Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 SEPA payee reference longer than 25 characters?

Options
  • 01-11-2020 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I need to input a specific reference for a SEPA transfer but it does not fit in the 25 characters available on Banking 365. Can you please tell me how I can set a reference for a specific payee of 26 or more characters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭Tow

This is a legacy limitation of BOI's systems.  The 'Reference' or to use its proper SEPA field name 'End To End Identification' (EndToEndID) is 35 characters
     long.  See page 17 of BOI's own spec: https://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/app/uploads/2018/11/OMI015017-Credit-Transfer-PAIN.001.001.03-DIGITALFINAL-VERSION.pdf

There is another field, but its use may/probably not be supported by your recipient's automated systems.  It is  (Unstructured) 'Remittance Information', this field length is 140 characters. 

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Tow wrote: »
    This is a legacy limitation of BOI's systems.  The 'Reference' or to use its proper SEPA field name 'End To End Identification' (EndToEndID) is 35 characters
     long.  See page 17 of BOI's own spec: https://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/app/uploads/2018/11/OMI015017-Credit-Transfer-PAIN.001.001.03-DIGITALFINAL-VERSION.pdf

There is another field, but its use may/probably not be supported by your recipient's automated systems.  It is  (Unstructured) 'Remittance Information', this field length is 140 characters. 
    Thanks but that is not supported by the receiver at the End to End 35 results in 25 characters customer facing.

I wonder if there is anyway BOI could manually configure this for me? Otherwise to put this transfer through I will have to instead transfer funds from BOI to an account like N26 which I set up over the weekend to test and saw allows more like ~150 characters. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I spoke with 365 and they told me they only have access to the same online banking customers do, and I would have to either go into a branch, which is not an option right now with the pandemic, or send them a letter with written instructions requesting this. It will probably be quicker to just transfer to N26 so I am going to just do that instead. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Runwithascript,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you were experiencing difficulty making this transfer. We see you have been in touch with our colleagues in 365. We'll be sure to share your feedback with the relevant team. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement