Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best PS4 memories and games

Options
  • 02-11-2020 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭

With PS5 releasing soon, alot of people will be saying goodbye to the PS4. CastorTroy started the conversation in the PS4 megathread asking people's first and last PS4 game and I thought this needed it's own thread. So list your first and last played games, your best and worst memories (spoiler tagged), your first Platinum and top 3 longest played games (can find this by setting up exophase account).

Here are some of mine :
    First game- Killzone Shadow Fall
    Last game - Latest DLC for Borderlands 3

First Platinum- Infamous Second Son

Top 3 longest played games
    The Witcher 3 - 293 hours
    The Division 2 - 216 hours
    GTA V - 213 hours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

First game: Battlefield 4
    Last game: Star Wars Squadrons

First platinum: I'm generally not bothered by platinums and i think I've only managed to get a few but I think my first one was Thumper, which also happens to be my favourite game of the generation.

3 most played games:
    1. Tetris Effect - 363 hours
    2. Metal Gear Solid V - 340 hours
    3. GTA V - 286 hours

Best memory - Playing Astro Bot on the PSVR for the first time

Worst memory - disc drive breaking on my ps4 2 weeks after the warranty expired

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Still currently playing, not getting a PS5 any time soon.

First game - minecraft story mode.
    Last game - No Mans Sky

First Platinum- Lego Pirates of the Caribbean.

GTA V - 161 hours
    The binding of Isaac - 150
    borderlands pre-sequel - 146

I'm not sure i'd count GTA v though, it seems to take the total time played across the ps3 and ps4, if you played on both. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

First game - Infamous Second Son
    Last game - Still playing FF7 Remake to get the platinum

First Platinum - Rocket League (vanilla game)

Star Wars Battlefront - 201 hours
    Fortnite - 142 hours
    Rocket League - 137 hours

But to be fair, on my account the kids have manged to rack up:
    356 hours on minecraft and
    318 hours on Lego super heroes :D

We know who gets the real time on the console :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not many good memories. Found the PS4 a really poor console with very few exclusives worth playing that aren't available on PC. I remember pre-ordering it and the day giving the pre-order to someone else and getting a WiiU instead because the launch line up was poor. Did eventually get one for Bloodborne.

The 2 games I actually enjoyed:

1. Bloodborne
    2. Deception IV: Nightmare Princess

Still have a few games I need to play on the system. Tearaway, Gravity Rush 2, Fist of the North Star, 13 Sentinels, Uncharted Lost Legacy and there's Yakuza games and judgement but I'm holding out for a PC release of. And I'd love to give astrobot a go but that depends on finding a cheap PS VR.

Plenty of disappointments as well. Last of Us 2 just wasn't great, same with Uncharted 4. Last Guardian I'd love to play with a decent frame rate as it gives me a headache as is.

It's one of the worst consoles I've owned, having a PC makes it near obsolete. I do own a XBox One but kind of knew it would be bad but it's more a replacement for my dying 360. I won't be jumping on the PS5 for a while and will wait for it to be cheaper which I kind of should have done with the PS4 but.... bloodborne was just that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

First Game: Killzone. Got it and AC: Black Flag at launch but played Killzone first since it was a proper next-gen title. Looked pretty, but played very little of it.
    Last Game: Crash Bandicoot 4. Dunno if I'll start anything else before the PS5 comes, maybe just quick games of Fifa or something. Got to a point in Crash 4 though where it's just too frustrating to try and complete fully.

First Platinum: Lego Marvel Superheroes. Thought it'd be Infamous Second Son but guess I did Lego Marvel first.

Top 3 games played:
    1. Overwatch - 270hrs
    2. MGS V: Phantom Pain - 197hrs (damn I knew I played it a lot but didn't think it was that much)
    3. Borderlands 3 - 149hrs

Best PS4 Memory - I might have to give it to Sekiro. So frustrating at times but when you beat one of those really tough bosses it gives a feeling you rarely get in any other game. Battles against the likes of Genichiro etc where it's a proper clash of swords are just insanely intense. Edit: Or, I might have to give it to the PS4 not just giving us DMC4 Special Edition but then also giving us a proper DMC5.

Worst PS4 Memory - AC: Unity. I got a few hours into it but just the idea of starting the usual AC/Ubisoft open-world map-icon loop again.... it killed my enthusiasm for an entire franchise I loved. Odyssey only managed to get me back in because the RPG elements and superpowers intrigued me enough to pique my interests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll just copy in what I wrote before.
    For my first game, I think it was Styx Master of Shadows, as only had whatever games were in my Plus back catalogue to play when I got it. Didn't play for long though. First to completion was Arkham Knight. For last, Last of Us 2, so far(well a bit of Fall Guys but not counting that). May actually go back and play Styx now I think about it.

Reading everyone else's play times, I'm almost embarrassed to post mine.

1. Uncharted 4 - 37.74hrs
    2. Infamous Second Sun - 36.68hrs
    3. Arkham Knight - 34.84hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

First game - Star Wars Battlefront
    Last game - Crash 4

First Platinum- Spiderman

AC Odyssey - 185 hours
    Days Gone - 106 hours
    Ghost of Tsunima - 69 hours

Worst memory - realisation that I get hammered more often than not online fps and sports games!

Best memories - there's been loads tbh, a few highlights: vr gaming, in particular Astrobot (smiled from start to finish) and Firewall for the first while before the lobbies got frustrating (great community and easily my most played online game) not withstanding worst memory above!
    Also Days Gone and Spidey were both an absolute blast from start to finish, my first two plats and didn't seem like a grind at any point.
    Also the variety on offer is superb imo, from AAA games, indie, sports, driving, story/walking sims... case in point, my mrs doesn't play much but the one game we regular play together is the retro classic Bubble Bobble. Totting up the hours for most played, BB came in 5th with over 50 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭quokula

Just signed up to Exophase to see my stats. 4,242 hours on PS4 and 210 hours on Xbox One after owning them both from day 1 :eek: I think that says a lot about what an incredibly good console the PS4 is, probably one of the strongest games catalogs a platform has ever had.

With all those hours played though, I still have zero platinums. I've never seen the point of chasing trophies, and I don't really do online multiplayer which rules out a lot of platinums too.

First game - Assassin's Creed Black Flag
    Last game - FIFA 21

Dragon Age Inquisition - 217 hours (really surprised this is up there)
    Persona 5 - 180 hours
    Witcher 3 - 174 hours

Best memories: Too many to count. Late nights with friends playing everything from Overcooked to LBP 3 to Rocket League to Towerfall Ascension to F1 split screen. Or discovering the Yakuza series for the first time with Yakuza 6, then spending the next year or so gradually going through all of the prequels, remakes and spin offs. And Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy were also utterly spectacular games. Detroit, Life is Strange and Before The Storm are also stand outs for me for their storytelling.

I don't know if I have a worst memory. GT Sport, FFVII Remake and Last Guardian stand out as the games that I had high hopes for which weren't met, but none of them were really bad games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

First game: BF4
    Last game: most likely GTAV to kill time...

First platinum: I'm not entirely sure as I've never been a trophy hunter, but I think it may have been a PES game :pac

3 most played games (almost embarrassed compared to everyone else's playtime but...)

1 Destiny - 1257
    2 BF4 - 903
    3 MGS V - 272 (genuinely shocked I played it so often)

Best memory - Rediscovering couch co-op with the missus playing Overcooked together. It caused some arguments but was fun all the same. Was nice to share my hobby with her for once rather than her watching me play.

Worst memory - the first few months of BF4's release. It was a laggy, buggy mess. Though when it was fixed, it was glorious.

I'd like to add another 2 topics if that's ok...

Favourite game and Most disliked game

Favourite - Horizon Zero Dawn. Had no expectations going into this aside from robot dinosaurs, and it was fantastic. For an open world game not having too much icon overload on the map was unusual and freeing in a way that didn't force you to do things you didn't want to, and what you did collect around the world added to the narrative that enticed you to get the next piece of the puzzle. The expansion was more of the same, and the gameplay was wonderful.

Most disliked - Destiny. Funny for me having played over a thousand hours, but by christ the grind was real. And tedious. And repetitive. I discovered, too slowly for my liking, that it didn't respect my time as a player. I put too much time into the game and the RNG system was far too unforgiving and tightfisted for rewarding your input. Kept playing as I'd found a great set of online gamers that made it less of an annoyance.

Favourite Game:
    God of War. Just completely blew me away and was damn near perfect in every regard. Completely changed the formula of the game while still staying true to the originals. Everything that could have been awful about the game (child companion, semi-open world, RPG-lite) was handled fantastically. And a proper story that made you care about Kratos as a character.

Most Disliked Game:
    Maybe it's because it's fresh on my mind, but I'd probably have to say Marvel's Avengers for the same reason Gilco Man says Destiny. Even though I've played it a fair bit, it doesn't respect my time. It launched as bare bones as it could possibly get with a shambolic microtransaction and grind system in place and the rewards aren't worth it. Many elements of the gameplay are fun and enjoyable, but there's a lot of bullsh*t in it too, same enemies in the same corridors, same missions with minor variances... Like most "Live service" games, I imagine it could be a great game in another year or so when they actually release different content for it and pull back on most of the grindy elements due to fan backlash, but it should not have launched as it did. There's a good game hidden under there, but f*ck me it's not worth trying to find it at this stage, and was hugely disappointing because of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

First game- Nba 2k14
    Last game - God of War ( Ya i dunno why i waited so long :pac: )

First Platinum- Don't think i got any not to bothered with all that.

Fifa 15 - 250 hours

efootball PES 2020 - 202 hours

Persona 5 Royal - 126 hours

Best memory : God i have a good few stand out games that i really enjoyed but ill go with Persona 5 / Persona 5 Royal.

Considering i went into the game new to the series and only played it because reviews where great and i got it free i massively enjoyed them!!

I played and finished Persona 5 with over 120 hours then the same with Royal and i still think about the games and would love to play more ha. The sound tracks are also class i listen to them now and again.

Worst memory : I taught the PS4 was a brilliant console in general didn't have to many bad memory's with it to be honest. The only games i returned or sold very quickly where NBA 2K14 and one the Pes games.

My most recent bad memory was UFC 4 that game was really disappointing and i really regret buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

How do you know the hours played???

How do you know the hours played???
    So list your first and last played games, your best and worst memories (spoiler tagged), your first Platinum and top 3 longest played games (can find this by setting up exophase account).

I'd never heard of exophase, but set up an account and linked my PSN account to it and got the data that way. There's a bit of messing around to get the account to link, but it works.

Ok set that up. Great site. Thanks!

3,117 hours in total.

My time with the PS4 will go on for at least another year or so. I’ll wait for all the PS5 bugs to be ironed out and a price drop before jumping onboard.

First game- Killzone Shadow Fall
    Last game (Played) - Apex Legends

First Platinum- Don’t think I have any. No interest in it.

Destiny - 891 hours (this has me questioning the site slightly as I think the destiny companion had me down at about 400 hours but that might be just in game as opposed to all the faffing in menus, gear etc.. ) That said if I spent 400 hours in menus changing gear I need to get out more!!!!!

Apex Legends - 320 hours

Destiny 2 - 297 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

The Last of Us Remastered. I had missed it first time around on PS3 (I was a 360 traitor). It was the second game I played on PS4 (Destiny was a pack in). Holy **** TLOU was like nothing Id ever played. Amazing.

Astrobot Rescue Mission on PSVR is just so good. Does some super creative stuff with VR and its great fun to play.

The Last of Us Remastered. I had missed it first time around on PS3 (I was a 360 traitor). It was the second game I played on PS4 (Destiny was a pack in). Holy **** TLOU was like nothing Id ever played. Amazing.

Astrobot Rescue Mission on PSVR is just so good. Does some super creative stuff with VR and its great fun to play.

I really tried to like the last of us but just wasn’t for me. Still to this day don’t get the love in for it. Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I really tried to like the last of us but just wasn’t for me. Still to this day don’t get the love in for it. Each to their own I suppose.

Having a daughter of a similar age to Ellie really helped the game hit home.

Advertisement