Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 12 Pro Max - you in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

7 days left to decide to go with AppleCare + or Loveitcoverit. Still not sure what to do. Do loveitcoverit get replacement handsets from apple?

What have people decided to do re cover?

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

What’s the big advantages with apple care? Do you basically get a new device without question if you scratch the screen or body of the phone or damage through drops etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    7 days left to decide to go with AppleCare + or Loveitcoverit. Still not sure what to do. Do loveitcoverit get replacement handsets from apple?

What have people decided to do re cover?

BobbyT28

I went with loveitcoverit as I can pay it off monthly but I’m not sure about where they get their new devices from.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

What’s the big advantages with apple care? Do you basically get a new device without question if you scratch the screen or body of the phone or damage through drops etc?

https://www.apple.com/ie/support/products/iphone/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Has anyone looked at the insurance offered by Revolut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

eeloe wrote: »
    Has anyone looked at the insurance offered by Revolut?

Never, looks like loveitcoverit are not offering new policies. Brexit?

Looks like it’s AppleCare for me so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Ordered on Stephen’s day, and just went to check there, and my order has disappeared. This happened to anyone. Have the email with the Order ID and it was working fine a day or two ago as it was saying processing . Now it says it can’t find my order when I log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Ordered on Stephen’s day, and just went to check there, and my order has disappeared. This happened to anyone. Have the email with the Order ID and it was working fine a day or two ago as it was saying processing . Now it says it can’t find my order when I log in.

Yeah that happened when I ordered too but it came back after a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

Ordering the Pro Max. Any benefits to ordering it from Apple versus 3? I think it may actually be a bit cheaper via 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

dmn22 wrote: »
    Ordering the Pro Max. Any benefits to ordering it from Apple versus 3? I think it may actually be a bit cheaper via 3.

Probably locked to 3? Easier to sell an unlocked version down the line but 3 will probably unlock then anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Definitely better to buy direct from Apple especially with consumer law, much easier to go through a consumer law claim with Apple than with three, trust me when I say that. I’ve had experiences with both.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Definitely better to buy direct from Apple especially with consumer law, much easier to go through a consumer law claim with Apple than with three, trust me when I say that. I’ve had experiences with both.

Great, thanks for the advice. Going to just order from Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

ON a side note, is there any way of legitimately unlocking these other than going down the request from the provider?

ON a side note, is there any way of legitimately unlocking these other than going down the request from the provider?

Is it actually locked?

My 11 pro max, xR and XS max came unlocked from the provider.

eeloe wrote: »
    Is it actually locked?

My 11 pro max, xR and XS max came unlocked from the provider.

Yeah its locked alright. Im in no rush to unlock it so by the time I need it done the network will do it for me. Was more interested in unlocking apple phones in general. I have an XR here that I need unlocked that is no longer linked to a network contract so they're not much help.

Yeah its locked alright. Im in no rush to unlock it so by the time I need it done the network will do it for me. Was more interested in unlocking apple phones in general. I have an XR here that I need unlocked that is no longer linked to a network contract so they're not much help.

If they are locked, the network that locked it has to unlock it, wether they want to help or not.

If it’s eir, god love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I'm a loser, Vodafone rang and said they had one in stock if i wanted it so obviously i said yes!

After resigning to the fact that I'd not bother with one.

Still haven't received tracking information or any email tho. Only a text

I'm a loser, Vodafone rang and said they had one in stock if i wanted it so obviously i said yes!

After resigning to the fact that I'd not bother with one.

Still haven't received tracking information or any email tho. Only a text

It was the same with mine, it just arrived in the post 2 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Very happy I moved over to Apple. Everything is just better, particularly when you have to other devices to go with it. Best I’ve ever owned by far.

Now I need to decide on a MBP or a Mac Mini to go the whole hog.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

It was the same with mine, it just arrived in the post 2 days later.

I'm onto customer service chat now, contract says if you order before 3pm you'll get it the following day, i ordered at 10am yesterday :D Not holding my breath tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Very happy I moved over to Apple. Everything is just better, particularly when you have to other devices to go with it. Best I’ve ever owned by far.

Now I need to decide on a MBP or a Mac Mini to go the whole hog.

Make sure its a M2 machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Make sure its a M2 machine.
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Why?

Because the M1 Macs are old news now. Gawd! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Because the M1 Macs are old news now. Gawd! :D

Glad I’m holding off for the iPhone 20 Pro Max Elite so.

M1 I should have said apologies. Buying an Intel macbook at this point would be mental.

Have the 12 pro max for a few months now, great phone, but so was the XS max it replaced. Hopefully the next update does something with the notch although the phones are just so so good for the last few years that I’m just findings things to say.

Any idea how long it typically takes to deliver once the status changes to 'Preparing to Ship'?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Any idea how long it typically takes to deliver once the status changes to 'Preparing to Ship'?

Mine was very quick. Changed to preparing to ship on the afternoon of the 23rd. Changed to shipped a couple of hours later. Was delivered then about 10am Christmas Eve.

It even went from UK to Germany and then to Ireland during that short timeframe. Can’t understand why UPS send them to Germany first. Obviously it’s their way of doing it but what a waste of money and resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Anybody having trouble in getting 5g (Eir)? I have 5g enabled in the settings but still no joy. The only time I notice I have 5g is when I'm on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Luap wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble in getting 5g (Eir)? I have 5g enabled in the settings but still no joy. The only time I notice I have 5g is when I'm on twitter.

5G from Eir working fine for me but only in town centres.

Advertisement