bully when under pressure.

Tell us how Pearse has broke the law!

The only pressure he was under was trying to get a sentence out uninterrupted by an incoherent ranter given a script with 'Leo is Great, leave him alone' on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Can you share some of your sources of him breaking the law please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Fine Gaels talking about lawbreakers is not great after today. Best stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Always the victims.

Even though Pearse was shouting and pointing fingers.

Always the victims.

He nailed Pearse on the Norths finances.

You know it. But you will never admit it.

I don't support any party .

In Golfgate, M+B homes and this leaking scandal the Gov have been in the wrong.

To say so doesn't make me a supporter of any party. It just means I'm correct in what I said and others have been to.

Sinn Fein do have Qs to answer on funding. However Pearse Doherty was the most effective in the Dáil today .

That doesn't make me a Sinn Fein supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

As a FG member I must say I'm very impressed with the young lad. Playing a blinder. Just the lad needed this evening to counteract the fake outrage of Pearse. Not afraid to get down into the boghole with his wellies when he had to, but also had a sound knowledge of the facts and realities when he was allowed speak.

As a FG member I must say I'm very impressed with the young lad. Playing a blinder. Just the lad needed this evening to counteract the fake outrage of Pearse. Not afraid to get down into the boghole with his wellies when he had to, but also had a sound knowledge of the facts and realities when he was allowed speak.

Made my night...cheers Johnny. Good to have you back.

I'll just leave this here so.

https://twitter.com/TonightVMTV/status/1323766293984661504?s=09

You're a bit like Peter tonight yourself John, even you don't believe the shyte you're spewing, look at the boatrace on him, he's completely and utterly disillusioned with the crap he was made to go out and defend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I don't support any party .

In Golfgate, M+B homes and this leaking scandal the Gov have been in the wrong.

To say so doesn't make me a supporter of any party. It just means I'm correct in what I said and others have been to.

Sinn Fein do have Qs to answer on funding. However Pearse Doherty was the most effective in the Dáil today .

That doesn't make me a Sinn Fein supporter.

If you criticise FG or any of their glorious leaders then you are by default a Shinner.

It's in the rules... :rolleyes:

Made my night...cheers Johnny. Good to have you back.

You're a bit like Peter tonight yourself John, even you don't believe the shyte you're spewing. :D

Both leaving it here so for tonight. We can call it a score draw if you'd like? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yer man just kept up a mantra of Varadkar's goodness and greatness, then when he went on the rant about SF refused to shut up to allow an answer. He's a disgrace to debating.

There are an awful lot of very sore and upset posters on here tonight.

The ultimate climax of getting rid of Leo was denied to them.

Like the ultimate sub, I am sure they will keep returning for their punishment, but the cruelty of denial is so difficult.

The rest of us just have to laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

shafty100 wrote: »
    Tell us how Pearse has broke the law!

Didn't say Pearse broke the law I said he does not inhabit a law abiding world. He inhabits a world infested with the likes of Gerry Adams, Dessie Ellis, Bobby Storey, Slab, Pearse McAuley where thuggery and murder are a perfectly acceptable way of achieving your aims. Poor old Pearse's loud mouth shouting and finger jabbing just reflects that

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    There are an awful lot of very sore and upset posters on here tonight.

The ultimate climax of getting rid of Leo was denied to them.

Like the ultimate sub, I am sure they will keep returning for their punishment, but the cruelty of denial is so difficult.

The rest of us just have to laugh.

Was never going to happen today blanch. What did you think, he'd throw his hands up in the air and walk? :)

He's badly wounded and the party supporting him is too. He'll be a laughing stock and as I said when this began, that will do me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Was never going to happen today blanch. What did you think, he'd throw his hands up in the air and walk? :)

He's badly wounded and the party supporting him is too. He'll be a laughing stock and as I said when this began, that will do me fine.

We had numerous posters predicting his demise for the last three days.

Egg on their faces it seems.

Not in the Dáil though. If they did, can you link to it?

You are calling it a tad early again.

You're a bit like Peter tonight yourself John, even you don't believe the shyte you're spewing, look at the boatrace on him, he's completely and utterly disillusioned with the crap he was made to go out and defend. :D

"Thats totally incorrect" love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The whole of FG are now firmly behind him so let's see what tomorrow brings. This is gonna be a long one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I still reckon that Leo is dead in the water and will be gone by Friday. Will remain in Government rotting away in the background but will be gone as Tánaiste and member of the cabinet.

Genuine question - what do you think will prompt this? As it currently stands the Taoiseach is backing him, the greens are satisfied, he has given his side of the story and been questioned directly by the opposition for over an hour without any real knockout blow. It would need a huge turn around to see him step down at this stage without further revelations coming out

Genuine question - what do you think will prompt this? As it currently stands the Taoiseach is backing him, the greens are satisfied, he has given his side of the story and been questioned directly by the opposition for over an hour without any real knockout blow. It would need a huge turn around to see him step down at this stage without further revelations coming out

I think ff could implode being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Firstly, had a brief look at the so called " debate " earlier , on TV3 Tonight program .

What a joke !! Peter " the FG glove puppet " , constantly spewing BS about everything and anything but the subject of the debate , speaking over everyone , and being allowed to do so by that other clown " Matt ". Typical stuff by all associated with this government . Why did I expect anything different ......

Secondly , the only reason " Leo the Lion " , remains in his position , is that the other shower of buffoon's , can't afford a general election as they'll be wiped out !!

It's so simple . They'll hang onto power at ANY cost .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Does anyone know why the Greens did not question in the Dáil?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know why the Greens did not question in the Dáil?

Eh....

Because they aren't in opposition.

:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement