Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a decent deal on a prebuilt pc? €365

Options
  • 01-11-2020 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

[Motherboard]: FOXCONN 2ABF

[Cpu] :INTEL CORE i5-3470 QUAD CORE PROCESSOR

[Memory] : 8GB DDR3

[Storage] :
    SSD - 128GB Goldenfir T650 SATA3 for OS
    HDD - 500GB SEAGATE HDD for DATA

[Graphics] : Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB WINDFORCE OC Edition

[PSU] : ATX 400W FSP GROUP

[Optical Drive] : NONE

[Case] :1st Player Fire Dancing V2-A Mid Tower Case

[OS] : Win 10 PRO 64bit- FRESH

This guy seems to sell hundreds of pcs on donedeal and adverts and has a good rep.

And would it run fps games at 60fps 1080p? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Cpu :INTEL CORE i5-3470 QUAD CORE PROCESSOR

Memory : 8GB DDR3

Storage :

Graphics :
    Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB WINDFORCE OC Edition

PSU :
    ATX 400W FSP GROUP

Optical Drive :
    NONE

Case :
    1st Player Fire Dancing V2-A Mid Tower Case

Win 10 PRO 64bit- FRESH

This guy seems to sell hundreds of pcs on donedeal and adverts and has a good rep.

Price seems fair if he has tested it and it’s spotless, you could run into issues with second hand hard drives if they are very old and well used.

DDR3 is the old format ram so you won’t be upgrading this I’d take it?

Counter strike - no problem.
    COD - maybe alright.
    Battlefield - newer ones would struggle a lot I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

Its a horrendous PC even for the price.

The graphics card is truely awful and the processor is 8 years old. Stay well clear of it.

Whats your max budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

I wouldn't say it's horrendous exactly but it's very low end. Not worth 365 or even close. 200 would be more realistic.

It would run stuff like CS, Valorant, Overwatch, Fortnite well enough.

It would be pretty much useless for Warzone, Battlefield, etc unless you are OK at low settings/resolution.

Homelander wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's horrendous exactly but it's very low end. Not worth 365 or even close. 200 would be more realistic.

It would run stuff like CS, Valorant, Overwatch, Fortnite well enough.

It would be pretty much useless for Warzone, Battlefield, etc unless you are OK at low settings/resolution.

Rx 460 is an awful card.

Jimson wrote: »
    Rx 460 is an awful card.

OK? Nothing I said contradicted that?

I said it's not a horrendous PC if the price is right.

The RX460 isn't "awful", it just is what it is. It's not designed nor was it ever designed to play AAA titles really, it's an eSports card like the RX560.

For someone whose only interest was CSGo, Valorant, DOTA, or those sort of games, a PC like this would be good value at €250 or thereabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ConorSammon

Thanks for responses. Not sure how to quote text but anyways budget is 400. Im open to building but would prefer to buy a prebuilt one.

No point buying new on that budget, it's too low.

Best bet is to buy a 2nd hand i7 (4th gen and above) PC from Ebay for €200-250 and throw a €150 GTX1650 into it.

Grand for Warzone at 1080P high settings.

Or else look around on Adverts. I don't have time to look around it but there are good priced machines there in your budget range, the one you quoted in your first post isn't one of them though.

Something like this. I'm sure there would be a bit of wiggle room with the seller .

That's a decent enough setup with a 4 core 8 thread xeon and a gtx 970 is still a decent card for 1080p gaming. I checked out that xeon and us indeed the same as an i7 4770.

If you can get that 450 its a steal really.

https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/excellent-gaming-pc/22010477

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

[Cpu] :INTEL CORE i5-3470 QUAD CORE PROCESSOR

[Memory] : 8GB DDR3

[Storage] :

[Graphics] : Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB WINDFORCE OC Edition

[PSU] : ATX 400W FSP GROUP

[Optical Drive] : NONE

[Case] :1st Player Fire Dancing V2-A Mid Tower Case

[OS] : Win 10 PRO 64bit- FRESH

I got a machine for my niece (possibly from the same seller), same processor etc. with a NTX 970. Comfortably plays everything I have thrown at it 1080p. Not 60fps in some cases. Only game I had to put on lower settings was Horizon Zero Dawn. Which remains at least as playable as it does on PS4 and at least as good looking if not more so.

It won't pull up any trees of course, but its not bad at all, especially for the price I got it for. That being said the 970 is a bit better than the 470.. so it will be passable, 30fps maybe on 1080p lower settings on newer games (or badly optimised ones like Horizon).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

Thanks for responses. Not sure how to quote text but anyways budget is 400. Im open to building but would prefer to buy a prebuilt one.
    Just built my first Pc this week. Circa 450 euro..keyboard/mouse. ryzen 3100, AMD rx560 4gb, Asus b450 prime plus motherboard and 16 gb ram, with 480gb tsunbow ssd as secondary drive and a 256 gb m2 as primary drive. Carbide 100r case and 450W corsair psu Loaded Ubuntu onto it. runs like a dream, but nothing tougher than L4D2 and kerbal tried on it yet
    got a 1080p monitor in lidl for 50 euro...somebody opened the box and returned it pristine first

Advertisement