Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telling me where to eat

Options
  • 01-11-2020 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Can your employer tell you where to eat your lunch?

Started a job a few months and have been keeping to myself because of covid.

I eat my lunch outside because I don't want to mingle when people aren't wearing face masks. The canteen seems like a risky area because of that.

There has been screens put in place in the canteen but HSE has now acknowledged airborne transmission, so I don't see how screens can give protection.

I received a call from my employer during the week pretty much calling me out on being a loner, but not in so many words though. And been told to use the canteen.

Other people go out for their lunch as well. But they gather in groups smoking or go to their car. I don't have a car and I don't gather in groups, so I'm on my own at lunch outdoors. It's something I don't mind doing, I feel safe.

Can they really tell me to use an unsafe canteen?

Advertisement