Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for Allotment owner

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

100% agree with this post, although suggest maybe seeing if you can find some of the items in Ireland rather than Amazon. The landscape depot have some Felco kit at reasonable prices as an example. https://www.landscapedepot.ie/product-category/tools-and-protective-clothes/hand-tools/

The decent watering can is definitely something to consider, as well as the stainless steel digging spade, such as this one https://shop.windyridgegardencentre.ie/tools-equipment-c-151/stainless-steel-tools-c-157/ss-digging-spade-p-23199

Sorry I often offend people with my links to Amazon. Trouble is I always have a tab open in my browser for browsing Amazon and they very nearly always have something that fits what I'm looking for. Best of all have decent pictures. However I only intend the links as examples.

I often check around for prices for Felco as I've recommended their secateurs a few times for people and its hard to find anyone cheaper than Amazon #7 £55.24 and free delivery is to my mind a bit cheaper than €75 plus an undisclosed delivery charge.

On a side note I don't know who Kent and Stow are but they seem to be a decent name in stainless steel gardening tools. Over the last few years I've tended to buy most of my stuff from them.

Edit: Yet another present idea more a stocking filler perhaps? Hand cream - just one obvious example on Amazon.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Many of us have used Amazon Prime in the last few weeks.Windyridge been years since i was there and they expanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

What about a personalised seed box. I've seen some online. They are gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭xl500

Thanks everyone

I went with the subscription to Kitchen Garden magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

Was going to say a Sneeboer tool, youd get something for 50 for sure and they will have it for the rest of their lives. A trowel would be perfect. There are copper tools as well from a different company. Magazine subscription is good too for the year, after that it's the same articles every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BusyGardener

xl500 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone

I went with the subscription to Kitchen Garden magazine

Do you know are the seeds still included with the international issue or are they only included with the UK subscription, with new rules on seeds due to Brexit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Do you know are the seeds still included with the international issue or are they only included with the UK subscription, with new rules on seeds due to Brexit?

3 packs for now

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gnf_ireland

What about a personalised seed box. I've seen some online. They are gorgeous!

I was given one of those a few years ago from the kids (i.e. wife) and its lovely !

Sorry I often offend people with my links to Amazon. Trouble is I always have a tab open in my browser for browsing Amazon and they very nearly always have something that fits what I'm looking for. Best of all have decent pictures. However I only intend the links as examples.

Edit: Yet another present idea more a stocking filler perhaps? Hand cream - just one obvious example on Amazon.

No need to apologise in any way. I was just highlighting the push towards our local garden centres in the year that is in it. I fully understand the appeal of amazon, especially if you are purchasing other items as well.

Amazon are taking over the world, in the same way the supermarkets canabalised the butchers, bakeries etc. We all have to think carefully about where we spend our money, and its a personal choice for everyone (while the choice remains at least) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

I was given one of those a few years ago from the kids (i.e. wife) and its lovely !

Gnf.....where did they buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

No need to apologise in any way. I was just highlighting the push towards our local garden centres in the year that is in it. I fully understand the appeal of amazon, especially if you are purchasing other items as well.

Amazon are taking over the world, in the same way the supermarkets canabalised the butchers, bakeries etc. We all have to think carefully about where we spend our money, and its a personal choice for everyone (while the choice remains at least) :)

Yet Amazon and Ebay are a vital resource for folk like me who are unable to shop in person. My supply of winter socks for example...

Many things I can get by post from eg Lenehans hardware in Dublin and pharmacies etc.

But there are many things like clothes and shoes. I rely on them for that.

And supermarkets in smaller places have become more like the older shops. Staffed by local folk

Gnf.....where did they buy it?

Sorry for the delay - only seeing this now. They got it on Not on the High Streethttps://www.notonthehighstreet.com/ and had it delivered via Address Pal, at the time. Its a few years old at this point

Advertisement