Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 12 Pro Max - you in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I've tried a few and they're all saying they have no visibility on what is coming in and when.

Yep, all gone since pre order. The blue was gone in 3 hours.

The black and blue appeared available for a few hours last Monday but when i tried to upgrade it kept failing. After talking to customer service they told me it was a mistake and was in fact..Sold out since pre order. My upgrade came on the Wednesday but it was too late.

They removed the pro and pro max from the site as they were so inundated with people asking when the stock would be back in the hopes that it would put people off ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Yep, all gone since pre order. The blue was gone in 3 hours.

The black and blue appeared available for a few hours last Monday but when i tried to upgrade it kept failing. After talking to customer service they told me it was a mistake and was in fact..Sold out since pre order. My upgrade came on the Wednesday but it was too late.

They removed the pro and pro max from the site as they were so inundated with people asking when the stock would be back in the hopes that it would put people off ringing.

Oh well the wait continues so. Torn between the Note 20 ultra and the 12 pro max but the long term saleability of the iPhone is swinging it in its favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Got a good look at one today, it does fell big compared to my XS Max but I think I will get used to it pretty quick. Fingers crossed I don’t have to wait til the new year to get one.

BTW, Harvey Norman in Naas had one on display along with the rest of the new ones, in case anyone wants to take a look. I’m sure the other stores will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Got a good look at one today, it does fell big compared to my XS Max but I think I will get used to it pretty quick. Fingers crossed I don’t have to wait til the new year to get one.

BTW, Harvey Norman in Naas had one on display along with the rest of the new ones, in case anyone wants to take a look. I’m sure the other stores will be the same.

I came from an Xs too and honesty don’t really notice and size difference, it is however careless and my Xs had a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Is there anyone who ordered on the 6th November still waiting on their phone? I ordered the 12 Pro Max just after the pre sales went live, it's still giving an estimate of 23rd to 30th November for delivery and the money has not yet been taken from my account.

• Advertisement

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Is there anyone who ordered on the 6th November still waiting on their phone? I ordered the 12 Pro Max just after the pre sales went live, it's still giving an estimate of 23rd to 30th November for delivery and the money has not yet been taken from my account.

The money didn’t come off my account until the day after delivery for me. Paid through ApplePay, dunno if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ozark2020

Paid for mine as preorder in Harvey Norman ...... no update from them as to when they will have the phone on stock !
    Anyone received their pro max from Harvey ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Took the plunge there. Graphite 128gb and the saddle brown leather case. Had been thinking about one through Vodafone but the more I thought about it the more it was a mad idea.

The money didn’t come off my account until the day after delivery for me. Paid through ApplePay, dunno if that makes a difference.

Were you waiting long for the phone? I just thought it a bit odd that some folk I know pre booked later then me but have their phones already, I'm not stuck for it, I'm just wondering how the orders are processed, when the pre order opened on the 6th at 1pm I had mine ordered before 1.30pm, and still waiting.

Were you waiting long for the phone? I just thought it a bit odd that some folk I know pre booked later then me but have their phones already, I'm not stuck for it, I'm just wondering how the orders are processed, when the pre order opened on the 6th at 1pm I had mine ordered before 1.30pm, and still waiting.

My order went through at at 1:07pm and delivered on Monday. On Thursday (12th) / Friday (13th) over night it went from processing to preparing to ship to shipped in about 4 hours and it was in Dublin on Saturday morning. Once it gets moving it’s very fast! My original window for delivery was 18th to 20th, I updated the delivery address and it changed to 17th-19th but delivered on the 16th. Their delivery windows are usually pretty accurate, so you may not see any movement until the 21st or so. This was the first time I bought an iPhone at launch since the 4, the dudes here might have better info.

• Advertisement

My order went through at at 1:07pm and delivered on Monday. On Thursday (12th) / Friday (13th) over night it went from processing to preparing to ship to shipped in about 4 hours and it was in Dublin on Saturday morning. Once it gets moving it’s very fast! My original window for delivery was 18th to 20th, I updated the delivery address and it changed to 17th-19th but delivered on the 16th. Their delivery windows are usually pretty accurate, so you may not see any movement until the 21st or so. This was the first time I bought an iPhone at launch since the 4, the dudes here might have better info.

Thanks for the info, maybe it is location related too, and probably a huge amount of orders in those opening minutes, it's due sometime next week so all is good :)

Thanks for the info, maybe it is location related too, and probably a huge amount of orders in those opening minutes, it's due sometime next week so all is good :)

Half the fun is the anticipation :D Hopefully, it lands a couple of days early for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

With the Otterbox Defender case for the Pro Max not having the ultra thin covering for the screen (as on ones for older iPhone models), is there any other case that would have one, does anyone know of one that does?

I don’t really want to get a protective tempered glass type one which would be the alternative...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Gekko wrote: »
    With the Otterbox Defender case for the Pro Max not having the ultra thin covering for the screen (as on ones for older iPhone models), is there any other case that would have one, does anyone know of one that does?

I don’t really want to get a protective tempered glass type one which would be the alternative...

I ordered a thin film cover for the screen yesterday. Not sure if I’ll put it on yet at all but maybe just to prevent scratches. It was around five euro on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Just out of curiosity really I have a delivery date of Dec 4th to 11th for a phone. Case arrived quickly, no money taken for the phone yet. Traditionally are these conservative estimates? I ordered 6 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Just out of curiosity really I have a delivery date of Dec 4th to 11th for a phone. Case arrived quickly, no money taken for the phone yet. Traditionally are these conservative estimates? I ordered 6 days ago.
    they are generally conservative and deliveries are usually early with the exception of launch day items will arrive on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I ordered a thin film cover for the screen yesterday. Not sure if I’ll put it on yet at all but maybe just to prevent scratches. It was around five euro on eBay.

I’ve ordered the Otterbox. Will see how I get on with no screen protection at first 😬

I ordered on the 6th November, the delivery estimate was 23rd to 30th November, it arrived yesterday the 23rd.

I ordered on the 6th December, the delivery estimate was 23rd to 30th November, it arrived yesterday the 23rd.

Apple has upped their game with their time travelling logistics! :D

Apple has upped their game with their time travelling logistics! :D

And the keyboard doesn't work properly either :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Any word on stock from the phone companies?

Also, anyone upgrade from an XS? Worth it?

Any word on stock from the phone companies?

Also, anyone upgrade from an XS? Worth it?

I came from an Xs Max. Worth every penny!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I came from an Xs Max. Worth every penny!

Same here, initially I was thinking, oh why did I bother, but nearly 2 weeks on, I’m loving the pro max.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pad199207

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Same here, initially I was thinking, oh why did I bother, but nearly 2 weeks on, I’m loving the pro max.

How’s battery life?

Has anyone had problems with their Pro Max charging wirelessly? Min stopped working with my (different) 3 wireless chargers I have in different rooms in my apartment, but they still work for my work iPhone 8. I see a fair bit of people on the Apple Forums complaining about the same issue.

pad199207 wrote: »
    How’s battery life?

It’s a brand new phone, so I’d expect it to be much better than a 2 year old Xs max. But I’ve yet to see the phone go under 45% the fast charger then gets it up to about 90% in about 40 mins before work in the morning.

Has anyone had problems with their Pro Max charging wirelessly? Min stopped working with my (different) 3 wireless chargers I have in different rooms in my apartment, but they still work for my work iPhone 8. I see a fair bit of people on the Apple Forums complaining about the same issue.

Mine is fine with the MagSafe but I haven’t tried my old wireless charger.

Mine is fine with the MagSafe but I haven’t tried my old wireless charger.

OK, there are even some folks over the saying their MagSafe chargers have stopped working. Hopefully, it can be resolved in an iOS update. I hate cable charging, my Xs was plugged in no more than 10 times in 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pad199207

It’s a brand new phone, so I’d expect it to be much better than a 2 year old Xs max. But I’ve yet to see the phone go under 45% the fast charger then gets it up to about 90% in about 40 mins before work in the morning.

I’m on a 11 pro max at the moment so I’m thinking if the battery life on the 12 pro max is worse then it might not entice me to upgrade :(

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    I’m on a 11 pro max at the moment so I’m thinking if the battery life on the 12 pro max is worse then it might not entice me to upgrade :(

I haven’t used the 11 pro max so can’t compare but many reviewers online said that unless videography was your thing then the upgrade from your 11 pro max isn’t worth it.

Advertisement