Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Puppy Buying Advice

• 02-11-2020 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Being thinking for a while now getting a pup and after some research thinking Boston Terrier, french bulldog would suit me.
    The problem here is they seem to be very expensive to buy and not many around?

Can anyone recommend a good place to adopt or buy one now that donedeal are not allowing the dog sellers seems to be tough to find a seller.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

My advice. Don't buy. Rescue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hi Everyone,

Being thinking for a while now getting a pup and after some research thinking Boston Terrier, french bulldog would suit me.

Can anyone recommend a good place to adopt or buy one now that donedeal are not allowing the dog sellers seems to be tough to find a seller.

Thanks
    If you want a breed like the above your best bet would be to go via the IKC.
    I would also say get health insurance, allianz are excellent.
    But they are going to be very very expensive.
    I have a french bulldog who is 3, great dog, good health wise, he was 1.5k...I would be surprised if you get a good french bulldog for under 3k now.

Try to re-home it might be a better idea.

I know a french bulldog group that do rehoming but they would be extremely fussy about where the dog goes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

I don't think recommendations for individual shelters are allowed here. Try the breeders clubs, they'll put you in right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

My advice. Don't buy. Rescue.
    Would be my preference also but not sure where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

gmisk wrote: »
    If you want a breed like the above your best bet would be to go via the IKC.
    I would also say get health insurance, allianz are excellent.
    But they are going to be very very expensive.
    I have a french bulldog who is 3, great dog, good health wise, he was 1.5k...I would be surprised if you get a good french bulldog for under 3k now.

Try to re-home it might be a better idea.

I know a french bulldog group that do rehoming but they would be extremely fussy about where the dog goes too.

Could you send me on the details for that group or forward on mine if not allowed, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Folks,
    As per the sticky at the top of the forum page, there is a temporary embargo on threads looking for pups or dogs at the min, so that this forum is not contributing to the puppy-buying mania, and associated mind boggling price hikes being enjoyed by the gougers who have jumped on the bandwagon that this pandemic has sparked.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement