Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes OP [06/11/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

ShaneU wrote: »
    We really need to sign a right winger.....Nani left five years ago.

Fred and Cavani both very good. Pogba frustrating at times but can come up with a bit of magic now and then.

In other news, Real Madrid just lost to a third division team.

i gave up gambling this year (maybe last year) after they lost to a newly promoted team on a sunday evening. lost 2-1 i think. lost too much money.

although, that prob saves me money in the long term :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I see tonight ronaldo becomes the highest scorer in football history. Was just thinking of his winner for us v fulham in 06/7 season

https://youtu.be/kgNfOLtfds0

Class

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Surely Mata must have won the league with Chelsea

He didn't but has a champions league winners medal with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Weepsie wrote: »
    Or Maguire dropped. Organisation starts with him and he's not up to it.

Bailley and Lindeloff played twice together this season and looked unphased entirely. Maguire has been veering from good and solid to woeful all season and he's the only consistent body there.

I'd drop him for Sunday anyway. Needs a break and needs to sit down and watch some tape of the organisational mess.

Completely agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lord TSC wrote: »
    giphy.gif

tumblr_ojbwe4YkNo1v6h6rvo6_500.gifv

tumblr_ojbwe4YkNo1v6h6rvo5_400.gifv

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Weepsie wrote: »
    Or Maguire dropped. Organisation starts with him and he's not up to it.

Bailley and Lindeloff played twice together this season and looked unphased entirely. Maguire has been veering from good and solid to woeful all season and he's the only consistent body there.

I'd drop him for Sunday anyway. Needs a break and needs to sit down and watch some tape of the organisational mess.

I honestly can’t see Ole dropping Maguire. He’s one of the guaranteed names on the team sheet.

He seriously needs to work on organising the defence though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I say it after every game we have nothing on the right, Diallo has to be given a run out as he can't do any worse

We had nothing on the left tonight as Martial was awful and had no link up play with Shaw

A piece of magic from Bruno for the Cavani goal and a world class strike from Pogba made the difference

We seem to keep picking up wins but unless Diallo is able to come in and offer creativity on the right I cant see us sustaining current results

bangkok wrote: »
    Fairly obvious i thought?

Bruno sprinting back one time when he lost the ball and won it, pogba running down the sideline in a battle fighting to win the ball back and does ending up into the advertising hording

it reads like the exact same action only you replace battle with sprint.

X loses the ball and sprints back 25m to win it back
    X loses the ball and battles back 25m to win it back

both very good tonight, so nots let get in an argument about this :pac:

ShaneU wrote: »
    We really need to sign a right winger.....

Donald Trump is out of contract

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

I see tonight ronaldo becomes the highest scorer in football history. Was just thinking of his winner for us v fulham in 06/7 season

https://youtu.be/kgNfOLtfds0

Class

surely not. awaiting statement from santos about another 100 unrecorded pele goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Excellent result given fact we were asleep for first 10 mins,Maguire,Bailly and Pogba all poor for Lookmans goal.

For a big strong lad Maguire is useless at attacking headers from Utd corners,granted had one disallowed lately but for every 10 chances he gets he only makes the keeper work once or twice.Needs serious coaching on it.

Bruno should have being taken off after 80 mins....looked wrecked for last 25 mins.
    Team for Pool better not include Bruno,Maguire,Shaw, Martial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Two moments stand out that describe this current #MUFC team:

Bruno Fernandes gives away the ball, sprints 25 yards to win it back.

Paul Pogba gives away the ball, battles 25 yards to win it back.

There are errors but creative players doing the graft speaks volumes.

True

Pogba doesnt do it enough.

Granted he is doing it more than previous seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

I was always a little sceptical as to how good Cavani actually was when he was playing elsewhere, particularly in the French league, but I've been really impressed with him at United. Great attitude, desire and workrate.

Stark comparison to some other players in the squad who could learn so much off him. Not sure how planned it was but turning out be a really good signing.

Greenwoods season is the pits. Has lost all confidence and appears unmotivated

Dunno where to say exactly he went wrong, but hes a shadow of his former self. No desire at all and nothing is working for him.

Is it his attitude, the inability of the coaching staff to bring him further, is it the weight of media pressure, is it being played out if position? Or a mix of all the above.

He has just lost his mojo completely. Was hoping a good game tonight could kick start him

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Excellent result given fact we were asleep for first 10 mins,Maguire,Bailly and Pogba all poor for Lookmans goal.

For a big strong lad Maguire is useless at attacking headers from Utd corners,granted had one disallowed lately but for every 10 chances he gets he only makes the keeper work once or twice.Needs serious coaching on it.

Rashford should have being taken off after 80 mins....looked wrecked for last 25 mins.
    Team for Pool better not include Bruno,Maguire,Shaw, Martial.

Would have been good taking Rashford off after 80 when he only came on at minute 85...

• Advertisement

That fulham goal was 100% wan bissakas fault. He played lookman on and he was looking straight across the line. He had a good game after that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

On his day he can be but they're few and far between.

Lately, he's been atrocious and non existent. He has the capability but not sure if it's a question of him just not being arsed or just bang out of form.

2 goals all season and has kept other, better players in form out of the team unfairly.

He's not United quality or certainly where United want to be. Infuriating player to watch unfortunately.

Bang on..
    The main striker in a Man United team with 2 goals should nearly tell you enough without having to dig much further..
    But when you do dig further, you do find it's pretty much as you describe above..

Watching and comparing him and Cavani..Well, if you don't see it, you don't see it, but I suggest you may need an eye test 😉

beakerjoe wrote: »

Dunno where to say exactly he went wrong, but hes a shadow of his former self. No desire at all and nothing is working for him.

Is it his attitude, the inability of the coaching staff to bring him further, is it the weight of media pressure, is it being played out if position? Or a mix of all the above.

He has just lost his mojo completely. Was hoping a good game tonight could kick start him

He lost a close friend to suicide. Been a tough year for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Seriously? He’s a 19 year old. What are you expecting from him? He has had some personal problems this season which is why he hasn’t been used as much by Ole. What are you talking about desire for? He’s a United lad through and through, he’s gonna be scoring goals for the next 10 years at United.... he’s just a kid after all, no need for those kinda comments

about maguires heading, my thoughts

a defender just whacks it with their head up the pitch. wherever that is, is grand; once danger is gone.

an attacker needs to actually direct a header.

to maguire the ball is a nail, and he is a hammer (a cumbersome one at that) it'll go in straight like 5% (or maybe 1%) of the time.

• Advertisement

He lost a close friend to suicide. Been a tough year for him

I honestly keep forgetting that.

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Seriously? He’s a 19 year old. What are you expecting from him? He has had some personal problems this season which is why he hasn’t been used as much by Ole. What are you talking about desire for? He’s a United lad through and through, he’s gonna be scoring goals for the next 10 years at United.... he’s just a kid after all, no need for those kinda comments

I expect the same level as last year at a minimum. He looks lost on the pitch this season. If his gead isnt right, then maybe he shouldnt be playing.

What kind of comments? That hes playing poorly. Relax pal.

shagging birds from iceland.

last summer he was a nearly guaranteed a spot in the euros. after being dropped, he has shown no fight to get back in.

prob just a youngster living his life.

gordan darcy was called up to the irish rugby team, turned it down so he could do his leaving cert. got a few caps then went to college, enjoyed himself with drinking and the rest of it. didnt get called up for a few years later when BOD was injured. went on to have a great career.

give the man a chance! **** as many icelanders as you want is what i say while you're young. just dont overdo it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wouldn't worry about Greenwood at all as I think he is still doing the right things on the field.

When he gets the ball he is always looking to see what is on. If he does not think he can drive forward and progress play he decides quickly to release the ball and keep things moving. He is very efficient in how he uses the ball, of the players not playing in defence he has the best completed pass stat in todays team as he generally make a simple pass that retains the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ollkiller

How Cavani didn't start against Liverpool I'll never know.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

That fulham goal was 100% wan bissakas fault. He played lookman on and he was looking straight across the line. He had a good game after that though

It was not 100% his fault though. It was partially his fault, for sure a lot of it Maguire fault because he went wandering over to Luke Shaw, partially bailleys for standing there and partially pogbas for looking and pointing and not being proactive

There was no line. Not one of the 4 defenders was in line with another. How can you manage a defensive line like that?

Had Maguire been talking his position in the first place, that pass is never made and it goes sideways or to a winger and there's no danger.

AwB was just the last in a litany of bad defending.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

ollkiller wrote: »
    How Cavani didn't start against Liverpool I'll never know.

I'd question why ighalo was never ever given a chance either since. We constantly see moves die at the feet of martial and Rashford when they are played as central strikers or because they are standing still and not peeling off in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I was suprised Ighalo was still here. Thought he was leaving New Years Eve. Was it always the end of January or did we extend it again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

We will just ignore Maguire wandering over to pick up shaws man for whatever reason and leaving the massive gap.

0% blame attached for that, yep.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

pjohnson wrote: »
    I was suprised Ighalo was still here. Thought he was leaving New Years Eve. Was it always the end of January or did we extend it again?

Was he on the bench tonight? Surely we could just let him go at this stage! Must be the end of January his deal is up, can't imagine they are extending it.

No need now Cavani is in the squad. Such a pleasure having a proper number 9 in the team, he was immense tonight in his workrate and his movement. I've always loved the guy and seeing him in a united shirt, with the number 7 on it restoring some of the magic just makes me day every time.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Deise_2012 wrote: »

Yeah, he's still just a kid with a lot of potential and it's asking a lot of him to deliver consistently - exactly why he shouldn't be starting in PL games for us.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

We will just ignore Maguire wandering over to pick up shaws man for whatever reason and leaving the massive gap.

if AWB played offside would that goal have stood?

maguire wandered up the pitch, which he does frequently. If AWB was clued in, he would have taken a step forward.

but he is not game aware. just worried about making tackles.

i said he will be close on the chopping block, but maybe should be 1st or 2nd. aside from tacking, he offers nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Daz_ wrote: »
    Would have been good taking Rashford off after 80 when he only came on at minute 85...

Typo for Bruno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Vital 3 points over Scott's Fulham, hopefully a bit of a rest for some players against Jurgen's Liverpool, Chris' Sheffield another great chance to keep up the pace for Ole's United.

I wouldn't mind us playing the second team in cups from here on, especially UEFA's European League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

For some people, Maguire is to the defence what PP is to midfield, infallible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Cavani really showed his worth to the team again last night, worked hard, got a goal and came close to another, he showed movement that none of the other strikers would show, he dropped off laid the ball out wide and burst his gut to get into the box for the header, the rest would lay off the ball and admire the pass.
    Cavani just plays like a proper striker

Good win to keep things going, only thing I could complain about is that we didn't put the game to bed, but its great to grind out the win again.

If wan bissaka was in line with pogba and maguire the flag would have gone up. Simple as, he wasnt switched on and played lookman onside. He was looking straight across the line as well so no excuses.

Anyway, TOP OF THE LEAGUE.. :)

Glory glory Man Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Cavani's ability to lay the ball off perfectly first time is sensational.

Naturally wasn't discussed much due to the win, but how was Fred not given the pen in the first half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Donald Trump is out of contract

More chance of that Donnie getting a game than Van Beek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

One of the worst performance from Martial I can remember. He was clueless, that ball into the box from Shaw and he stood there looking at it. His work rate is horrendous, how many years older is Cavani and look at the shift he puts in. We all now he is how good he can be but he's having a shocker of a season and needs to be benched.

• Advertisement

'Pogba stars as Man Utd reclaim top spot'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12193622

Dont know how anyone watching the game thought he was awful. All over the pitch last night with something like 99 touches and a world class goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

'Pogba stars as Man Utd reclaim top spot'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12193622

Dont know how anyone watching the game thought he was awful. All over the pitch last night with something like 99 touches and a world class goal

He was man of the match for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's Pogba's work rate which has been excellent since good run of form started around Christmas or just before it.

Even without the goal I thought he was very good again last night. Winning the ball back numerous times and thankfully is been more clever with his passes.

Martial is my main concern at this moment. He badly needs a goal or 2. Break might do him good.

I be happy if we don't see Bruno till Arsenal game now. Perfect opportunity to give lads breaks over next 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

One of the worst performance from Martial I can remember. He was clueless, that ball into the box from Shaw and he stood there looking at it. His work rate is horrendous, how many years older is Cavani and look at the shift he puts in. We all now he is how good he can be but he's having a shocker of a season and needs to be benched.

Rashford will be back on the left against Liverpool. Against the lesser teams I’d play Greenwood on the right while I’d have Pogba playing there against the bigger teams. We badly need to sign a right winger this summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

It's Pogba's work rate which has been excellent since good run of form started around Christmas or just before it.

Even without the goal I thought he was very good again last night. Winning the ball back numerous times and thankfully is been more clever with his passes.

Solskjaer has managed him perfectly, it could easily have turned into another Ozil situation after his agents comments. Ole said its the fittest he's ever been and its really showing on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thought Pogba was the reason for the first goal - he had the player marked and just let him go. IMO he also felt that too, and his application and work rate following it was very good. Excellent goal as well.

Nervy win in the end - was very disappointed with Cavani's miss in particular just after the second goal. Would have killed the game off and while it was a great save, Cavani gave the keeper an opportunity to make a great save.

But a massive three points. All United can do is look after their own results. Keep up this form and we are in with a massive shout.

• Advertisement

Martial is my main concern at this moment. He badly needs a goal or 2. Break might do him good.

I be happy if we don't see Bruno till Arsenal game now. Perfect opportunity to give lads breaks over next 10 days.

Pogba's recent form is solidifying my opinion that he poor applicaiton or form previously is because the team wasn't competing and was incapable of making a dent at the top of the table.

I think Pogba is playing well now because he knows we have a chance of winning the league.

That doesn't excuse his performances when things aren't going our way - but I'm convinced he has been previously demotivated by the clubs inability to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Maguire was shocking as well for the goal. He is an average defender who wouldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. We were all over the shop for the last 15 mins in the centre of defence. Lindelof while an average defender as well appears to have more organisational skills.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Maguire was shocking as well for the goal. He is an average defender who wouldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. We were all over the shop for the last 15 mins in the centre of defence. Lindelof while an average defender as well appears to have more organisational skills.

he really wasnt, shaw maguire, pogba and bailly are in a perfect line when ball is played, wan bissaka played lookman on, simple as. Pogba put his hand up and stopped as he was in a direct line looking at Maguire and Shaw, its all on wan bissaka, he is looking across the line.

Maguire is a very good defender, im glad he plays for Man Utd and not Man City

• For some people, Maguire is to the defence what PP is to midfield, infallible.

The new Pogba

he really wasnt, shaw maguire, pogba and bailly are in a perfect line when ball is played, wan bissaka played lookman on, simple as. Pogba put his hand up and stopped as he was in a direct line looking at Maguire and Shaw, its all on wan bissaka, he is looking across the line.

Maguire is a very good defender, im glad he plays for Man Utd and not Man City

BS. Play to the fecking whistle. Pogba was at fault for stopping and allowing Lookman a clear run with no pressure. Pogba was on Lookman, and Lookman scored without breaking sweat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement