Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Village magazine claiming "much more to come"

More info for public consumption; much more to come

The stench of sleaze and corruption will just get stronger and stronger for FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Gatling wrote: »
    So far all they gave us was a few texts that amount to nothing so far ,I'd expect a text tomorrow saying lads coffee with Leo , followed by lad I'm having dinner with leo.

I think the texts and relationship are irrelevant, the point the document was shared is the crux of all of this.

The only thing I can see adding to calls for Leo to step down is if future texts show what he said yesterday to be false.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What was Chay Bowes hinting at earlier when he purposely tweeted to Paschal and Leo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Truthvader wrote: »
    Read up to the link before making a thicko out of yourself. Garda assessment from earlier this year

Garda assessment from Drew, Thunderbirds have less puppet strings

What was Chay Bowes hinting at earlier when he purposely tweeted to Paschal and Leo?

Still not sure. Someone posted clarification earlier I don't have time to follow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Folks that's what FG core voters want, sleazy corrupt gombeen party , the only crime an FG TD can commit that will lose them votes is get caught

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Truthvader wrote: »
    Read the link. FFS

Well done on dragging yet another thread about those in govt down the SF tangent.
    Ever wonder if B.S. deflection like this could play a part in the lack of accountability in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

You'd feel bad for Matt O'Toole - from the WhatsApp screenshots you can tell he trusted Bowes so must feel like a gut punch to see their private messages being shared.

Then on the other side you had Leo dragging him through the mud during the questions in the Dail.

Getting punches from all angles.

Any other country,what went on here would be a crime,and a fairly serious one at that

Jokeshop of a country,jokeshop of a parliment to let it happen,

Nothing ever fcuking changes here,

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You'd feel bad for Matt O'Toole - from the WhatsApp screenshots you can tell he trusted Bowes so must feel like a gut punch to see their private messages being shared.

Then on the other side you had Leo dragging him through the mud during the questions in the Dail.

Would you accept that Leo knew exactly what he was doing and told O'Tuathill what would happen if the IMO got wind of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Village magazine claiming "much more to come"

More info for public consumption; much more to come
    If it's more of the same, then there's feck all here.

MOT comes off looking like a gobsh1te but I see nothing that contradicts the current account.

In fact, if anything it strengthens Leo's account. MOT asks "how's tricks" and Leo ignores it. They're clearly not close friends.

Edit: If he sent the same DM to Leo that he sent to Harris, then that basically exonerates Leo completely. MOT asked for the contract in the interests of sharing it with GPs and "getting it over the line". Which is basically why Leo said he sent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Was MOT really such an eejit that he shared screenshots of every message on his phone with Bowes? Who does that?

Was MOT really such an eejit that he shared screenshots of every message on his phone with Bowes? Who does that?

Someone who thinks they did something great I guess.

Leo is the bigger eegit for engaging in a WhatsApp messenger chat with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Can't say I feel bad for a GP who talks about rape in such a puerile and trivialising way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

seamus wrote: »
    In fact, if anything it strengthens Leo's account. MOT asks "how's tricks" and Leo ignores it. They're clearly not close friends.

No it doesn't, you don't know he didn't answer, it could've been answered on another media or even meetup.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Uy5vmEwqoxLfhGaq2DDFQy3DDyNJk-L/view?usp=drivesdk

Claims he did meet Harris for lunch “on the quite”. Contradiction no 1.

If it's more of the same, then there's feck all here.

MOT comes off looking like a gobsh1te but I see nothing that contradicts the current account.

Edit: If he sent the same DM to Leo that he sent to Harris, then that basically exonerates Leo completely. MOT asked for the contract in the interests of sharing it with GPs and "getting it over the line". Which is basically why Leo said he sent it.

Not s line of defence I'd like to take if I were Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Would you accept that Leo knew exactly what he was doing and told O'Tuathill what would happen if the IMO got wind of it?

Not sure how I can accept that given there appears to be no evidence of that? I can only go on what is in front of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

You feel bad for MOT?

He comes across as a Charlatan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Any sympathy I might have had for him was deleted by his money bags emoji 💰. Lowlife through and through, especially for a GP.

Any other country,what went on here would be a crime,and a fairly serious one at that

Jokeshop of a country,jokeshop of a parliment to let it happen

I think yesterday was more or less unprecedented for the simple reason that if this had happened in the past Varadkar would be gone long before he needed to come into the Dáil.
    My analysis says that this toxic power swap has led us to this.

not a bit, why would you feel bad?? he only got caught that's all. If this was never in the public domain, he's be on TV telling everyone what's right and wrong whilst trying to profit from immigration issues and boasting about having strings pulled all the time for his benefit...oh poor guy, his shiny portion of the golden circle turned out to be fools gold and you have to feel bad for him..

I get what you mean in that he was feckt over twice but as Alec baldwin says in Glengarry...you wanna play in the mans game!!! hit the bricks pal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No it doesn't, you don't know he didn't answer, it could've been answered on another media or even meetup.
    It could. But if that exists, it hasn't been shared.

Based on what has been shared, it supports Varadkar's account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

Basics here....

Who sends something with "Confidential, Not for Circulation"???

I think the Big lettering may have caused the "error in judgement". Maybe he is used to small letters?

Anyone defending this has dubious moral character in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Is there going to be an investigation to determine the facts, make a ruling at had out a punishment? Or is that only done within a party?
    I don’t think Leo should resign because other idiots such as Murphy say he should. He should resign or be removed if he has broken x law or regulation or y person personally benefitted from the sharing of the documents

Not sure how I can accept that given there appears to be no evidence of that? I can only go on what is in front of me.

Don't you think Leo would have told him why he was giving him the document?

Seems to me he was warned very strongly about what would happen if the IMO found out....and it wasn't that it was in the national interest.

Never mind though, I am quite enjoying the squirming from confronting the reality of what was going on here in FG supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

That's not a logical statement. They could have chatted away underneath that message for all we know. We don't even see Leo's full response.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement