Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes OP [06/11/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

scudzilla wrote: »
    It's called looking at the bigger picture, if it takes us to lose a game, or get tanked (Spurs) for us to get rid of Ole then for the future of the club i'd be all for it

If/when Ole is sacked, the appointment of his successor will be made by the same people who appointed Ole, and appointed Jose, LVG and Moyes before him. That is the bigger picture.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was that really our first home win of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

scudzilla wrote: »
    It's called looking at the bigger picture, if it takes us to lose a game, or get tanked (Spurs) for us to get rid of Ole then for the future of the club i'd be all for it

Justify it in your head however you want,it's still embarrassing hoping your team loses because you dont like a manager!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was that really our first home win of the season?

In the league, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Dozyart wrote: »
    Justify it in your head however you want,it's still embarrassing hoping your team loses because you dont like a manager!

He didn't say that.

He said that if losing last night meant Ole got the door then he would take the hit.

I would have too as we are very clearly on a hiding to nothing with Ole in charge, he is a shyt manager and no other team with any ambition would have him in the job. We were dung and struggled for much of the game against relegation fodder. Martial was dirt and played the full game. Matic was worse than dirt and played the whole game.

He is ridiculously out of his depth and is going to be fired at some point because of it, at least if he went now there is still a chance to salvage things and have a decent season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I think we are all forgetting just how impressive getting any result against West Brom is

c50sc5T.jpg

Seriously though we learned absolutely nothing we didn't already know about the squad and management last night. Rashford was poor, Martial worse and Matic worst of all. Donny really has to be considering his decision to sign for us, an absolute joke that he can't get into the side when we are playing relegation fodder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

NITRO95 wrote: »
    I think we are all forgetting just how impressive getting any result against West Brom is

c50sc5T.jpg

Seriously though we learned absolutely nothing we didn't already know about the squad and management last night. Rashford was poor, Martial worse and Matic worst of all. Donny really has to be considering his decision to sign for us, an absolute joke that he can't get into the side when we are playing relegation fodder

He hasn't impressed when he has played. I'm not sure how good he is. Its a huge step from the Eredivisie. Limited chances so far maybe he's not impressing in training

wadacrack wrote: »
    He hasn't impressed when he has played. I'm not sure how good he is. Its a huge step from the Eredivisie. Limited chances so far maybe he's not impressing in training

I thought DVB has done in the main well when he has played. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭kerplun k

It’s up to DVDB to make an impression. He’s playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world and alongside some of the best players.

Utd are 8 points off top with a game in hand and currently sitting top of the CL group. I don’t feel one bit sorry for him. He or his agent can get pissy all they want, but the only thing DVDB should be looking at is himself and what he can do to improve us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

kerplun k wrote: »
    It’s up to DVDB to make an impression. He’s playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world and alongside some of the best players.

Utd are 8 points off top with a game in hand and currently sitting top of the CL group. I don’t feel one bit sorry for him. He or his agent can get pissy all they want, but the only thing DVDB should be looking at is himself and what he can do to improve us.

Not really getting the negativity round VDB.

Has done well in any game he's played and never really got the chance whatsoever. He's had 86 mins of PL football in 8 games.

Pogba on the flip side has 371 minutes. I know who I'd rather have starting/playing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I expect him to start on Wednesday, along with Pogba and Greenwood + Cavani.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The football we play at times would put you to sleep watching it,

Martial should have been taken off yesterday, the difference when Cavani came on was huge, we had a striker that wanted to make the runs and not just drop off the whole time get the ball and pass it back to the player he has received it from,

That really pisses me off with Martial and Rashford when he plays upfront the teams that sit in and keep things compact must be only delighted, both of them love to drop into Bruno's space get the ball the pass it backwards or sideways, looks good but we have no one up front, no one trying to get in behind the defence or to the keep the defenders on their toes, especially with the pace Rashford and Martial have

Just seems too easy to play against

I hope Cavani starts mid week just to see what difference he makes to our play

Not really getting the negativity round VDB.

Has done well in any game he's played and never really got the chance whatsoever. He's had 86 mins of PL football in 8 games.

Pogba on the flip side has 371 minutes. I know who I'd rather have starting/playing.

I think it’s because he’s just arrived, and we are already seeing cr*p like this.

https://punditarena.com/football/darraghmurphy/donny-van-de-beek-agent-man-united/

He hasn’t done anything spectacular and seems to be throwing the toys out of the pram a little bit. Most of us just want him to buckle down, keep quiet and show us what he can do.

The football we play at times would put you to sleep watching it,

Just on this. Performances like yesterday and other games this season have been every bit as bad as anything we saw JM getting lambasted for yet very few people that were so vocal against JM hold Ole to the same standards.

I think it’s because he’s just arrived, and we are already seeing cr*p like this.

https://punditarena.com/football/darraghmurphy/donny-van-de-beek-agent-man-united/

He hasn’t done anything spectacular and seems to be throwing the toys out of the pram a little bit. Most of us just want him to buckle down, keep quiet and show us what he can do.

Is that the same lad who it turned out wasn’t actually his agent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It's not a good look on VDB I'll admit but is the agent wrong? The article was 2 months ago too, in fairness in that time what's changed?

The max he's had in a PL game is 23 mins (against Palace where he scored), is it fair to judge him when he hasn't started a game in the league?

He impressed me when he came on v Newcastle, when arguably the subs changed the game. Impressed me in the 5-0 win over Leipzig.

Ole at the best of times showed he's not great at managing players and minutes, why would it be any different with VDB?

He cost £40mil and arguably he was not a priority over other positions but what's the deal with not playing him. Cavani has nearly had more PL minutes.(82)

Ah yes the agent that isn't actually his agent. DVDB really should knuckle down like those around him and do the work and maybe just maybe he'll see the same level of game time as Paul Pogba.

Hilarious to see people moaning over fake agents when Pogba is directly quoted about wanting out and people will still defend him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just on this. Performances like yesterday and other games this season have been every bit as bad as anything we saw JM getting lambasted for yet very few people that were so vocal against JM hold Ole to the same standards.

This is the thing for me. I don’t blame fans for wanting Ole sacked. For A club that supposedly has United's fans ambitions he’s failing miserably but unfortunately fans ambitions and owners ambitions are way off.

So why are the team playing as poorly now as they did under a far superior manager? What is it at the club where our squads eventually go through extremely erratic runs of form? I’m sick of this managerial Merry go round but I can’t really defend the continual cluster f**k performances. How long can this go on before I would thinking the manager should be sacked? I’m not sure, there is a part of me that thinks the manager should get the season to show what they are capable of. But I also think a manager should be allowed to use the squad he has as he sees fit but I believe interference from above prevents United managers from taking necessary decisions that undermines their authority.

I’m not convinced Uniteds issues they are mostly managerial quality , there’s a cultural issue at the club under every manager regardless of quality. but it’s difficult to see where things are going to correct themselves under Ole. Maybe if they go on one of those crazy runs that they did twice (19 games), they could actually win what is looking like a very open title race. Maybe if Ole somehow manages to figure out how to beat poorer or defencively setup teams we will be a proper challenger. Maybe in the CL we have a much better Chance of wining that as the better the opposition the better we seem to play. Maybe dealing with the Pogba issue will empower Ole more with the squad and take back control to the managers of the club.

I know people think of Mark Robins goal in the FA cup but also I think back to how Cantona effectively made SAF legacy. United were on course to finish mid table when Cantona joined nearly mid season , SAF may never of lasted to of had the career he had. Can Ole have a sheff weds moment (in 1992-93) where we look dead and buried in a vital game but the win galvanises us to success? I feel Ole is going to need one of these special moments or events or transfers (Bruno?) to make it work. I think it’s unfair to say Bruno has effectively saved Ole as the same could be said of Cantona with SAF. Sometimes you need some luck along the way.

I would understand if Ole was sacked, I don’t blame fans for wanting Ole sacked. I don’t get bothered with rival fans childishly wanting Ole to get an extended contract as this only shows how much of their headspace United take up (like with the penos stuff). I personally think the Istanbul game was the worst in years because we had the chance to ensure qualification from the group of death but for this terrible result. I just can’t excuse that one. But there is a part of me that still wants to see what Ole can do this season as regardless of what we think of United they are unpredictable. That’s terrible for league but actually not the worst in CL or cup games if your team is better against better teams.

I suppose I’m trying to take the glass half full approach to this. I’ve said on more then one occasion that I feel our bigger issues are above the manger but at some point you need to start seeing what positives Ole is bringing and how he’s learning to rectify the issues the squad are having. I can’t say I see an awful lot of improvement this season.

Is that the same lad who it turned out wasn’t actually his agent?

Oh. I’m not sure TBH. I assumed this was his agent. I stand corrected if I’m wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Upcoming schedule is relentless so players like Donny in terms if how Ole will use him and Cavani in terms of his fitness will be well tested.

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    This is the thing for me. I don’t blame fans for wanting Ole sacked. For A club that supposedly has United's fans ambitions he’s failing miserably but unfortunately fans ambitions and owners ambitions are way off.

So why are the team playing as poorly now as they did under a far superior manager? What is it at the club where our squads eventually go through extremely erratic runs of form? I’m sick of this managerial Merry go round but I can’t really defend the continual cluster f**k performances. How long can this go on before I would thinking the manager should be sacked? I’m not sure, there is a part of me that thinks the manager should get the season to show what they are capable of. But I also think a manager should be allowed to use the squad he has as he sees fit but I believe interference from above prevents United managers from taking necessary decisions that undermines their authority.

I’m not convinced Uniteds issues they are mostly managerial quality , there’s a cultural issue at the club under every manager regardless of quality. but it’s difficult to see where things are going to correct themselves under Ole. Maybe if they go on one of those crazy runs that they did twice (19 games), they could actually win what is looking like a very open title race. Maybe if Ole somehow manages to figure out how to beat poorer or defencively setup teams we will be a proper challenger. Maybe in the CL we have a much better Chance of wining that as the better the opposition the better we seem to play. Maybe dealing with the Pogba issue will empower Ole more with the squad and take back control to the managers of the club.

I know people think of Mark Robins goal in the FA cup but also I think back to how Cantona effectively made SAF legacy. United were on course to finish mid table when Cantona joined nearly mid season , SAF may never of lasted to of had the career he had. Can Ole have a sheff weds moment (in 1992-93) where we look dead and buried in a vital game but the win galvanises us to success? I feel Ole is going to need one of these special moments or events or transfers (Bruno?) to make it work. I think it’s unfair to say Bruno has effectively saved Ole as the same could be said of Cantona with SAF. Sometimes you need some luck along the way.

I would understand if Ole was sacked, I don’t blame fans for wanting Ole sacked. I don’t get bothered with rival fans childishly wanting Ole to get an extended contract as this only shows how much of their headspace United take up (like with the penos stuff). I personally think the Istanbul game was the worst in years because we had the chance to ensure qualification from the group of death but for this terrible result. I just can’t excuse that one. But there is a part of me that still wants to see what Ole can do this season as regardless of what we think of United they are unpredictable. That’s terrible for league but actually not the worst in CL or cup games if your team is better against better teams.

I suppose I’m trying to take the glass half full approach to this. I’ve said on more then one occasion that I feel our bigger issues are above the manger but at some point you need to start seeing what positives Ole is bringing and how he’s learning to rectify the issues the squad are having. I can’t say I see an awful lot of improvement this season.

To keep it brief as the issues off field have been discussed ad nauseum. Jose was a proven winner at every club he was at. Ole has had two trophies in a Z grade league. Jose was successful in his time at the club, winning two trophies, getting second and comfortably our highest points total since the GOAT left. The football was awful at times but the overall return was enough for me personally to overlook the sometimes godawful football.

With Ole we are getting godawful football wirh no pay offs.

To keep it brief as the issues off field have been discussed ad nauseum. Jose was a proven winner at every club he was at. Ole has had two trophies in a Z grade league. Jose was successful in his time at the club, winning two trophies, getting second and comfortably our highest points total since the GOAT left. The football was awful at times but the overall return was enough for me personally to overlook the sometimes godawful football.

With Ole we are getting godawful football wirh no pay offs.

I was a big supporter of Jose’s at the end, I felt he actually had the Potential to sort out the internal failed structures at the club. But we are seeing pretty much the same sort of erratic performances from the team. Managerial quality doesn’t appear to matter at United.

It’s not a reason to keep Ole per say, but it’s more of an objective acceptance that we can’t delude ourselves that a new manager will make this team work just because we think this team is better then it’s showing. I see the same overly confident predictions from those wanting Ole out , as the ones predicted when Jose would be sacked. You can argue that the logic of wanting Jose sacked was less solid (as he was a proven manager) but we find ourselves in the exact same spot as we did 2 years ago. Why do you think getting a different manager will make any difference? Seriously, what’s gonna change?

Jose had lost the dressing room at the end he also had a much worse team the ole,

The worrying thing is the players are mainly trying hard for him God only knows how bad it'd be if the gave up

I was a big supporter of Jose’s at the end, I felt he actually had the Potential to sort out the internal failed structures at the club. But we are seeing pretty much the same sort of erratic performances from the team. Managerial quality doesn’t appear to matter at United.

It’s not a reason to keep Ole per say, but it’s more of an objective acceptance that we can’t delude ourselves that a new manager will make this team work just because we think this team is better then it’s showing. I see the same overly confident predictions from those wanting Ole out , as the ones predicted when Jose would be sacked. You can argue that the logic of wanting Jose sacked was less solid (as he was a proven manager) but we find ourselves in the exact same spot as we did 2 years ago. Why do you think getting a different manager will make any difference? Seriously, what’s gonna change?

Alot could change. Look at how Southampton and Leicester are playing. Leicester have had two key players injured Soyuncu and Ndidi .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

RasTa wrote: »
    I expect him to start on Wednesday, along with Pogba and Greenwood + Cavani.

Would be interesting to see. There always talk about how we would look a lot better without Pogba in the team but last night the midfield looked as bad as I've ever seen it.

Start VDB alongside Fred or McT and Pogba and see if there is any improvement. Matic looked spent last night.

Alot could change. Look at how Southampton and Leicester are playing. Leicester have had two key players injured Soyuncu and Ndidi .

How can you compare United to any other club in the league?

This is the thing. Top players don’t sign for United and continue their form or get better. Players don’t really improve a lot at United. Different managers fail to meet even basic targets of a top 4 most seasons at United. And this is in spite of Uniteds spending being savage in comparison to all but maybe one club.

I’m not saying we should keep Ole, I’m saying I see pinning your hopes of success on a new manager as about as unrealistic as pinning them on Ole working out. I’m really in the middle as I think either is as likely to bring success given the disaster of the club in the background. The last 7 years of how things have gone would suggest that a replacement manager of any quality is as likely to fail as Ole is this season. Regardless of what people think of Ole he did no less then LVG or Jose in getting CL football in his first season in charge.

Maybe we can get a manager who can come in and make everything tick and things will be better. What in the last 7 years would have any United fan think this is possible at our club? Feels like it’s just moving managerial deck chairs for the sake of it. I’m not excited about Ole remaining on or a new manager coming in. I’m in a state of limbo when it comes to United. That’s why I don’t see the craving for a manager as something I can get excited about.

How can you compare United to any other club in the league?

This is the thing. Top players don’t sign for United and continue their form or get better. Players don’t really improve a lot at United. Different managers fail to meet even basic targets of a top 4 most seasons at United. And this is in spite of Uniteds spending being savage in comparison to all but maybe one club.

I’m not saying we should keep Ole, I’m saying I see pinning your hopes of success on a new manager as about as unrealistic as pinning them on Ole working out. I’m really in the middle as I think either is as likely to bring success given the disaster of the club in the background. The last 7 years of how things have gone would suggest that a replacement manager of any quality is as likely to fail as Ole is this season. Regardless of what people think of Ole he did no less then LVG or Jose in getting CL football in his first season in charge.

Maybe we can get a manager who can come in and make everything tick and things will be better. What in the last 7 years would have any United fan think this is possible at our club? Feels like it’s just moving managerial deck chairs for the sake of it. I’m not excited about Ole remaining on or a new manager coming in. I’m in a state of limbo when it comes to United. That’s why I don’t see the craving for a manager as something I can get excited about.

Its fair to compare United to teams we are competing against. Both clubs illustrate how important a manager is in the modern game. Players can improve at any club with top managers at the help. Liverpool and City prime examples

Jose had lost the dressing room at the end he also had a much worse team the ole,

The worrying thing is the players are mainly trying hard for him God only knows how bad it'd be if the gave up

This is the thing mick. Fans have often said “this United team is stronger then results”. Not just under Ole but Jose and LVG. Fans forget this , particularly as the quality of players and squads become apparent after a manager has moved on.

How good is this squad? We know on paper it looks good, but other squads have equally looked good and under performed. We are always looking for the next manager to be the one who will make whatever squad we have at any given time , play better.

I agree it’s kind to unusual with Ole in that some games players are terrible and you think “he’s lost the dressingroom” and then they raise it and look like different players. I mean Matic looked a busted flush at one stage and then he’s integral and there’s other players who have gone through similar bumpy roads that mirrors team performances.

Its fair to compare United to teams we are competing against. Both clubs illustrate how important a manager is in the modern game. Players can improve at any club with top managers at the help. Liverpool and City prime examples

Liverpool and city are great examples of what well run clubs can achieve. Brendan rogers nearly won a league with Liverpool. Mancini and pelligrini won leagues with city. I think a well run club with a decent manager has a better chance than a poorly run club manager with a world class manager. Our club is the only stain on Jose’s CV so far. Barely any player has left United with their reputations enhanced over the last 7 years, regardless of the quality of manager we had at any one time. Look at Pogba , our club has managed to bring him down to our level now.

I don’t think United is comparable with any club because we set all the wrong records that other, better run clubs do not suffer.

• Advertisement

Oh. I’m not sure TBH. I assumed this was his agent. I stand corrected if I’m wrong.

In fairness, I think it was widely reported as being his agent. I can't remember the exact details, but despite a lot of the press running the story, the "agent" in question was more of a friend of a friend situation.

Liverpool and city are great examples of what well run clubs can achieve. Brendan rogers nearly won a league with Liverpool. Mancini and pelligrini won leagues with city. I think a well run club with a decent manager has a better chance than a poorly run club manager with a world class manager. Our club is the only stain on Jose’s CV so far. Barely any player has left United with their reputations enhanced over the last 7 years, regardless of the quality of manager we had at any one time. Look at Pogba , our club has managed to bring him down to our level now.

I don’t think United is comparable with any club because we set all the wrong records that other, better run clubs do not suffer.

Liverpool were in the similar position as United until they appointed Rodgers. History of a club should not really come into it. United have continually appointed managers who are tactically inept at the highest level. The game has moved on in the last number of years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Would be interesting to see. There always talk about how we would look a lot better without Pogba in the team but last night the midfield looked as bad as I've ever seen it.

Start VDB alongside Fred or McT and Pogba and see if there is any improvement. Matic looked spent last night.

Looking good does not matter though.

United have won a whopping 4 games from 8. 3 of those Pogba did not start.

They lost 3 games. Pogba started all.

Despite what I say above I am not blaming Pogba. I just mention it as United have spent far too much time trying to get certain players into the side and finding a petfect set up rather than a focus on getting three points and going on to the next game.

Since Bruno arrived he has taken over from the things Pogba was tasked with. Ole has tried but not found a way to use both well at the same time.

Needs to keep going with a set up that minimises mistakes and weaknesses and try to build some results in a row.

Liverpool were in the similar position as United until they appointed Rodgers. History of a club should not really come into it. United have continually appointed managers who are tactically inept at the highest level. The game has moved on in the last number of years.

Liverpool had changed owners who changed how the club was run and then they started to do better..

A new manager offers hope because it’s a change, a new manager is also more likely to happen then Woodward or the glazers to change much, I get that. But the reality is that We are hoping the same failed people making all the wrong decisions at the club for the last 7 years, will somehow stumble onto a winning formula. I see that as unlikely to happen as Ole win the league this season.

This is the thing mick. Fans have often said “this United team is stronger then results”. Not just under Ole but Jose and LVG. Fans forget this , particularly as the quality of players and squads become apparent after a manager has moved on.

How good is this squad? We know on paper it looks good, but other squads have equally looked good and under performed. We are always looking for the next manager to be the one who will make whatever squad we have at any given time , play better.

I agree it’s kind to unusual with Ole in that some games players are terrible and you think “he’s lost the dressingroom” and then they raise it and look like different players. I mean Matic looked a busted flush at one stage and then he’s integral and there’s other players who have gone through similar bumpy roads that mirrors team performances.

Jose showed it, with a worse team and then he didn't get what he wanted what he should have got tbf but then he gave up and that's when all.the falling out started pogba was a big part of that problem too,

The pogba problem is slowly making its way out of the lime light and most likely out of the club.

I don't think we will ever be a powerhouse under the glazers but with a different manager who gets the best of of his players seasons like this are ones we could and should be competing in our being more competitive.

There are plenty of managers getting more out of lesser players in this league.

Woodward and the glazers aren't to blame for a manager being **** except that they hired him a giant mistake yes.

So people are entitled to want a better manager, just like we want a right winger for years it's an easy obtainble objective.

Weather the right one gets brought in is another story but honestly yiu need some hope if you are going to keep following the club.

Hope of some progress in the right direction, hope that all the money we have spent isnt totally wasted.

Like if United were broke and we were doing what is happening now it'd be a fair enough, but we are spending enough to compete and the manager is a big part of the reason we aren't, we aren't even playing well you could excuse a lot if it was down to bad luck but ole has had huge chunks of luck while the manager.

I've kinda rambled here but essentially a new manager could do a lot with this team imo and Jose showed us as much in his 2nd season

Liverpool had changed owners who changed how the club was run and then they started to do better..

A new manager offers hope because it’s a change, a new manager is also more likely to happen then Woodward or the glazers to change much, I get that. But the reality is that We are hoping the same failed people making all the wrong decisions at the club for the last 7 years, will somehow stumble onto a winning formula. I see that as unlikely to happen as Ole win the league this season.

Agree with that but I think Pochettino is a no brainer and I think will eventually happen. He has remained in England since his departure. No doubt it could do far more with this team than OLG

• Advertisement

Jose showed it, with a worse team and then he didn't get what he wanted what he should have got tbf but then he gave up and that's when all.the falling out started pogba was a big part of that problem too,

The pogba problem is slowly making its way out of the lime light and most likely out of the club.

I don't think we will ever be a powerhouse under the glazers but with a different manager who gets the best of of his players seasons like this are ones we could and should be competing in our being more competitive.

There are plenty of managers getting more out of lesser players in this league.

Woodward and the glazers aren't to blame for a manager being **** except that they hired him a giant mistake yes.

So people are entitled to want a better manager, just like we want a right winger for years it's an easy obtainble objective.

Weather the right one gets brought in is another story but honestly yiu need some hope if you are going to keep following the club.

Hope of some progress in the right direction, hope that all the money we have spent isnt totally wasted.

Like if United were broke and we were doing what is happening now it'd be a fair enough, but we are spending enough to compete and the manager is a big part of the reason we aren't, we aren't even playing well you could excuse a lot if it was down to bad luck but ole has had huge chunks of luck while the manager.

I've kinda rambled here but essentially a new manager could do a lot with this team imo and Jose showed us as much in his 2nd season

I think the highlighted part is the big I would agree with the most. A new manager offers the potential for change and hope for better. Whether it’s a team struggling in relegation or a team looking to take its team to the next level, the promise a new manager can bring is exciting.

I won’t lie, the thought of a more interesting experienced manager does excite me on some level. But I suppose I don’t share the same enthusiasm that if will amount to much different to what we have gotten the last 7 years. There’s as many or more counter arguements to why things that work at other clubs will not work at United.

Maybe the issue Mick is that I don’t hold out much hope regardless of manager. I think the issues that most aknowledge but feel are pointless discussing are bigger then any manager we have at any time. I’m not coming here to lecture people (as I know you all know there are problems behind the scenes), just to express my own disappointments. I find it more cathartic attacking the owners/Woodward then I do the manger. I know many dont bother engaging me on this topic so thanks for at least responding.

Agree with that but I think Pochettino is a no brainer and I think will eventually happen. He has remained in England since his departure. No doubt it could do far more with this team than OLG

I won’t shed any tears if Ole is sacked and Poch brought in. I guess I’ve given up hope that anything done while Woodward is in charge is going to make much difference. Jose winning the league with spurs would hopefully bring some more spotlight on Woodward.

Jose’s biggest asset for me while United manager was his authority in the dressingroom and to influence bumbling Woodward into doing right by the first team. As soon as he fell out with Pogba it all changed, the issue wasn’t so much Pogba as it was the club supporting the player over the manager. We needed Jose more then he needed us, I always said that , but our club undermined him. That is why the actions of those above United managers does have an affect on our first team. You need only look at Liverpool supporting klopp with 2 world class signings to kick on and United signing Dalot and Fred to help United push on from second.

I’m sick even thinking about it. I’d nearly accidentally kick a dog in disgust when just thinking of how bad woodward is at managing the club. When it comes to the glazers and woodward

tenor.gif?itemid=4166610

I think the highlighted part is the big I would agree with the most. A new manager offers the potential for change and hope for better. Whether it’s a team struggling in relegation or a team looking to take its team to the next level, the promise a new manager can bring is exciting.

I won’t lie, the thought of a more interesting experienced manager does excite me on some level. But I suppose I don’t share the same enthusiasm that if will amount to much different to what we have gotten the last 7 years. There’s as many or more counter arguements to why things that work at other clubs will not work at United.

Maybe the issue Mick is that I don’t hold out much hope regardless of manager. I think the issues that most aknowledge but feel are pointless discussing are bigger then any manager we have at any time. I’m not coming here to lecture people (as I know you all know there are problems behind the scenes), just to express my own disappointments. I find it more cathartic attacking the owners/Woodward then I do the manger. I know many dont bother engaging me on this topic so thanks for at least responding.

I mean the manager choices outside of Jose have been terrible, Moyes was awful, LVG was passed it, his methods had been copied and improved on and he was probay past it if we look back now, Jose had a good 2nd season and brought the team someway forward and ole was just a joke of decision.

The thing is now replacing ole is easy as nearly any manager you get would be better but one with a good record and his own Coaching staff would be excellent, we have a mish mash of coaches behind the scenes from all ex managers (I believe) this area also needs to be cleaned up.

Like the glazers are going nowhere its not happening there is no amount of realistic fan pressure that can make that happen it's just a no go, so we are stuck with them thats just fact and needs to be accepted as part of supporting united now,

Woodward I'm hoping there is some tipping point that gets him. Moved on or at least out of running the club but I'm not sure. What it is.

I do think if Jose won. The league with spurs a lot of media would focus on Woodward and that may be enough to get at least a football person running the football side of things,

But again Woodward leaving anytime soon looks unlikely he isn't something we have to. Accept but it's hard to know.what the tipping point of him leaving is.

Maybe that's the conversation you might want to have what needs to happen for. Woodward to. Be removed or leave

I don't think we need to sign a new RWer.

Mata is good enough. He very obviously has issues. But so long as nothing else changes, whats the point? Besides, a new winger might flop even worse. So there's literally no point even trying to upgrade on him. Let's just leave Mata as our RWer going forward.

(If this logic is absurd on a player level, it's absurd on a managerial level too...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

I don't think we need to sign a new RWer.

Mata is good enough. He very obviously has issues. But so long as nothing else changes, whats the point? Besides, a new winger might flop even worse. So there's literally no point even trying to upgrade on him. Let's just leave Mata as our RWer going forward.

(If this logic is absurd on a player level, it's absurd on a managerial level too...)

Ha, while I was reading that my blood pressure was rising and all sorts of angry responses were running through my mind... then came the moment of realisation that it’s not actually your opinion.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Has anyone told Sam Bruno isn't a striker? That knowledge is probably why he didn't make it at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Honestly it's just nice to see a post by a human being and not a PR machine. I've played in goals at an obviously way lover level than the guy and sometimes you stew over decisions like that. The guy had a great game and lost because of a retaken peno. Right or wrong I'd want my keeper to be a little sour.

1 goal scored from open play at home in the league this season. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

why would they want to make penalties harder to score, it's supposed to be a punishment against the defending team.
    It's good they're finally penalising GKs from coming off the line.

1 goal scored from open play at home in the league this season. Pathetic.

But the lads are happy and playing with smiles on their faces

NITRO95 wrote: »
    But the lads are happy and playing with smiles on their faces

We now have the same number of points after the same number of games as in JM's final season. The 8th game was the 3-2 against Newcastle where we trailed 2 nil until the 70th minute. Most people, myself included were calling for JM to be removed at that point. After that game we went on to get 13 out of a possible 27 points and JM was removed after losing to LFC in December.

Our next 9 league games are as follows.

Saints
    West Ham
    Man City
    Sheffield Utd
    Leeds
    Leicester
    Wolves
    Villa
    Fulham

I sure as hell wouldnt bet on us getting 13 points out of those games based on current performances. And as luck would have it we have LFC next after Fulham. We could be relying on Klopp and Co to get rid of another manager for us.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I fancy Southampton against us, they've been very impressive of late.

Very tough game ahead for utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It’s sad when I look at those fixtures and honestly only Fulham and Sheffield Utd I’m fully confident on wins against

Points I expect.

Saints - 0
    West Ham - 1
    Man City - 1
    Sheffield Utd - 3
    Leeds - 1
    Leicester - 1
    Wolves - 1
    Villa - 3
    Fulham - 3

In reality though there is not one of those teams that would fear us except maybe Fulham.

As I said, I wouldnt bet on us getting 13+ points from those fixtures. Pathetic all things considered.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement