Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

thomas 123 wrote: »
    They were in gainful employment before debanhams used covid to pull out of Ireland and strip the Irish side of the business and refuse their staff redundancies.

They offered redundancy ,and they were going broke for years it wasn't over covid , it business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

s1ippy wrote: »
    I am so very ashamed to have Mícheál as a representative and even more disappointed in my fellow constituents for electing such a deplorable individual with no spine.

Pawning off the simple and pragmatic DP questions, ignoring the two invitations by actual shop stewards of a trade union in distress (Debenhams) moments after saying that it's "in his DNA" to assist trade unions.

What the hell was he doing recommending that GQ article. "if I were in Sinn Féin I'd be looking around very carefully to figure out who my friends are" nobody from any party wants to be your friend Mícheál, because you're an inarticulate untrustworthy langer who can't form any coherent arguments except to sling muck.

What a loser.
    My guess is Niall Collins Primetime appearance last night may have pushed a lot of FF grassroots over the edge.

They were in gainful employment before debanhams used covid to pull out of Ireland and strip the Irish side of the business and refuse their staff redundancies.

But hey, what are facts when their is a chance to sh1t on the ordinary from your ivory tower.

Statutory Redundancy payments were not refused. But hey, why let facts get in the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Mickey Martin has probably harmed himself more than Varadkar in the last few days, people seem to forget that no one really expects loyalty or morals from FG, Micky stepping up and supporting the gutter dweller in chief make him look even more devoid of any useful purpose, referring to the leaky one as Taoiseach twice was a pathetic display of ineptness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

You clearly didn't read the report referenced.

PIRA no longer exists as a military threat to anyone, read what the various monitoring groups say about that. There is nothing in any agreement anywhere that states that former members can not get involved in democratic politics.

You might not like it, but if you agreed with the GFA that is what was accepted and indeed encouraged by all political parties in the south.

Now that they threaten the power swap in the south there is a problem of course. About as anti-democratic as you can get.

The IRA are an illegal organisation. They oversee Sinn Fein. Many of their members are now involved in criminality. That is not acceptable to me and you are correct I do not "like it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Truthvader wrote: »
    The IRA are an illegal organisation. They oversee Sinn Fein. Many of their members are now involved in criminality. That is not acceptable to me and you are correct I do not "like it"

Truthie, 1988 is calling you back,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Libb1964

Statutory Redundancy payments were not refused. But hey, why let facts get in the way!

There was an agreement between Debenhams and the Union that any staff being made redundant would be paid 2 weeks + 2 weeks statutory.
    Workers who were made redundant due to the restructuring pre-Covid were paid this.
    Therefore if you lost your job in February you got 4 weeks for every year, any workers who lost their job when the company collapsed were only offered 2 weeks statutory from the administraters (KPMG).

Most of these workers are older and worked with the company for years so it is extremely tough on them.

Having said that I do think they should have had a proper look at the first negotiated offer

Truthie, 1988 is calling you back,

Read up to the link before making a thicko out of yourself. Garda assessment from earlier this year

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It is not acceptable to me that if what you say is true that Gardai are ignoring these members of an illegal organisation sitting in the Dáil. Will you join me in calling for the resignation of the Garda Commissioner and the MoJ for ignoring this?

Or alternatively you can accept the fact and the realpolitick that all monitoring bodies have accepted that PIRA are no longer a threat and are committed to exclusively democratic means.

It is not acceptable to me that if what you say is true that Gardai are ignoring these members of an illegal organisation sitting in the Dáil. Will you join me in calling for the resignation of the Garda Commissioner and the MoJ for ignoring this?

Or alternatively you can accept the fact and the realpolitick that all monitoring bodies have accepted that PIRA are no longer a threat and are committed to exclusively democratic means.

Read the link. FFS

• Advertisement

Libb1964 wrote: »
    There was an agreement between Debenhams and the Union that any staff being made redundant would be paid 2 weeks + 2 weeks statutory.
    Workers who were made redundant due to the restructuring pre-Covid were paid this.
    Therefore if you lost your job in February you got 4 weeks for every year, any workers who lost their job when the company collapsed were only offered 2 weeks statutory from the administraters (KPMG).

Most of these workers are older and worked with the company for years so it is extremely tough on them.

Having said that I do think they should have had a proper look at the first negotiated offer

That was a deal for an earlier round of redundancies. It was no longer on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1323953921287692288?s=19

Richard O Donoghue brought up Paschal yesterday.
    What is he referencing there?
    I'm looking at notes of the Q+A yesterday.

Richard O Donoghue brought up Paschal yesterday

Leo mentioned that Pascal was against part of the Gp deal and so was the Department and that he was against a deal on disability which Richard was working on.

While defending himself Leo emphasised that he was in favour of the deal but the doh and minister of finance wasn't. They wanted to do it an entirely different way.

I'm not sure of the significance of Pascal's involvement.

I'll try and find RODs Q+A video yesterday.

This is RODs Q+A session in the Dáil yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Yes the same way it wouldn’t be refused to anybody, I guess all companies no matter how flush they are should only pay the minimum required by the state going forward? Is that what you want?

Gatling wrote: »
    They offered redundancy ,and they were going broke for years it wasn't over covid , it business

Exactly - they where going broke for years, they did use covid as their get out of jail card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

Mary Lou raising it again in the Dáil today again. Not going away.

Can anybody tell me what the woman has ever done for this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Read the link. FFS

Have you made your complaint to the MoJ and Garda Commissioner yet Truth?

You have made a fairly serious claim here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yes the same way it wouldn’t be refused to anybody, I guess all companies no matter how flush they are should only pay the minimum required by the state going forward? Is that what you want?

Once a company fulfils it's legal obligations whats the issue?? If you aren't happy with the legal obligations lobby your local TD about it.

Holy Mary wrote: »

Other than turning up at protest and marches absolutely nothing so far , wouldn't hold out on her doing anything in the future she's only a face

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Leo Varadkar is in major trouble here - these new screenshots are going to cause a shïtstorm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Matt O'Toole sounds like the right proverbial tool

Leo's judgment really questioned here in choosing this tool to be his go to leak person...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

McMurphy wrote: »

Nothing new there though? Or are they in the process of publishing more?

Nothing new there though? Or are they in the process of publishing more?

Not sure as the village link is currently down, overwhelmed I would suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Absolutely nothing to see here, best that we all move along. Look! The IRA.

Looks like someone is boasting to boost his ego ,

It's hardly Leo doing ,it's amazing how they gave to or other sources , what's the agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Holy Mary wrote: »

Holding FF/FG to some sort of account? And I say that as someone who think's SF in Govt themselves would be a very bad thing for our FDI-dependent economy

But, they're useful in opposition so that nonsense like what Leo came out with yesterday isn't just blindly accepted.

Once a company fulfils it's legal obligations whats the issue?? If you aren't happy with the legal obligations lobby your local TD about it.

Fair point.

I just think we as fellow citizens should not crap on efforts of the staff of debenhams to get what they believe fair compensation for their years of service.

In any case this is a topic for another thread.

Gatling wrote: »
    Looks like someone is boasting to boost his ego ,

It's hardly Leo doing ,it's amazing how they gave to or other sources , what's the agenda

Maybe since governments et al tried to say the magazine was not a credible source when the story broke. Just my two cents.

Village magazine claiming "much more to come"

More info for public consumption; much more to come

• Advertisement

Maybe since governments et al tried to say the magazine was not a credible source when the story broke. Just my two cents.

So far all they gave us was a few texts that amount to nothing so far ,I'd expect a text tomorrow saying lads coffee with Leo , followed by lad I'm having dinner with leo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement