Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor brain melt

Options
  • 01-11-2020 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Currently can't get into a shop to have a look at monitor options in the flesh but moving into a new house soon and I want to get a proper desk and monitor setup.... Only realized now, once I started to research it, how much difference there is in specs and types!!

I'll be using it for:

- Work mainly (so important the image and text etc is clear & sharp)
    - Casual Console Gaming (Xbox One X & soon the Series X) (Single Player only, no multiplayer )
    - No PC gaming
    - Netflix/YouTube etc

Any recommendations on what monitor would suit? Most reviews seem tailored to PC Gamers...

I like the idea of dual 27" monitors (so I could swivel one vertical when needed), one larger 32" or possibly a 34" ultrawide

As I won't be playing PC games, then would a 4k monitor be better or should I stick to 1440p?

Curved v Flat general consensus?

So much differing options & opinion out there it would make your head explode!!

Budget probably <500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Hard to say. I use a 4k 22 inch monitor that allows me to open huge sharp spreadsheets, FL Studio, Blender 3D and other stuff like that.

There is however a trade off to the high resolution. Brightness is good but the colors aren't that great. If you're a graphic designer you wouldn't like it. There's also a refresh rate trade off with it being lower.

It's from Acer

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Cheers for the reply! I'm thinking a single 32" 4k at the moment or else a 27" 1440p and possibly add another 27" one for a dual-screen setup

Hard to gauge what they look like when you can't get into shops these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

there's not really anywhere that would have a great selection of those kinds of monitors anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

I buy all my computer parts from Elara.ie , that's where I got my monitor also.

Advertisement