Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not a bit of it, doesn't bother me who a politician is shagging, so long as it is legal.

It has been a recurrent theme on this thread, I was being nice in calling it valley of the squinting windows, it is actually more of an unhealthy prurient interest being displayed by some posters.

You and others have displayed your deep issues with perfectly normal human relationships here many times. Your own over sensitivity to any mention of his sexuality (real or unintended) and others outrage when perfectly normal words like 'bent' and 'back channels' were used, as we seen yesterday) is a sure sign of somebody with issues.

If a politcian's trust or fitness for a post can be called into question because he is a 'womaiser' so too can a gay's man's trust if he is libidinous or promiscuous in a relevant way.

Again, I speak in general terms. I personally do not think this has anything to do with Varadkar's case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Not a bit of it, doesn't bother me who a politician is shagging, so long as it is legal.

It has been a recurrent theme on this thread, I was being nice in calling it valley of the squinting windows, it is actually more of an unhealthy prurient interest being displayed by some posters.

You're the one who keeps trying to make an issue out of a non issue, he's gay, everyone knows it, it's no big deal.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

McMurphy wrote: »

I missed this last night but even watching that clip, Peter looks nervous and uncomfortable, and desperately trying to deflect and turn it back on Pease/SF anytime a nerve is struck.

Will have to watch the whole thing I think but more harm than good is my assessment of Peter's performance.

Oh, and not a Shinner (before that tired old angle is used), but they are useful in situations like this so as to challenge the spin and nonsense from the Big 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I missed this last night but even watching that clip, Peter looks nervous and uncomfortable, and desperately trying to deflect and turn it back on Pease/SF anytime a nerve is struck.

Will have to watch the whole thing I think but no harm than good is my assessment of Peter's performance.

Oh, and not a Shinner (before that tired old angle is used), but they are useful in situations like this so as to challenge the spin and nonsense from the Big 2.

FFG are actually terrified of him, sending Burke out to debate the likes of Doherty was a completely stupid move on their part.

Paschal would have been a much more formidable opponent, but they've already played that card, I guess they're left with the B-team to try and defend the indefensible.

That wasn't even the most cringeworthy part of his appearance. Look up where he tells Doherty that "he's no evidence" while Doherty is actually holding up a litany of documents and literature to back what he was saying, ie "evidence". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Hogwash!! If this was any other politician, for example Pearse Doherty/Jack Chambers, and the info was passed onto some dolly bird, the insinuations would be a lot more vocal than they are with Leo. You want Leo treated differently because of his sexual orientation. That is plain to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Weren't Village Magazine planning to release a new article at 3pm yesterday also? Or is that the one that's coming today that they decided to delay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Would people stop going on about Sex
    Matty mcGrath did slip on that front yesterday but he's a behemoth
    Most people aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

The dude quoted the odds as if it was bad news.

Bookies rarely get it wrong. I'd say there's lots of cranks (SF heads) lumping on money on the Leo not to be tánaiste. A total waste of their money. I doubt they mind. Same demographic that buys the sun, does the lotto every week, smokes 20 a day and buys their dinner from the frozen food isle - so unlikely to be too financially savvy, to be fair.

It's why Pearse Doherty's angry shouty politics goes down so well with that demographic.

Wow....That's just an unreal statement. Really shows the bigotry and lack of tolerance that exists within your party.

Over half a million people gave SF their first choice in the last election (I didn't BTW..) Almost 100k more that what FG got. Do you honestly think that all of those people match your demographic outlined above ?

Blind loyalty and blind hatred are really becoming the mantrta of FG supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Firstly, there would have been no NDAs signed by the IMO, doesn't happen in such IR negotiations.

Secondly, I have already address the Official Secrets Act angle, the Taoiseach can authorise himself to release the document under that Act, so no offence committed.
    If Varadkar authorised it strange he didn't tell us that in his Dail speech...….

bureau2009 wrote: »
    If Varadkar authorised it strange he didn't tell us that in his Dail speech...….

You obviously didn’t listen to the Dail debate.

• Advertisement

Hogwash!! If this was any other politician, for example Pearse Doherty/Jack Chambers, and the info was passed onto some dolly bird, the insinuations would be a lot more vocal than they are with Leo. You want Leo treated differently because of his sexual orientation. That is plain to see.

Says a lot about you that if the President of NAGP was female, you would have seen her as "some dolly bird" in this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The tribal and partisan backing of Leo is both predictable and hilarious. The same people are no doubt laughing at the idiocy of the jingoistic Trump supporters :rolleyes:

Conversely this happens in the SF bashing threads also with logic parked in place of tribal lines. The FG shills on here are acting the same as the SF shills on other threads and Trump shills elsewhere and gloating like kids. I hope ye can see that. Yer all the same so should just hug an make up :D:D

It's so true!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Says a lot about you that if the President of NAGP was female, you would have seen her as "some dolly bird" in this story.

It is very surprising to see such outdated attitudes towards sexual relationships portraying men as being easily preyed upon and women as tempting them into indiscretions.

If I was to suggest that say Mary-Lou was susceptible to the charms of some young lothario, I would be rightly laughed out of the thread. However, different standards are being applied to male politicians.

However, different standards are being applied to male politicians.

Says the poster up in arms if he sees what he thinks is a reference to Leo's perfectly normal sexuality.

Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It is very surprising to see such outdated attitudes towards sexual relationships portraying men as being easily preyed upon and women as tempting them into indiscretions.

If I was to suggest that say Mary-Lou was susceptible to the charms of some young lothario, I would be rightly laughed out of the thread. However, different standards are being applied to male politicians.

Was that the line Fine Gaels Tom Barry tried to play when he tried to manhandle his party colleague Aine Collins Blanch?

Jim O'Callaghan to keep the story going on Claire Byrne this morning. That meddlesome shinner opposition timewaster:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I never mentioned NAGP. If there were various pictures of a male SF politician wrapped around a good looking younger female, who was then leaked confidential documents, you'd have nothing to say about it?? Pull the other one, it has a bell on it. :rolleyes:

well if she/he was running around town posting verbatim and speaking on behalf of the leader of our country, only to be denounced as an obsessed casual 3 times per year meeting contact in overlapping social circles, ON National Television..
    then yes, dollybird or dollyboy, you wouldn't think much of either gender really
    and you'd wonder how they over got to were they are posting money bags and speaking about immigrants like they were currency..

You'd have to wonder what yer mans prospects are now from today, surely his name is mud now?? his credibility is shot to **** having been labeled a pretend BFF according to Leo..there was al ot of "well I cannot speak on his behalf" GUFF from him, so why at this stage has the telly loving fame hungry covid guru to the stars not come to his own defence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Wow....That's just an unreal statement. Really shows the bigotry and lack of tolerance that exists within your party.

Over half a million people gave SF their first choice in the last election (I didn't BTW..) Almost 100k more that what FG got. Do you honestly think that all of those people match your demographic outlined above ?

Blind loyalty and blind hatred are really becoming the mantrta of FG supporters.

When you look at the States today,its systemic
    Everything is polarised
    Everyone standing by their man/woman bubble

Nobotty wrote: »
    When you look at the States today,its systemic
    Everything is polarised
    Everyone standing by their man/woman bubble

Its headed same here..the supporters of the so called law and order/business party are backing their man,

When its obvious to anyone,who's tongue isnt attached to the FG party colon,that he done wrong here

• Advertisement

Its headed same here..the supporters of the so called law and order/business party are backing their man,

When its obvious to anyone,who's tongue isnt attached to the FG party colon,that he done wrong here

Yes, a very dangerous precedent is being set here that is more important than any individual. Hopefully O'Callaghan might turn it to a discussion about that precedent this morning.

We are shifting towards a dangerous democratic crossroads here as the power swap circle the wagons to maintain the power.

Yes, a very dangerous precedent is being set here that is more important than any individual. Hopefully O'Callaghan might turn it to a discussion about that precedent this morning.

We are shifting towards a dangerous democratic crossroads here as the power swap circle the wagons to maintain the power.

I think the bigger threat to our democracy is the toxic ideology of exclusionary nationalism as portrayed by Trump and Johnson overseas and practiced by Sinn Fein here.

One parallel that struck me this morning was the eerie link between Mary-Lou proclaiming victory before all the votes were counted and calling on other parties to acknowledge it and elect her Taoiseach and the Trump speech.

I think the bigger threat to our democracy is the toxic ideology of exclusionary nationalism as portrayed by Trump and Johnson overseas and practiced by Sinn Fein here.

One parallel that struck me this morning was the eerie link between Mary-Lou proclaiming victory before all the votes were counted and calling on other parties to acknowledge it and elect her Taoiseach and the Trump speech.

Meanwhile on planet earth,varadkar has been caugtht doing something wrong,claimed it was good intentions,same as trump and ukraine....

and the law and order party fell in line and backed their man

Jaysus, so easy to play your game blanch.

I found an eerie link to FG in Trump...the inability to accept defeat and arrogantly pronounce themselves as the only ones fit to lead.

See, easy and stupid game to play.

Jaysus, so easy to play your game blanch.

I found an eerie link to FG in Trump...the inability to accept defeat and arrogantly pronounce themselves as the only ones fit to lead.

See, easy and stupid game to play.

Short memories at play.

On election night, Fine Gael left it up to the other parties to try and form a government.

It was only when Mary-Lou failed to even get other parties to talk to her that Fine Gael reluctantly stepped in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

Anybody pick up on Leo's reference to the Northern Ireland Anglo/Irish talks yesterday?
    Wonder what he was alluding to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The biggest threat to democracy in Ireland is a shadowy party linked to paramilitary and criminal figures who don’t recognise the legitimacy of the Irish constitution or its defence forces.

I never mentioned NAGP. If there were various pictures of a male SF politician wrapped around a good looking younger female, who was then leaked confidential documents, you'd have nothing to say about it?? Pull the other one, it has a bell on it. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't. I don't tend to post about SF at all to be honest. Certainly wouldn't make suggestive comments about their personal lives without any basis in an attempt to add to a story.

Short memories at play.

On election night, Fine Gael left it up to the other parties to try and form a government.

It was only when Mary-Lou failed to even get other parties to talk to her that Fine Gael reluctantly stepped in.

Playing the game you are engaging in again:

They were only posturing at giving way to other parties forming a government. As soon as the opportunity presented itself to go in FF, they were in like Flynn...or John Delaney. Nudge nudge wink wink.

• Advertisement

The biggest threat to democracy in Ireland is a shadowy party linked to paramilitary and criminal figures who don’t recognise the legitimacy of the Irish constitution or its defence forces.

No such party exists Johnny. Can you link to were a modern political party has said the above?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement