Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I wouldn't. I don't tend to post about SF at all to be honest. Certainly wouldn't make suggestive comments about their personal lives without any basis in an attempt to add to a story.

And that is the point. Nobody did make suggestive comments about Varadkar's relationship but those with the hang-ups are jumping on anything they see that may suggest that. I.E. The outrage about using the words 'bent' and 'back channels' yesterday. Taking offence where none was intended and calling people homophobes for questioning how close a friendship was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

And that is the point. Nobody did make suggestive comments about Varadkar's relationship but those with the hang-ups are jumping on anything they see that may suggest that. I.E. The outrage about using the words 'bent' and 'back channels' yesterday. Taking offence where none was intended and calling people homophobes for questioning how close a friendship was.

Big claim to make that "nobody" has made suggestive comments, when there is carded posts in this thread and Mattie McGrath existing as proof to the contrary.

Big claim to make that "nobody" has made suggestive comments, when there is carded posts in this thread and Mattie McGrath existing as proof to the contrary.

Those posts were not 'suggestive' they were very blatantly homophobic and rightly carded. The problem here is that there are people with their own issues about same sex relationships seeing suggestive comments were none were intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Those posts were not 'suggestive' they were very blatantly homophobic and rightly carded. The problem here is that there are people with their own issues about same sex relationships seeing suggestive comments were none were intended.

Well my issue is with the obvious ones, so I don't know what you are trying to explain to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The biggest threat to democracy in Ireland is a shadowy party linked to paramilitary and criminal figures who don’t recognise the legitimacy of the Irish constitution or its defence forces.

What has this got to do with Leo Varadkar providing commercially sensitive contracts to a party outside of a negotiating process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Well my issue is with the obvious ones, so I don't know what you are trying to explain to me.

Things are being invented again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

smurgen wrote: »
    What has this got to do with Leo Varadkar providing commercially sensitive contracts to a party outside of a negotiating process?

*Look over there!*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The biggest threat to democracy in Ireland is a shadowy party linked to paramilitary and criminal figures who don’t recognise the legitimacy of the Irish constitution or its defence forces.

FG and the Monk?

Varadkars hesitation when asked if he'd leaked confidential documents before suggests he did, Coveney will be Tanaiste by Christmas

Varadkars hesitation when asked if he'd leaked confidential documents before suggests he did, Coveney will be Tanaiste by Christmas

That huge moment suggests we will be coming back to the story. Ethics in government will become an issue and some mainstream newspaper will take the bait. Too much capital in it, not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1323953921287692288?s=19

Richard O Donoghue brought up Paschal yesterday.

That huge moment suggests we will be coming back to the story. Ethics in government will become an issue and some mainstream newspaper will take the bait. Too much capital in it, not to.

not a varadkar fan by any means but if there's more to come, yesterday was the time to strike when he was on the ropes. for every hour that passes it's an hour Leo and his team come up with counters, delete watsap messages, forget dates that cannot be proven by technology etc... This is a novelty thread now after the fact maybe.

on the plus side..the face of harris when he was dragged into it yesterday as he was nodding in the negative fashion even after the txts were read out, was hilarious, like a schoolboy been dragged into a WHO THREW THE BANGER SON fiasco..very funny stuff. Mcntee just sat in a pool of sweat after her legal knowledge was called to question..

What is he referencing there?

I'm looking at notes of the Q+A yesterday.

Richard O Donoghue brought up Paschal yesterday

Leo mentioned that Pascal was against part of the Gp deal and so was the Department and that he was against a deal on disability which Richard was working on.

While defending himself Leo emphasised that he was in favour of the deal but the doh and minister of finance wasn't. They wanted to do it an entirely different way.

I'm not sure of the significance of Pascal's involvement.

I'll try and find RODs Q+A video yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

No such party exists Johnny. Can you link to were a modern political party has said the above?

And again.

https://www.thejournal.ie/ira-sinn-fein-army-council-drew-harris-5016657-Feb2020/

Luckily you have denied being a member

Truthvader wrote: »

I asked the same I asked back in February. When can we expect arrests? Or charges?

Truthvader wrote: »

You clearly didn't read the report referenced.
    The report found that PIRA members “believe that the [Provisional Army Council] oversees both PIRA and Sinn Féin with an overarching strategy”.

PIRA no longer exists as a military threat to anyone, read what the various monitoring groups say about that. There is nothing in any agreement anywhere that states that former members can not get involved in democratic politics.

You might not like it, but if you agreed with the GFA that is what was accepted and indeed encouraged by all political parties in the south.

Now that they threaten the power swap in the south there is a problem of course. About as anti-democratic as you can get.

Mary Lou raising it again in the Dáil today again. Not going away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I think he's giving Paschal a chance to come out and admit any wrongdoing he was involved in pre-emptively before they release whatever they have on him.

Mary Lou is grilling Mícheál at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

s1ippy wrote: »
    I think he's giving Paschal a chance to come out and admit any wrongdoing he was involved in pre-emptively before they release whatever they have on him.

Mary Lou is grilling Mícheál at the moment.

Paschal could end up being embroiled in this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Shocking stance from martin, sf should not be allowed the moral high ground, Jesus is this where we are as a country?

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Shocking stance from martin, sf should not be allowed the moral high ground, Jesus is this where we are as a country?

it's that shyte that got him into bed with FG, his arguments are as useless as his brainchild that is the HSE.
    Mentioning the 200 Million plus value of the agreement is an attempt to justify his actions, get the deal at any cost Leo, carte blanch you have!

Very strong from Shortall there. Calling out Martin's bull**** evasions.

Martin losing the rag. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I am so very ashamed to have Mícheál as a representative and even more disappointed in my fellow constituents for electing such a deplorable individual with no spine.

Pawning off the simple and pragmatic DP questions, ignoring the two invitations by actual shop stewards of a trade union in distress (Debenhams) moments after saying that it's "in his DNA" to assist trade unions.

What the hell was he doing recommending that GQ article. "if I were in Sinn Féin I'd be looking around very carefully to figure out who my friends are" nobody from any party wants to be your friend Mícheál, because you're an inarticulate untrustworthy langer who can't form any coherent arguments except to sling muck.

What a loser.

s1ippy wrote: »
    I am so very ashamed to have Mícheál as a representative and even more disappointed in my fellow constituents for electing such a deplorable individual with no spine.

Pawning off the simple and pragmatic DP questions, ignoring the two invitations by actual shop stewards of a trade union in distress (Debenhams) moments after saying that it's "in his DNA" to assist trade unions.

What the hell was he doing recommending that GQ article. "if I were in Sinn Féin I'd be looking around very carefully to figure out who my friends are" nobody from any party wants to be your friend Mícheál, because you're an inarticulate untrustworthy langer who can't form any coherent arguments except to sling muck.

What a loser.

A few Debenhams shop stewards may be in distress seeing as their bullying tactics haven’t worked. Those they used represent are, for the most part gainfully employed and getting on with their lives.

Can you remember if Leo said yesterday that Paschal met with O Tuathail/NAGP?

A few Debenhams shop stewards may be in distress seeing as their bullying tactics haven’t worked. Those they used represent are, for the most part gainfully employed and getting on with their lives.

The feeling I get from your posts is that you really dislike ordinary people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

They were in gainful employment before debanhams used covid to pull out of Ireland and strip the Irish side of the business and refuse their staff redundancies.

But hey, what are facts when their is a chance to sh1t on the ordinary from your ivory tower.

• Advertisement

Would think they'd be on PUP if they are still involved in drapery,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement