Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming monitor or TV?

Options
  • 01-11-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

My 13yo son is getting the series x for Christmas. He currently uses an old 32 inch TV. Was going to surprise him with a gaming monitor, or would he be better with a new TV? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dulchie12 wrote: »
    My 13yo son is getting the series x for Christmas. He currently uses an old 32 inch TV. Was going to surprise him with a gaming monitor, or would he be better with a new TV? Thanks guys.

I'm going to say a good 4k tv with HDR is a good bet over a gaming monitor.

1. it'll likely be in the same price range
    2. it'll have speakers for sound (most monitors dont)
    3. It'll have HDR - most monitors dont.
    4. you'll have tv / smart tv functionality

I know your next question will likely be what tv to get, but TBH, I'm not up to speed on whats what at the moment. Theres another thread here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058124919

but also, check out the Richersounds section of the forum. they're a well regarded company on here and wont see you wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dulchie12

Thank you thats great advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, tv all the way.

Xboxs are good multi-media systems as well. Netflix, Amazon Prime, usb

Advertisement