Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL delivery - packages and goods soaking wet

Options
  • 01-11-2020 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

My package arrived some time after 3pm Friday and yesterday morning. I received no text or any contact to tell me my package had arrived. I don't know if the door bell was rung or not. I did receive a text message Tuesday to say my package would be delivered Thursday.

My package was out the back of my house, saturated from the wind and rain. Im so pissed off. They were boots worth €170. Before opening the package I could feel the shoebox saturated. It was a careless service. My boots are wet and there's a smell off them now from the wet. The shoebox is soft and torn. Documents also.

I've looked up the DHL website and basically it looks as well I have to get onto the retailer where I purchased my boots with my complaint.

Has anyone had the same issue or other kind of complaint with DHL? I'm so annoyed. They easily could have been left under shelter at my front door or at least let me know the package had been dropped off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

why would you call DHL - you don't have any contract with them.

It is as simple as contacting the store you purchased the goods from with any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭LilacNails

silver2020 wrote: »
    why would you call DHL - you don't have any contract with them.

It is as simple as contacting the store you purchased the goods from with any issue.

Because it was one of their employees that lefts my package outside, carelessly, instead of putting it under some shelter or contact me to let me know the package was on the way or they were outside me door.... Which they have done before, probably by an employee who had a bit more cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I'd be taking pictures of everything as well and get on to the retailer.
    I'd return the item for this reason, the retailer needs to deal with DHL, it was them who hired them for the delivery service

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Your contract is with the seller, you deal with them only. In cases like this, photograph it where it is, and take more as you unpack it. Send them all off to the sender and tell them you want to return and you would like replacement. They can sort it out with DHL.

Thanks. Ya I took pics as soon as I opened it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Courier companies don’t listen to the customers receiving the goods but they do listen to those paying for their services. Contact the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Courier companies don’t listen to the customers receiving the goods but they do listen to those paying for their services. Contact the seller.

Contact the retailer, they'll more than likely replace them. They then have to chase up the courier to get reimbursed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There should be a returns document (if it's not wet and destroyed) for free returns.
    Send it back requesting a refund/replacement as "faulty". If you have a twitter account, DM is often the quickest way to get a response.
    If you have to pay for the return, keep the receipt.

I actually have to go about printinh off the return document, which I think is silly it could be easily included. I actually sent an email to arnotts Monday still haven't heard back.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭phester28

Had UPS and fastway throw parcels under my car. ring the door bell and run. Thankfully I got my goods before they got too wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

phester28 wrote: »
    Had UPS and fastway throw parcels under my car. ring the door bell and run. Thankfully I got my goods before they got too wet.

Or driven over!!

It’s odd though that the delivery guy went around the back if your house and left them there. Was there a note on the account to that effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

LilacNails wrote: »
    I actually have to go about printinh off the return document, which I think is silly it could be easily included. I actually sent an email to arnotts Monday still haven't heard back.

That bit is a pain especially in the current climate working from home so without access to a printer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Every single package I have received in the past month as been thrown on the doorstep, sometimes they ring the doorbell but they don't wait to see if someone answers.

Twice they have dumped parcels on my window sill that belong to houses up the road.

Advertisement