Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 12 Pro Max - you in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Has anyone had problems with their Pro Max charging wirelessly? Min stopped working with my (different) 3 wireless chargers I have in different rooms in my apartment, but they still work for my work iPhone 8. I see a fair bit of people on the Apple Forums complaining about the same issue.

Yep Myself and the other half have wireless chargers on either side of the bed. Both Anker chargers, mine is a slightly older model but both 10w Qi chargers.

I can charge my phone on her charger but not on mine!! Mine starts to charge then stops and the Anker wireless charger stars to flash blue! Fairly annoying.

Any recommendations on a decent wireless charger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Not sure if I’m allowed, so apologies if I’m not.

I have a Cyprus Green IPhone 12 Pro Max MagSafe case For sale. Just font like the colour myself. Happy with plain old black. Used for 30mins I’d say, I’ll let it go for €45 if anyone is interested.

Living in Kildare near Liffey Valley so could me around there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Yep Myself and the other half have wireless chargers on either side of the bed. Both Anker chargers, mine is a slightly older model but both 10w Qi chargers.

I can charge my phone on her charger but not on mine!! Mine starts to charge then stops and the Anker wireless charger stars to flash blue! Fairly annoying.

Any recommendations on a decent wireless charger

The cynic in me thinks it's Apple doing one of their sly tricks...

The idealist in me believes a software update will solve it.

The realist will hold off buying anything until 14.3(.1) is realised and see what happens.

I may just do what Apple wants me to do an buy the MagSafe charger..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Managed to get one on Vodafone today if anyone is waiting. I rang and they had black or blue, was hoping for Silver but went with the blue in the end. Cant wait to get my hands on it. Have the case and screen protector bought and delivered a fortnight ago in anticipation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

As compared to the iPhone 11 pro max, its screen of 6.7" looks interesting but I think it is not coming with power adapter. Am I right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

As compared to the iPhone 11 pro max, its screen of 6.7" looks interesting but I think it is not coming with power adapter. Am I right?

No power adaptor, it's under €20 for the official 20w one on Amazon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Yes. Just USC-C to lightening cable in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Also, remember that any lightning charger/cable you have already for a previous iPhone will work with the 12s (though not necessarily give you fast charging).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Still waiting on mine from Eir... 🙄☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Managed to get one on Vodafone today if anyone is waiting. I rang and they had black or blue, was hoping for Silver but went with the blue in the end. Cant wait to get my hands on it. Have the case and screen protector bought and delivered a fortnight ago in anticipation :)

Hi, what GB capacity ones were available 128 or 256 or both?

• Advertisement

Hi, what GB capacity ones were available 128 or 256 or both?

Got a 128gb. I’ve been using a 64gb XSMax for the last 2 yrs and never ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Vodafone had the Silver and black in during the week but I'm holding out for the Blue. My XS is only 8 months old so I'm in no rush. I can wait

Vodafone had the Silver and black in during the week but I'm holding out for the Blue. My XS is only 8 months old so I'm in no rush. I can wait

They had blue when I ordered earlier in the week. I was looking for a silver one but they didn’t have one in stock so opted for the blue, however they managed to find a silver one in the meantime so got that instead. So far it’s a great upgrade from the XS Max, battery life is fantastic and with my usual usage I’d always need a short top up during the day, my pro max still has 53%.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

They had blue when I ordered earlier in the week. I was looking for a silver one but they didn’t have one in stock so opted for the blue, however they managed to find a silver one in the meantime so got that instead. So far it’s a great upgrade from the XS Max, battery life is fantastic and with my usual usage I’d always need a short top up during the day, my pro max still has 53%.

Your pro max is still brand news though :)

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Your pro max is still brand news though :)

Yes it is to be fair 😀 but I did have my XS Max replaced with a brand new unit about 2 months ago and the battery wasn’t a million mile from the nearly 2 yr old XS Max it replaced. The comparison therefore isnt totally skewed 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Got to say I’m quite impressed so far. Phones new so I know the battery is going to be better but still at 40% after coming off charge at 7am.

Not finding the size an issue compared to the Pixel 4xl but there’s a really noticeable weight difference. The flat sides really make it feel like a solid block of metal.

Camera is great for a point and shoot - the pixel photos look better and to my eyes capture a little more detail but the iPhones are more realistic.

I got the saddle brown leather case, great that the bottom of the phone is now covered but has anyone else noticed that the leather is a bit different to older ones? Seems like a cheaper substitute or something. It’s grippy but I’ll be interested in how it wears over a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 irmasp

I am planning on getting Dual sim version of iPhone 12 pro max A2412. It is hard to get one in Europe for a reasonable price. I wonder is Etoren.com is trustworthy to get such an expensive device. There are other Chinese online stores like eglobalcentraleu or wondamobile they sell 12 MAX pro cheaper, but I had no experience with these ether. I found a thread about eglobalcentral here, but no info about Etoren. Looks like it is a company from Singapore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Checked the site, Dual nano sims, but bloody expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 irmasp

smurfjed wrote: »
    Checked the site, Dual nano sims, but bloody expensive.
    yes, but was even more expensive, prices are dropping little by little.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

irmasp wrote: »
    I am planning on getting Dual sim version of iPhone 12 pro max A2412. It is hard to get one in Europe for a reasonable price. I wonder is Etoren.com is trustworthy to get such an expensive device. There are other Chinese online stores like eglobalcentraleu or wondamobile they sell 12 MAX pro cheaper, but I had no experience with these ether. I found a thread about eglobalcentral here, but no info about Etoren. Looks like it is a company from Singapore.

I bought the dual Nano sim version of the 12 pro max from expansys Hong Kong. Very reliable vendor and fast delivery , but is still very expensive especially when you are also hit for a few hundred of import duties on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pad199207

Received the cover today from courier. Still waiting for phone

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

my 12 pro max was due to arrive 16-23 Dec....
    shipped earlier today, arriving on Dec 10 now

its currently left east midlands ( DHL ) inbound to shannon.

eirlink wrote: »

Mines due 21st - 4th Jan. hoping it gets here before Christmas

all 12 models available on vodafone FYI.

I decided to get a sony bravia instead. My XS is only 10 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

due tomorrow....arrived today at 15:02 !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

all 12 models available on vodafone FYI.

I decided to get a sony bravia instead. My XS is only 10 months old.

Where’s you get the Bravia? In the market for one myself.

Where’s you get the Bravia? In the market for one myself.

Harvey Norman. 55 inch A8 for 1500 down from 2100. Won a 500 euro gift card too so it only cost 1000. its amazing! 4k is crazy.

Ill get the phone after christmas.

Still no word on delivery. Still on processing for the past 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I ordered a 12 Pro on the 29th and it’s been at preparing for shipping for the last 4 days. The delivery date is set for 16th to 23rd.

• Advertisement

Kagawa wrote: »
    I ordered a 12 Pro on the 29th and it’s been at preparing for shipping for the last 4 days. The delivery date is set for 16th to 23rd.

I think your doing better than me, I ordered on the 3rd. It went straight to processing and I thought I was on a roll but it’s hit a wall since then.

Advertisement