Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes OP [06/11/20]

1190191192193194196»

Comments

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Whenever I aim criticisms at Ole or Pogba or any one involved at United, it's not just that I'm happy to be proven wrong. I actively want them to prove me wrong.

Ole winning the league would be absolutely amazing after the criticisms he got, if only because it shows he's addressed them and improved his own game too. I'd personally build the statue out front of OT if he managed to put us back up on that perch.

Yeah, but "We'll never win another title under Woodward/The Glazers" will be a humongous pill to swallow :o

Of course, in such an unlikely case of us winning it - I never doubted them for one moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Lol one of my Liverpool mates already saying "well done ye beat a team with no CBs", ever so gracious in defeat.

Always have the excuses ready to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

brinty wrote: »
    Shaw was hopeless, cost both goals letting salah get away from him

Ah, Salah is quality and his movement is very good. IMO lindelofs body position was very poor for the first goal and the second was a turnover and more a problem with maguire (twice) and Cavani s loose ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Is there debate over the Fabihno foul?

It was a clear foul

Thought he was lucky to even be on the pitch after his earlier foul on Greenwood

Cavani is exceptional. I think he could be here for another 2/3 years.

What a job Ole is doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anyone who thinks Cavani dived shouldn't be watching football or talking about it anyway.

Even Ian Wright made no sense in his explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭numbnutz

RasTa wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks Cavani dived shouldn't be watching football or talking about it anyway.

Even Ian Wright made no sense in his explanation.

Ian Wright and sense in the same sentence? did you bump your head? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Rob Thomas wrote: »
    Ah, Salah is quality and his movement is very good. IMO lindelofs body position was very poor for the first goal and the second was a turnover and more a problem with maguire (twice) and Cavani s loose ball.

First goal I blame McT for putting zero pressure on the ball. Give Firmino that amount of time facing your goal and he'll open you up all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

Vdb isnt getting a good run of games but I’d imagine with a heavy schedule we’ll see him start more often. It gives greater depth to the squad when we have replacements for rashford and Bruno. Hopefully rashford only has a knock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great win, took the chances well and got the job done,
    Got lucky a few times in the game gave away the ball too much in areas where Liverpool are always going to hurt you and they did twice, sloppy mistakes cost us for their goals.

But its a cup game and its all about winning and it keeps the momentum going for the league.

Great performances from Shaw, Rashford, Pogba and Greenwood who badly needed that goal today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, but "We'll never win another title under Woodward/The Glazers" will be a humongous pill to swallow :o

Of course, in such an unlikely case of us winning it - I never doubted them for one moment.

"We won it in spite of them, and we'd have won it easier without them."

Nah, it's an easy pill actually :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Couple of silly errors in the game but I thought it was a very good approach and performance overall.

Felt annoyed at times because I felt United could step up more which is really good as on many days I wished United could step up but did not believe it.

Proper cup game as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Amazing how far we've come. I'm actually (a little) disappointed we didn't give them a proper hammering.

Shocking defending gave them a chance, we need to sort that out.

Nice to be able to rest Bruno for a game like that.

When is the the draw for the 6th round?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

That felt good. Fred and Bruno made a big difference cause we were struggling at that point.

Some strike from Bruno. He’s a difference maker.

Pogba was very good again I thought. Cavani was my man of the match. Worked so hard and although he made a mistake for their second, he was in general very very good. Deserved a goal.

Exciting thing about all this is that there is still huge scope for improvement but we are getting better, bit by bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The glazers are starting to seem reasonable compared to the liverpool owners. Imagine united having an injury crisis like liverpool have and the owners refusing to spend to solve it, there would be riots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bruno never shows up for big games..........

First goal I blame McT for putting zero pressure on the ball. Give Firmino that amount of time facing your goal and he'll open you up all day long.

Yeah, McT struggled a lot today and showed a real lack of awareness and nous. It reflects his overall lack of experience and how he used to playing in a deep lying cm two in such games. I think he will learn a lot from today and it will benefit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

MattS1 wrote: »
    When is the the draw for the 6th round?

Already done we are at home to West Ham

• Advertisement

Already done. We have West Ham at home.

No the one after that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Daz_ wrote: »
    Already done we are at home to West Ham

That's the 5th round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Lord TSC wrote: »
    "We won it in spite of them, and we'd have won it easier without them."

Nah, it's an easy pill actually :pac:

And it'd be true too. Owners focused on the success of the club rather than the size of the dividend would have reinforced in January. If the club does win the title, the owners cant get any credit.

That said, I still think United are over-performing given the gaps in the squad. City is much better equipped to take the title over the next 19 games. I think the team is on track for a comfortable top 4 finish rather than a title. That is still a significant improvement over recent seasons.

If the team is still top of the table with 5 or 6 games left to play then maybe a title is on.

The glazers are starting to seem reasonable compared to the liverpool owners. Imagine united having an injury crisis like liverpool have and the owners refusing to spend to solve it, there would be riots

That is what would happen with them too during a Covid crises that is damaging finances. United had to give their biggest sponsor an extension on their payment terms already.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

MattS1 wrote: »
    No the one after that :D

Yep my bad !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

When Leicester won the league they just kept winning each game as it came and there was a feel good factor around the club, exactly what we have at the minute and imo we currently have the best midfield in the league with Bruno Pogba and fred/matic/Mctominay/vdb. along with the experience of cavani we have a great chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1353424996161490946?s=20

Elite mentality, and it paid off.

I love him, what a signing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement