Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hik-Connect Loading Intermittently

Options
  • 31-10-2020 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

I'm having issues with using the Hik-Connect app, sometimes the cameras don't load. It seems to get to 55% or higher and just stops. Playback seems to work ok, no issues loading and scrolling through the feed. I have a Virgin Media Hub 3 router and it's noisy when in use, when the camera gets stuck at say 55% I don't hear the router working. The occasional time the system will say it's offline.

At first I thought the issue was being outside on 3G network, but switching to 'basic' quality doesn't help and the issue still persists with 4G or a good WiFi connection (200Mb).

I'm tech savvy with everything except networking. I'm using two ColorVu cameras and a 7604 NVR and just plugged them in and got Hik Connect working.

The NVR is connected via powerline which is capable of 80Mb.

Anything I should look at in the settings?

Advertisement