Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes OP [06/11/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Pogba scored yesterday so he was already triggered before the game today

Poor lad

He's had a tough week alright :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Unearthly wrote: »
    Liverpool 6 points behind? Can this be illustrated with an alternative looking table showing the gap?

If you change your browser's zoom to 300% and google the Premier League table, you have to scroll down to find Liverpool.

:pac::pac::pac:

sCdAZLZl.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

James lingard Jones rojo Romero Ighallo..start them all in the cup.... martial too.... leaugue is the priority now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Klopp is great value when everyone isn't **** over his teams alright, there would be potential in him to eclipse Benitez and perhaps even rival Keegan. Fair bit off that yet but it would be a welcome addition to 2021.

Hes one loss I reckon from a 'fact' esque meltdown. What I wouldnt give for him to present a powerpoint presentation of United penalties.

'That was not a penalty'

I do love to see him lose the plot.

Seeing Souness so low is also very pleasurable to mine eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

Massive week for us. Beating Fulham made the result against Liverpool so much better. I think we can go on and win this league this year.

Liverpool look awful lately and bar the 7-0 win against Palace, they haven’t looked brilliant all year. Injuries catching up with them.
    City are defensively very good. Goals wise they’re not near where they have been before and with De Bruyne out for a few weeks I can see them dropping points.
    Leicester have looked very good and can go on a run.
    Spurs with Kane and Son would have a far greater chance if Jose let them!
    That’s all very simplistic but I think as long as Bruno and Pogba chip in with goals from midfield, we’ll have enough to win games. It’s a big ask but I’m very confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

They have spurs next in the league and we have Sheffield United. No doubt Jose would love to put the boot in so we could conceivably be 9 points ahead of them by this day week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Unearthly wrote: »
    Liverpool 6 points behind? Can this be illustrated with an alternative looking table showing the gap?

40 Manchester United
    38 Leicster, Manchester City
    34 Liverpool
    33 Spurs
    32 Everton, West Ham
    29 Chelsea, Southampton
    27 Arsenal
    26 Aston Villa
    23 Leeds, Crystal Palace
    22 Wolves
    19 Newcastle, Burnely
    17 Brighton
    12 Fulham
    11 West Brom
    5 Sheffield United

Talk of us being interested in Gabriel Veron from Palmeiras in the papers. 18 year old forward, played 34 senior games, 10 goals and 5 assists. Fits in with the mold of young talent being signed up after Pallestri and Diallo. Release clause is 53m but could be available for 18m. Favours a move to Barca but they're pretty broke and have a presidential campaign incoming, so all could change. City and Juve also interested

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

I'd nearly be tempted to go full strength the weekend and try pile more misery on them.

I'd nearly be tempted to go full strength the weekend and try pile more misery on them.

Never give a sucker an even break and take your foot of their throat. Crush them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

He has to play a strong team. Ole cant afford to lose any games, let alone against Liverpool at Old Trafford. There was discontent at only getting a draw at Anfield, so being beaten at Old Trafford would be greeted as a calamity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Lads its Liverpool, no way in hell he puts out a second string. We need to kick them when they are down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

I know they're poor at the moment but I'd be wary about getting too confident. Really hope we go for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

You would have to think Liverpool will rest players

Its not like we have bad players coming in

Tellers, Tuanzebe, Lindelof, Van De Beek, Mctominay

Rest Maguire, Fernandes, Rashford, Shaw, Pogba and no point risking Baily

You have options from the bench if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

How's the form table looking this morning lads??:D

How's the form table looking this morning lads??

Have you not seen the alternative table!!!!

Maybe check previous page

• Jaysus lads

It's a ****ing great morning

:D

DDLDL. This is a Blackburn Rovers level title defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DDLDL. This is a Blackburn Rovers level title defence.

better than our defence under Moyes!

• Advertisement

better than our defence under Moyes!

Completely different context though.

Also, it wasn't to be taken seriously!

It's a ****ing great morning

#GreatNews

The greatest team English football has ever seen, better than the treble winning side or the Invincible's. The best defender the league has ver seen (After 2 good seasons), better than Rio, Vidic, Adams etc. Hopefully now we can stop hearing this nonsense. They really do love setting themselves up for a fall and its wonderful to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ole said he’d make changes but I imagine the team will still be pretty close to full strength thanks to strength in depth this season. Forget about Bruno or Maguire getting a rest, never going to happen.

Henderson
    AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Telles
    McTominay, Fred
    James, Bruno, Rashford
    Martial

Lindelof, McTominay & Rashford all guaranteed starters imo after not starting against Fulham. Matic is also another good shout tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

The greatest team English football has ever seen, better than the treble winning side or the Invincible's. The best defender the league has ver seen (After 2 good seasons), better than Rio, Vidic, Adams etc. Hopefully now we can stop hearing this nonsense. They really do love setting themselves up for a fall and its wonderful to see.

The rest of it is rubbish but the Van Dijk talk was fully justified. Almost every single game I watched of theirs over the last few seasons he was phenomenal and at some stage in the game made ma key challenge/interception to stop a certain goal.
    The only thing I could see stopping them last year after the season they had previous was if something bad happened him and Mane(another brilliant player). Unfortunately both got through the season relatively unscathed and they won it :(
    Luckily this year Van Dijk isn't about so the midfield don't have the insurance of him there to cover any errors when they try move he ball forward quickly.
    Van Dijk has to be mentioned in the same breath as the rest of them as far as I'm concerned. Heck he made a defence with TAA, Gomez and Lovren etc look strong.

The rest of it is rubbish but the Van Dijk talk was fully justified. Almost every single game I watched of theirs over the last few seasons he was phenomenal and at some stage in the game made ma key challenge/interception to stop a certain goal.
    The only thing I could see stopping them last year after the season they had previous was if something bad happened him and Mane(another brilliant player). Unfortunately both got through the season relatively unscathed and they won it :(
    Luckily this year Van Dijk isn't about so the midfield don't have the insurance of him there to cover any errors when they try move he ball forward quickly.
    Van Dijk has to be mentioned in the same breath as the rest of them as far as I'm concerned. Heck he made a defence with TAA, Gomez and Lovren etc look strong.

I didn't say that VVD was not a special player, a brilliant defender. However, in my opinion Rio, Vidic and others were just as good or better for far longer so how can you say he was the best. Given time if he was to keep it up yeah maybe he'd be in the conversation. A perfect example is Ledley King, he was a gifted defender and for spells the best in the league but plagued by injuries which keeps him out of the conversation when talking about the best ever. As for Mane, he is a fantastic player and I wanted us to sign him, I was raging when they did. I now feel the same way about Grealish, I know some would argue we dont need him and there are other positions etc but I think we should break the bank for him or else it'll be another regret like Mane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Klopp rested a load of players last night for this game at the weekend. He is going to play pretty full strength, United should too. Maybe rest Bruno and move Pogba into that position but I would be playing a strong team.

Could easily have nothing to show for the end of this season and putting all the eggs in the PL basket is madness as the team is doing well but not pulling trees up.

Klopp rested a load of players last night for this game at the weekend. He is going to play pretty full strength, United should too. Maybe rest Bruno and move Pogba into that position but I would be playing a strong team.

Could easily have nothing to show for the end of this season and putting all the eggs in the PL basket is madness as the team is doing well but not pulling trees up.

would really like to see VDB start this - beyond him i don't have massive expectations for the team - bar Henderson starting.

Maybe Tuanzebe given a chance.

Henderson
    AWB--Tuanzebe--Maguire--Telles
    Matic
    McTominay--VDB
    Greenwood
    James
    Martial

Fred has to play. He's been excellent. Need his mobility and work-rate.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I didn't say that VVD was not a special player, a brilliant defender. However, in my opinion Rio, Vidic and others were just as good or better for far longer so how can you say he was the best. Given time if he was to keep it up yeah maybe he'd be in the conversation. A perfect example is Ledley King, he was a gifted defender and for spells the best in the league but plagued by injuries which keeps him out of the conversation when talking about the best ever. As for Mane, he is a fantastic player and I wanted us to sign him, I was raging when they did. I now feel the same way about Grealish, I know some would argue we dont need him and there are other positions etc but I think we should break the bank for him or else it'll be another regret like Mane.

He was close to flawless at soton too though. Not perfect. But he's had more than 2-3 good years.

It's all the more frustrating too he was never really considered, as when at Celtic it was pretty obvious he was far, far too good for that league.

Luckily we could cope with losing Maguire better, but if Maguire + 1 other go down (I don't think they will) then we might have an issue.

Cavani has to be our main striker now too. He's obviously in good shape. Even if he doesn't score a load, he's movement and commitment is just so refreshing. Rashford/Martial on his left, and they should learn something from him. Bruno a free role nearly and Pogba is he is going to play as the most advanced of the 3 midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Heres some Fun Facts Friday

1. Sergio Aguero last scored a PL goal a year ago
    2. Arsenal, the relegation battlers, have one less win this season than The Greatest Team of All Time™️

• Advertisement

Heres some Fun Facts Friday

1. Sergio Aguero last scored a PL goal a year ago
    2. Arsenal, the relegation battlers, have one less win this season than The Greatest Team of All Time™️

All true, however Arsenal have also lost as many games as they have won, 8.

All true, however Arsenal have also lost as many games as they have won, 8.

77f249de42b50fa30c5b36cd3dd36177.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Nearly the end of January, 6 points clear of Liverpool and top of the league.

Ole Gunnar Legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Steady lads, only half way yet.

paulbok wrote:
    Steady lads, only half way yet.

Drink it in lad
    #GreatNews

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Looks like the end of Lingard has come. Hope he can find a move before the window ends. He'd walk into a lot of Premier league sides tbf

https://twitter.com/UnitedReveal/status/1352562571224743942?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Looks like the end of Lingard has come. Hope he can find a move before the window ends. He'd walk into a lot of Premier league sides tbf

Great news. Near the end of the deadwood. Can't wait 10 years for a player to be good enough.

Theres talk of Sheffield United but he's holding out for someone better apparently. Not sure he's what they need nor could they afford him.

Someone like West Ham could be a decent move, tho with his family issues you'd imagine he wants to stay in or around Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Our ladies team has just signed a goddess.
    Maria Thorsdottir has joined from Chelsea. Surname would literally mean "Thors Daughter"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Theres talk of Sheffield United but he's holding out for someone better apparently. Not sure he's what they need nor could they afford him.

Someone like West Ham could be a decent move, tho with his family issues you'd imagine he wants to stay in or around Manchester.

Liverpool look like they need reinforcements

• Advertisement

paulbok wrote:
    Liverpool look like they need reinforcements

Said it last night Ben Mee would be ideal for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ole building a squad without Jones, TFM, Rojo, Lingard, Sanchez and Perriera

and is top of the league lolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

pjohnson wrote: »
    Our ladies team has just signed a goddess.
    Maria Thorsdottir has joined from Chelsea. Surname would literally mean "Thors Daughter"
    Her dad's name is actually Thorir.
    He manages the Norwegian women's handball team - current European champions. Wonder if he tried to convince her to play handball at all!
    Not the Irish handball either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Was only speaking to my mates about Lingard yesterday.

I'll never forget somebody backing him to have no goals or assist in the league at 66/1 only for him to be subbed on and schemichal make a massive error and he scores in the 97th minute last game of the season.

You'd hate him forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Was only speaking to my mates about Lingard yesterday.

I'll never forget somebody backing him to have no goals or assist in the league at 66/1 only for him to be subbed on and schemichal make a massive error and he scores in the 97th minute last game of the season.

You'd hate him forever

Bookie still paid out iirc.

Jessie hit a brief purple patch a couple of years ago but has never been up to standard. He will run all day and obviously loves the club but is simply not what we need. Id wish him well and hope he goes to another club and does well. West Ham or similar is about his level.

I... don't know what this means to be honest.

He won't have been removed from the PL squad list (cause it hasn't been changed yet - and Diallo wouldn't need the space (U21 and 25 spots anyway).

And I doubt he has been demoted to the reserve team.

So... has anything actually happened? is it just ol' Sam spouting basic nonsense to be seen? You can clearly say Lingard is no longer considered a core first team player (cause he doesn't make the starting 11 at all anymore) but Sam says this like it is something official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lingard was important in the early part of last season and put in some big performances against City and Spurs if I remember correctly. He's a very good player I think but his head is just gone. Used to make great runs, be a decent finisher and take risks. Now he just plays the safe option and gets in other player's ways.

I think he'd do well at a footballing team like Southampton or Brighton. I'd still have him in the squad over James however. Probably Mata too as I feel he is more physically able for games than Mata at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

All this talk of Lingard being ideal for West ham. Have you been paying any attention? West ham are playing really well. Lingard wouldn't get a sniff of getting in that side at the minute. We could do worse than look at Bowen. Go ahead laugh but within a year or 2 hell be commanding a very handsome fee I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jacool wrote: »
    Her dad's name is actually Thorir.
    He manages the Norwegian women's handball team - current European champions. Wonder if he tried to convince her to play handball at all!
    Not the Irish handball either!

Crap. Her actual name is Thorirsdottir sky had a typo up when they first announced it leaving out the "irs" in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

All this talk of Lingard being ideal for West ham. Have you been paying any attention? West ham are playing really well. Lingard wouldn't get a sniff of getting in that side at the minute. We could do worse than look at Bowen. Go ahead laugh but within a year or 2 hell be commanding a very handsome fee I think.

Well anyone watching West Ham would see that they are built on similar foundations as Lingard's play. He could take Noble's place in the big games when they play the 3 across midfield and compete with Benrahma, Lanzini and Fornals for the central and inside left positions as Bowen seems to have the right sewn up. There are probably too many there at the moment to consider him but most teams in the league could do with a player with Lingard's versatility imo.

I'd be happy to see him kept around so that he could play Europa League and keep Bruno out of those games but think he should move for the good of his career.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement