Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 12 Pro Max - you in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Not on Vodafone's upgrade page but on main page, on online chat now

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Apple employees got access first it seems, my order is completed thankfully

[Whats-App-Image-2020-11-06-at-13-06-49.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

So pissed off with that... The app never changed from all the getting ready BS... then bagged one for launch day.. wouldn't work, kept getting interruption errors.. ah well.. Delivery is now 18th...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Aquos76 wrote: »

How did you get it so cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

I got my order in on the app at around 13:04 or so - within a minute or so of the app coming back up - and the cash has already been taken from my account, but I don't have a delivery date. Which is weird. The status just says 'we have received your order'

How do you know when it'll be delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I got my order in on the app at around 13:04 or so, and the cash has already been taken from my account, but I don't have a delivery date. Which is weird. The status just says 'we have received your order'

How do you know when it'll delivered?
    said it in the app and says it on the email under items to be dispatched has the date

digiman wrote: »
    How did you get it so cheap?

The are ex vat and Apple staff discounts

shanec1928 wrote: »
    said it in the app and says it on the email under items to be dispatched has the date

Ah, got it. It's in the email. Friday November 13th.

Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Don't know what's going on with my order. I got in quickly via the app and then wen't through to payment but since I pressed place order its been spinning for like 20+ mins (and yes I have money on the card). Don't want to retry as in the purchase state. 128gb pro max in blue

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Aquos76 wrote: »

Do we need to order the plug? Only found out recently they were changing the thingymajig!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just ordered a pro max pacific blue 128GB. My XS Max is in bits so will be glad to change it out.

Apple took payment already for my pro max but they still didn’t take the money for my partners pro sadly his date for delivery is November 18-25th

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

sean72 wrote: »
    Don't know what's going on with my order. I got in quickly via the app and then wen't through to payment but since I pressed place order its been spinning for like 20+ mins (and yes I have money on the card). Don't want to retry as in the purchase state. 128gb pro max in blue

I had an absolutely mare. Spent an hour with a spinning processing wheel. Ended up having to go again and now have a delivery window 23rd-30th. Complete shambles having had the 13th on my original attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Apple took payment already for my pro max but they still didn’t take the money for my partners pro sadly his date for delivery is November 18-25th

You can always be nice and give them yours :D

rizzee wrote: »
    You can always be nice and give them yours :D

Pro max for me and he got the regular pro so no lol

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Anyone’s order switch to shipped yet?

Still ‘preparing to dispatch’

Regardless of whether it has changed to shipped yet or not, no one will have one till Friday the 13th, luckily I’m not superstitious:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Still ‘preparing to dispatch’

Don’t expect this to change until Thursday

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm guessing the reviews will start to pop later this afternoon?

• Advertisement

I'm guessing they'll go online for us this afternoon, maybe around 5pm? That would be 9am US time in the west coast. Reviewers have apparently had the units since last Monday and have probably got their videos shot and ready to upload.

https://www.imore.com/iphone-12-mini-and-iphone-12-pro-max-reviews-hit-monday-november-9

General consensus is it’s an excellent phone but just that bit to big. As I’m currently an XS max user, I’m hoping it’s not to much bigger tbh.

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Honestly the reviews are putting me off a bit. The size thing seems like a real issue and in exchange the camera benefits seem negligible.

Not much I can do about it now, mine is due to be delivered on Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i'm a big lump so the size is music to my ears :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

awec wrote: »
    Honestly the reviews are putting me off a bit. The size thing seems like a real issue and in exchange the camera benefits seem negligible.

The sizes were discussed in the hands on videos release before pre-order day so that shouldn’t come as a surprise. The camera stuff is a bit of a surprise but different reviewers have different takes on it.

A thread worth looking at: https://twitter.com/reckless/status/1325831135675478016?s=12

If you’re not happy with the size you can return within 14 (or possibly 30) days and order the 12 Pro but you’ll have to wait a few more weeks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Anyone not been charged to their card yet? Mines “preparing for despatch” but my card still hasn’t been charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

RedLegend wrote: »
    Anyone not been charged to their card yet? Mines “preparing for despatch” but my card still hasn’t been charged.

My leather case has shipped today and I've not been charged yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Ozark2020

Paid for (November 6th) 12 pro max in Harvey Norman but was advised will be approx 19th November or shortly after. Was hoping would be this week but not to be it seems.

Advertisement