Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a España stage 12: Pola de Laviana to Alto de l'Angliru (109km)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

I haven't a clue how they calculated it, or what TTs they have included or excluded, but this is what ProCyclingStats reckon the GC will be after the ITT on Tuesday

https://twitter.com/ProCyclingStats/status/1322977216851042305

I can't open the link. What do they predict?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Tweet seems to be gone but it was Roglic in front by around 1.40 if I remember correctly, but Dan back up to third which isn't certain by any means

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

happytramp wrote: »
    Carthy finished 8th in a similar TT in last year's Giro. He's pretty good when he wants to be.

Without knowing anything about Hugh Carthy's TT abilities I would have presumed he would have been handy enough. There are very few of his stock (ie that came through British Cycling) that aren't decent time triallists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Without knowing anything about Hugh Carthy's TT abilities I would have presumed he would have been handy enough. There are very few of his stock (ie that came through British Cycling) that aren't decent time triallists.
    I think he has a decent TT, but he didn't really come through their system like a Thomas or Wiggins. Did his own thing as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Jon Vaughters (boss of EF) reckons this Giro ITT in 2019 is a good comparison. No Dan or Mas but the other 3 were in it

Roglic won. He was 1:30 ahead of Carthy (a great 8th) and 1:55 ahead of Carapaz (in 11th)

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/giro-d-italia/2019/stage-9/result/result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

There's also the kicker at the end. Probably not long enough to justify a change of bike, but maybe the climbers will take a punt on doing so?

Also have to factor what that finish will do to Rog's head...

Advertisement