If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED48CX5LC and Marantz PM7000n

Options
  • 01-11-2020 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    I’m looking to upgrade my current LG TV and like the 48CX a lot. However I run the TV sound through my PM7000n and currently it works perfect with on/off and volume up/down functions via the regular TV remote as the PM7000n is paired up with it. I know for the fact that LG supply smart remotes with their TVs these days and I’m not sure if these can be used for controlling other equipment that recognises primarily the infra red signals only. 
    I bought such a smart remote a couple of years ago only to discover that my Canton DM50 would not operate with it. I’m not sure if LG changed he design of the recent smart remotes and thus the question. I would hate to buy the TV and discover that I need to be operating the sound via PM7000n remote. Thanks.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Walus,

what an interesting query - thanks for that one!

According to the LG manual it would appear possible - but I have asked one of the guys in-store to have a play around with the CX5 and a PM7000 to ensure that it can be done on those specific products - so, it would appear that you can, but as soon as I have a definite affirmative response we will post again for you ;)

Thanks again Walus and chat soon,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Walus,

the guys instore have checked for you and you CAN control the volume of the PM7000N with the CX5 magic remote - it does not appear to power cycle the PM7000N  - but volume - 100%

Hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

John,

Thanks very much for looking into this.

I think it needs to be done via the TV’s Device Connector/Soundbar setup as the remote must be pre-set for operation with PM7000n rather than programming the amp to recognize the remote commands. If that is of any help.

Could you also give me your best price for this TV with delivery to Cork?

Thanks.

Hi Walus,

I think the guys went in to programming under the MR universal remote programme

it's currently £1499 - £6.99 delivery / 1499€ including delivery ( no brainer!) and our 6 year TV guarantee..

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204872-lg-oled48cx5lc-48-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

Thanks as ever and keep us posted,

ATVB

Hi John,

What is the current lead time for this TV?

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

walus wrote: »
    Hi John,

What is the current lead time for this TV?

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

We have the TV in stock so it would be 2-4 days for delivery (Excluding weekends).

It would ship Monday and you should have it for Wednesday. Our courier would send you text message with your tracking details.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Hi DavidS,

Will you refund the difference if the price drops between now and Black Friday?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

walus wrote: »
    Hi DavidS,

Will you refund the difference if the price drops between now and Black Friday?

Thanks.
    Kenny posted the following repiy earlier today on another thread to a similar question which would be an answer to your question:

"Our normal Black Friday price promise has yet to come into effect but our standard price promise has increased to 14 days which would take you to the 21st.
    Black Friday is the 28th Nov so it would be a week to short.

Hopefully the Black Friday price promise should come into effect very shortly.

Kenny".

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey Walus.

Hopefully the Black Friday price promise will start very shortly :)

@ Loughrey - Thanks for looking after things with the above reply. I'll keep you in mind if a job comes up ;)

Kenny.

Hi Guys,

What is the latest/best price for this TV? Also do you accept Perx reward cards?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.