Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate World Landmark Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm absolutely fascinated by her posts! Is she in a time-warp, or a parallel but slightly-out-of-sync universe somewhere?

Am I not playing werewolf here, who we lynching :D come on worldwide villagers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Pripyat for me, very hard to call this one.

But the Sanctuary, despite initial appearaces to me anyway, is new, and is not even finished! Still sounds like a bit of a building site (public allowed in with hard hats).

And some more googling tells me that the amusement park in Pripyat was due to officially open literally a few days after the Chernobyl explosion, which makes it even more eerie and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Pripyat - because for me when I think of Ukraine I instantly think of chernobyl. Maybe thats not a good thing, but its something distinctive for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sanctuary of Truth advances to Round 3

One more match for tonight folks and it's coming up right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Pripyat for me, very hard to call this one.

But the Sanctuary, despite initial appearaces to me anyway, is new, and is not even finished! Still sounds like a bit of a building site (public allowed in with hard hats).

And some more googling tells me that the amusement park in Pripyat was due to officially open literally a few days after the Chernobyl explosion, which makes it even more eerie and sad.

I was just reading that, didn't know it, although it is very impressive that it is all made of wood.

A vote for Pripyat as well.

Leitisvatn (Denmark)

Leitisvatn1.jpg

VS

Sagrada Familia

shutterstock_603926081.jpg?w=760

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sagrada Familia

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

There's a rumour that it was opened anyway (1st May - big communist celebration) to distract people from the disaster. Which is nastily cynical.

Sagrada Familia

Always loved this building, long before I ever saw it in real life, have seen it now a few times & it does not disappoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

It's probably going to lose, but voting for Leitisvatn.
    I'm totally fascinated by this landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Leitisvatn - Looks somewhere you could spent hours just chilling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Leitisvatn (Denmark). A very dramatic, natural sight to behold. Sagrada Familia is lovely when it isn't covered in scaffolding. (Maybe it's better now.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Tis a fine lake, but La Sagrada Familia is unique and mind-blowing. Even more mad that it won't be finished for decades.

Leitisvatn -
    From the first time I seen it, the other one doesn't appeal to me at all. It looks like its covered in limescale & it makes me feel a bit weird :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Leitisvatn (Denmark)

Just stunning

Oh now..... I might have to resort to tossing a coin here..... how on earth to choose between those two???

One natural, and strikingly beautiful (in that picture anyway)

One built, on an epic scale, by a mad genius architect (and yes, it's not finished either, but I can't see it in the same light as the Thai Sanctuary!)

I think I'll have to go for the Sagrada Familia, for its epicness, and the Gaudi wackiness, and it's absolutely beautiful, and it's practically the symbol of Barcelona (if not officially?)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Oh now..... I might have to resort to tossing a coin here..... how on earth to choose between those two???

One natural, and strikingly beautiful (in that picture anyway)

One built, on an epic scale, by a mad genius architect (and yes, it's not finished either, but I can't see it in the same light as the Thai Sanctuary!)

I think I'll have to go for the Sagrada Familia, for its epicness, and the Gaudi wackiness, and it's absolutely beautiful, and it's practically the symbol of Barcelona (if not officially?)
    If it helps, I'm going to go with the exact same logic as you to end up with Leitisvatn.

So all that effort and it cancels out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Sagrada Familia
    Legendary building, and its not even complete yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Leitisvatn there can't be that many lakes as close to the sea and as dramatic looking as Leitisvatn. Unique and beautiful much like myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Leitisvatn

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Sagrada Familia
    Although surprised either have got this far
    I’d have a clapper bridge ahead of either

cdeb wrote: »
    If it helps, I'm going to go with the exact same logic as you to end up with Leitisvatn.

So all that effort and it cancels out :)
    This is one where I genuinely don't mind which goes through (except that it means the other one gets knocked out) - both absolutely stunning in completely different ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Sagrada Familia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Sagrada Familia. Beautiful building.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Leitisvatn....incredible

Sagrada Familia advances to Round 3

Eww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Night Mack have a good one. Great comp, interesting and a lot of fun.

Advertisement