If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade from MusicCast 20 speaker

Options
  • 01-11-2020 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've got a home MusicCast system with a RN-602 amp in my living room connected to decent Fyne speakers and 2 x MusicCast 20 wireless speakers (one in a bedroom and another in the kitchen). 

All 3 work nicely together via MusicCast app but I'm looking to get something more beefy/bassy sound wise in the kitchen (ie. replace the MusicCast 20 and put that speaker in another room).

I can see there's a bigger MusicCast 50 wireless speaker but I'm wondering if it's got that much better sound and whether it'll give me the sound I need in there. I wonder if some sort of mini MusicCast amplifier with speakers would give me what I need.

What do you think? Anything you'd recommend? Am I better off just going with the MusicCast 50 speaker?

Thanks,

markcellardoor

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Mark,

I use a Music Cast system at home myself for general multi-room music and I think it's a great system!

I have recently added a MusicCast 50 and it really does pack a punch - far better than the Cast 20 and it really does actually somehow manage to image well and it has far more 'weight' than the 20.. I also have a WXA50 dedicated amp with small ceiling speakers in another room and the MUSICCAST 50 blows them away - however I would also advise you to check out the CRXN470 which is a compact Micro with Musiccast / CD / Internet radio and is great value at just £299 ( I'm listening to one at the moment!)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202264-yamaha-crxn470d-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

If you bundle that with a budget pair of Fyne F300 ( we will do a bundle price) - it will sound in a different league to the CAST 50 or the WXA050!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

thanks John, apologies for the delay getting back to you.

the WXA050 sounds like it could be the way to go. I'll probably lean towards that.

it's a kitchen refit that's involved here so I'm thinking of maybe hooking up a small TV to the amp via RCA as well and possibly wiring some ceiling speakers  (one either side of the room) possibly instead of the fyne to save space.

Saying that though I'm flipping between the fyne and the ceiling speakers (or both as i see there's 2 speaker connectors on the amp!) but not sure how much of a good bassy sound the ceiling speakers realistically can give compare to some decent shelf speakers.

Any thoughts?

Mark

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

thanks John, apologies for the delay getting back to you.

the WXA050 sounds like it could be the way to go. I'll probably lean towards that.

it's a kitchen refit that's involved here so I'm thinking of maybe hooking up a small TV to the amp via RCA as well and possibly wiring some ceiling speakers  (one either side of the room) possibly instead of the fyne to save space.

Saying that though I'm flipping between the fyne and the ceiling speakers (or both as i see there's 2 speaker connectors on the amp!) but not sure how much of a good bassy sound the ceiling speakers realistically can give compare to some decent shelf speakers.

Any thoughts?

Mark
    Hi MarkCellardoor.

The in-ceiling speakers do lack a little on the bass compared to the shelf speakers unfortunately.

It really is hard to beat the Fyne F300 speakers!
    The inceiling speaker would also be Fyne's also the FA301Ci and still sound very good.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13956-fyne-audio-fa301ic-in-ceiling-speaker-in-ceiling-speaker-each.aspx

Or the Fyne FA302Ci
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13955-fyne-audio-fa302ic-in-ceiling-speaker-in-ceiling-speaker-each.aspx

Or even the FA501Ci
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13957-fyne-audio-fa501ic-in-ceiling-speaker-in-ceiling-speaker-each.aspx

It might be a bit risky running two Pairs of speaker of this WXA50 incase you damaged it. The 4 sets of speaker terminals on the back of it only do two speakers.
    Each speaker has a positive and negative, so it takes two terminals per speaker.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Ah yes.. of course.. maybe i was seeing double !

Thanks kenny

I'll have a think and get back to you

thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Ah yes.. of course.. maybe i was seeing double !

Thanks kenny

I'll have a think and get back to you

thanks!
    No problem at all MarkCellarDoor.

Let us know once you have had a think.

Have a good weekend.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.