Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes OP [06/11/20]

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Happy enough with that.

Not pretty, but three points in the bag. Pogba continues good form. Shaw great too (though has negative chemistry with Martial, who continues to have a stinker of a season).

#ChampionsElect

• nullzero wrote: »
    Blessed not to concede from that Mitrovic header.

Great winning goal from Pogba tbf.

Tough 90 minutes of football, we need to make things easier on ourselves.

Bruno really needs a rest, his performances have fallen off a cliff of late.

Bruno was literally the reason alongside Cavani we equalised tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

nullzero wrote: »
    Blessed not to concede from that Mitrovic header.

Great winning goal from Pogba tbf.

Tough 90 minutes of football, we need to make things easier on ourselves.

Bruno really needs a rest, his performances have fallen off a cliff of late.

I don't know, I think it's selective rememberance with Bruno. He's a flawed player and tries things that aren't on an awful lot. He steps up in the big moments but his general play and decision making at times can be suspect. He works hard to make up for it so easier to forgive and his contributions going forward are obviously excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

2 big goals from pogba in last 3 games.

are bridges burnt? 3 games ago i would have said yes, now unsure.

why do you make me question myself like that paul? why not play like that all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I don't want to get too carried away but as tepid of a performance that was, those were the kind of wins we always got under Fergie that just kept the points tally ticking.

Mid week away to a struggling side (who put up a cup final performance) in the pissing rain and back from behind to win it. Can't beat it.

Next three are Sheffield, Arsenal and Southampton, all extremely winnable games coinciding with the end of City's handy run of games.

No reason not to be optimistic after tonight that was a dog fight tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

beno619 wrote: »
    He's playing out of position and not getting any breaks. People are far too sensitive to little dips in form.

The other thing is he's not doing much wrong eithier

he's laying the ball of and linking up correctly and not giving the ball away cheaply.

So while he's not setting the world on fire he's not causing us problems

playing with martial is like playing with 10 men half the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Happy enough with that.

Not pretty, but three points in the bag. Pogba continues good form. Shaw great too (though has negative chemistry with Martial, who continues to have a stinker of a season).

#ChampionsElect
    I thought Pogba was awful again bar the goal. People give him so much slack. He won't he game tonight so fair play but I mean he's just not up to it most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Looking at Pogbas goal again....wow

What a hit, keeper no chance

Jermaine Jenas talking some brown. Mentioned Utd had few players in top form lately.
    Mentioned Shaw(fair enough) and Wan Bissaka who is having the worst 2/3 months since he got to Utd.

bar his boo boo at the start i thought AWB was fairly decent.

Some nice footwork, few crosses etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Excellent result, enjoying the anxiety during these games! Means we are still in it. Its the games in the rain and **** against the wigans, Blackburns, sunderlands that defined some of our title runs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Ref gave us nothing tonight. I hope the current myth that we are getting everything passes soon, thats 2 games now in 3 that refs look like they are trying to prove they are not based by not giving us obvious decisions. The Maguire goal against Burnley and the RLC on Fred for the penalty in this game is very annoying. In other situations these type of decisions could have cost us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Greenwood looks a shadow of his former self, depressing to see.

I don’t think he’s good enough to be starting games. Great finisher but really lacking in other aspects of his game. Very predictable as well. Needs to be coming on against tired defences when there’s more space for him to exploit.

Liam O wrote: »
    I thought Pogba was awful again bar the goal. People give him so much slack. He won't he game tonight so fair play but I mean he's just not up to it most of the time.

He was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

We do not have any wingers at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

unplayable wrote: »
    We do not have any wingers at the club

Where've you been the last couple years?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

limnam wrote: »
    He was awful.

Made most tackles tonight, joint top with Fulham defender. Shaw the best completion rate. Calling him awful is a continuation of the harsh over criticism he gets.

Goal aside he wasn't the best player out there like he has been in some recent games but awful is over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Surely now Tuanzebe deserves to be given a chance at CB.

The other thing is he's not doing much wrong eithier

he's laying the ball of and linking up correctly and not giving the ball away cheaply.

So while he's not setting the world on fire he's not causing us problems

playing with martial is like playing with 10 men half the time

rashford back to the left, maybe pogba on the right with cavani up top. cant keep carrying him. martial is playing dreadfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

This was an important game for me for the last few weeks to show if this team has it in them to maintain a title challenge. Always likely to drop points against Pool so how they responded with tonights game was going to proove if the recent strong mentality they have shown lately is the real deal.
    Well it's only the half way stage but they are begining to make me think we have a chance in this race. If we are still top after the Arsenal game in a couple of weeks, I'll be booking my tickets for the positivity train.
    Been a big critic of Ole, but you have to start giving him credit for this run we are on.
    It's not just down to Bruno anymore, several players have stepped up, Shaw, Cavani, Pogba, Bailly and you have to lay that at the managers door, the same as you would lay the blame when no-one is playing well.

He was awful.

No he wasnt. Far from it

• Advertisement

rashford back to the left, maybe pogba on the right with cavani up top. cant keep carrying him. martial is playing dreadfully.

Nonsense. He’s one of our best players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Have the yellow cards for a few players been reset now? I think it was mentioned earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

kerplun k wrote: »
    Ref gave us nothing tonight. I hope the current myth that we are getting everything passes soon, thats 2 games now in 3 that refs look like they are trying to prove they are not based by not giving us obvious decisions. The Maguire goal against Burnley and the RLC on Fred for the penalty in this game is very annoying. In other situations these type of decisions could have cost us.

Think you're imagining it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Would take 40 points again and 80 for the season, probably not enough to win the league but definite progress and moving in the right direction.

Should be aiming for more than that given the terrible start we had.

Scrap the cap!

i know, killing it this season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pogba was very good. He was all over the pitch, breaking up play, passing, moving, scored a lovely goal.

He is looking fit and sharp on the ball.

He made a few mistakes so he wasn't perfect but that was a very good cm performance.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Pogba was very good. He was all over the pitch, breaking up play, passing, moving, scored a lovely goal.

He is looking fit and sharp on the ball.

He made a few mistakes so he wasn't perfect but that was a very good cm performance.

He was very good. Dont know how some can say he was awful

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

MattS1 wrote: »
    Have the yellow cards for a few players been reset now? I think it was mentioned earlier.
    Not reset, just means you need to get to 10 now before a ban.

heheheheheheheheh

• Advertisement

who in the utd squad have PL medals?

MattS1 wrote: »

Yep, 10 yellows needed now

On his day he can be but they're few and far between.

Lately, he's been atrocious and non existent. He has the capability but not sure if it's a question of him just not being arsed or just bang out of form.

2 goals all season and has kept other, better players in form out of the team unfairly.

He's not United quality or certainly where United want to be. Infuriating player to watch unfortunately.

DDG and Jones.

EDIT: Matic too.

EDIT 2: Maguire. :)

On his day he can be but they're few and far between.

Lately, he's been atrocious and non existent. He has the capability but not sure if it's a question of him just not being arsed or just bang out of form.

2 goals all season and has kept other, better players in form out of the team unfairly.

He's not United quality or certainly where United want to be. Infuriating player to watch unfortunately.

He's the biggest talent united have apparently.

so much potential.

In a few years he'll come good and donkey be back to tell you told you so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

De Gea, Jones,Lingard? That'd be it. Has Lingard even got 1?

• Advertisement

Matic.

DDG and Jones.

Matic.

Mcguire, nm thought he was at leiciester when they won it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

fcukin hope he hasn't :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lingard didn't make his debut in premier league till Van Gaal was in charge so no he hasn't got a medal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Lingard didn't make his debut in premier league till Van Halen was in charge so no he hasn't got a medal.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

DDG and Jones.

EDIT: Matic too.

EDIT 2: Maguire. :)

dont think maguire? wes morgan and robert huth i think were CB's that season

Yah i thought mcguire too, no he doesn't have one

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

bangkok wrote: »
    He was very good. Dont know how some can say he was awful

He was abysmal for the first 20 mins, and not alone, his yellow card seemed to wake him up into being a little less rash and he played it simple when required which is exactly what was needed

Yeah apologies, don’t mind me. Thought he was at Leicester at the time.

Two moments stand out that describe this current #MUFC team:

Bruno Fernandes gives away the ball, sprints 25 yards to win it back.

Paul Pogba gives away the ball, battles 25 yards to win it back.

There are errors but creative players doing the graft speaks volumes.

True

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

We really need to sign a right winger.....Nani left five years ago.

Fred and Cavani both very good. Pogba frustrating at times but can come up with a bit of magic now and then.

In other news, Real Madrid just lost to a third division team.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Surely now Tuanzebe deserves to be given a chance at CB.

Or Maguire dropped. Organisation starts with him and he's not up to it.

Bailley and Lindeloff played twice together this season and looked unphased entirely. Maguire has been veering from good and solid to woeful all season and he's the only consistent body there.

I'd drop him for Sunday anyway. Needs a break and needs to sit down and watch some tape of the organisational mess.

bangkok wrote: »
    Two moments stand out that describe this current #MUFC team:

Bruno Fernandes gives away the ball, sprints 25 yards to win it back.

Paul Pogba gives away the ball, battles 25 yards to win it back.

There are errors but creative players doing the graft speaks volumes.

True

whats the difference here between sprints and battles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Surely Mata must have won the league with Chelsea

whats the difference here between sprints and battles?

Fairly obvious i thought?

Bruno sprinting back one time when he lost the ball and won it, pogba running down the sideline in a battle fighting to win the ball back and does ending up into the advertising hording

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement