Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 12 Pro Max - you in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

pad199207 wrote: »
    I think your doing better than me, I ordered on the 3rd. It went straight to processing and I thought I was on a roll but it’s hit a wall since then.

We’ll see what happens I suppose, it is odd though as there’s other people on here that ordered the same day but got theirs days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anyone get delivery from Vodafone recently? I've been given 5 different ETA dates at this stage and all passed with no sign still, it was per-ordered day it became available to order!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Villain wrote: »
    Anyone get delivery from Vodafone recently? I've been given 5 different ETA dates at this stage and all passed with no sign still, it was per-ordered day it became available to order!

i was no more than a day or 2 after you.

still no idea

edit:
    my order went through on the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi Gustavo,
    I'm thinking of making the jump from Pixel 4 to 12 Pro Max.. how do you find performance on the 12 compared to the pixel? I find the face unlock has slowed down on my pixel.. ive a fair bit on there for work like zoom, outlook etc and struggle to get a day without charging. Kind of fed up with the inconsistency with google and pixels..

Cheers,
    Mick
    Got to say I’m quite impressed so far. Phones new so I know the battery is going to be better but still at 40% after coming off charge at 7am.

Not finding the size an issue compared to the Pixel 4xl but there’s a really noticeable weight difference. The flat sides really make it feel like a solid block of metal.

Camera is great for a point and shoot - the pixel photos look better and to my eyes capture a little more detail but the iPhones are more realistic.

I got the saddle brown leather case, great that the bottom of the phone is now covered but has anyone else noticed that the leather is a bit different to older ones? Seems like a cheaper substitute or something. It’s grippy but I’ll be interested in how it wears over a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Is the pro or pro max in stock anywhere yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Vodafone finally got some stock yesterday and I have a tracking number now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Hi Gustavo,
    I'm thinking of making the jump from Pixel 4 to 12 Pro Max.. how do you find performance on the 12 compared to the pixel? I find the face unlock has slowed down on my pixel.. ive a fair bit on there for work like zoom, outlook etc and struggle to get a day without charging. Kind of fed up with the inconsistency with google and pixels..

Cheers,
    Mick

I noticed lately the pixel was slowing down. I can’t complain with the performance of this thing - as a work tool it’s great and the main reason I bought it. Outlook, Skype, WebEx all working fine for me. Still haven’t killed the battery in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭ablelocks

both the vodafone app and their website tell me i can get an upgrade, but the order doesn't process, or it will process but to one of the kids phones on the account. when i call them, they say i'm not eligible for an upgrade, but i could proceed with the upgrade for one of the kids and just use the phone....like I'm going to pay an extra €80 a month for snaptokagram when the whole point of the family plan is that kids are free....

ffs, such ****e i'm going thru with vodafone all year.

Picked up a Pro 12 Max last night in pacific blue. Really nice. Android since I started with smart phones so going to take a bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pad199207

Picked up a Pro 12 Max last night in pacific blue. Really nice. Android since I started with smart phones so going to take a bit of getting used to.

Luck you. Where do you pick it up from might I ask? Still waiting on mine to be even processed since the 3rd.

• Advertisement

Luck you. Where do you pick it up from might I ask? Still waiting on mine to be even processed since the 3rd.

i bought one from adverts. I'm not sure where they source them from but from a guy with tons of positive feedback... seems legit anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Villain wrote: »
    Vodafone finally got some stock yesterday and I have a tracking number now!

This is their 3rd time having stock since pre order. They had them last week also.

Another week gone with absolutely no progress on orders

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

I was due an upgrade, ordered on the 15th when I spotted they were back in stock, dispatched on the 16th and arrived yesterday the 18th. Initially had trouble with the payment part of ordering on Safari, switched to chrome and had no issues.

I suppose these border restrictions from Britain will have an impact on deliveries

iPhone got prepared for shipping this afternoon after 3 weeks. Delivery date was set for 30 Dec(raging it wouldn’t be here for Christmas)

Status changed to ‘shipped’ this evening with a delivery date of by end of day tomorrow! Miracle.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

iPhone got prepared for shipping this afternoon after 3 weeks. Delivery date was set for 30 Dec(raging it wouldn’t be here for Christmas)

Status changed to ‘shipped’ this evening with a delivery date of by end of day tomorrow! Miracle.

My mac is the very same, ordered on the 5th Dec I think, pending charge on my CC from today also. Delivery down for the 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 13 irmasp

Iv ordered 12 pro max dual sim A2412 from Etoren.com on 7th of December. processing took 8 days, shipping from UK to Lithuania another week, just received it yesterday. Very happy with fast delivery

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My mac is the very same, ordered on the 5th Dec I think, pending charge on my CC from today also. Delivery down for the 30th

Just an update on this, my mac was delivered at 7pm this evening, fair play to the courier company for going above and beyond to get as many deliveries as they could completed. My delivery date was the 30th Dec. I couldn’t believe it when I got the call tonight to say it had arrived.

Do people bother with a screen protector? I’ve a open apple leather case and a cheap screen protector on that doesn’t feel great. I didn’t bother with a screen protector on my pixel but I’ve read the ceramic coating can scratch easily on the iPhone 12s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Do people bother with a screen protector? I’ve a open apple leather case and a cheap screen protector on that doesn’t feel great. I didn’t bother with a screen protector on my pixel but I’ve read the ceramic coating can scratch easily on the iPhone 12s?

I’ve nothing on mine just the silicone case. Glass screen feels and looks so much better. Not a scratch on it yet but I look after it. Scratches will be unavoidable in the long run but I’ve paid enough for it to enjoy it properly.

I’ve nothing on mine just the silicone case. Glass screen feels and looks so much better. Not a scratch on it yet but I look after it. Scratches will be unavoidable in the long run but I’ve paid enough for it to enjoy it properly.

That’s my debate. Do I put up with a screen protector on to maximise resale value or just enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

That’s my debate. Do I put up with a screen protector on to maximise resale value or just enjoy it

Tbh I’ve insured mine and I mind it like a baby. Never put anything else in the pocket with it. If it gets a scratch it’s gets a scratch.

I tried a screen protector on it and it’s terrible.

Tbh I’ve insured mine and I mind it like a baby. Never put anything else in the pocket with it. If it gets a scratch it’s gets a scratch.

I tried a screen protector on it and it’s terrible.

Do you use apple care?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I’ve a screen protector on mine, get a good quality one and they’re ok. I have AppleCare but scratches still irritate me on the screen hence the protector.

Mines after getting a scratch on the back glass from the apple leather case. Popped off the case to try another one and a rough edge on the case lines up with the mark...can’t be seen when in the case so I’ll get it swapped out at a more convenient time.

Vodafone had it in stock for the last week but orders would not process, i rang again only to be told it was not actually in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Naa I’m actually happy with the x still I’ve come to realise now what’s the point of the new pretty designs when every phone goes into a sturdy decent case so I will only upgrade now when I see a noticeable slowdown in performance

biggebruv wrote: »
    Naa I’m actually happy with the x still I’ve come to realise now what’s the point of the new pretty designs when every phone goes into a sturdy decent case so I will only upgrade now when I see a noticeable slowdown in performance

I was the same but I'll get 450easily for my immaculate XS which is only 10 months old so the phone will only cost 200 from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Summer2020

biggebruv wrote: »

I was the same. Used to upgrade every year. Still have the X and very happy with its performance. Will hold out now for next years model, with the rumoured 90hz display

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭skinny90

irmasp wrote: »
    Iv ordered 12 pro max dual sim A2412 from Etoren.com on 7th of December. processing took 8 days, shipping from UK to Lithuania another week, just received it yesterday. Very happy with fast delivery

Anyone else order through these? prices seem decent enough

Advertisement