Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1323684420126154753

Louth slowly and steady creeping up the table.

Dublin and Cork a good drop, nice to see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Goldengirl wrote: »
    That is incorrect information.
    If you look up posts by Martina 1991 and Mandrake 04 you will find out all you need to know as they work in the area.
    Gipi puts it well above there .

What was incorrect information? DOH tweet even mentioned the denotifications and my figuresare correction on monthly denotifications. I said that there doesn't seem to be an official explanation as I have not been able to find one, if you have it please share.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

RTE news 292, virgin news 322 cases, which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

is_that_so wrote: »
    He's actually one of the best of them. His weekly columns on the RTE site have been calm, reflective and generally excellent.

I do not agree with that .
    Hr has consistently " under reported " by not giving negative information when indeed figures were extremely negative , and as my example above there shows , misrepresenting the reason for a drop in figures .
    It is disingenuous to say that there is a drop in figures in ICU , when it is not due to recovery , but deaths .
    Not that I am a fan of George Lee either , the opposite extreme , but it needs to be highlighted when false or misleading information is given by our national TV station , ON BOTH sides .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I do not agree with that .
    Hr has consistently " under reported " by not giving negative information when indeed figures were extremely negative , and as my example above there shows , misrepresenting the reason for a drop in figures .
    It is disingenuous to say that there is a drop in figures in ICU , when it is not due to recovery , but deaths .
    Not that I am a fan of George Kee either , the opposite extreme , but it needs to be highlighted when false or misleading information is given by our national TV station , ON BOTH sides .

Any day somebody dies and is not replaced in ICU... that IS a reduction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

I despair when I read comments alluding to 'making sacrifices so we can have a decent Christmas'. The infantilisation of Irish society by our politicians, media and NPHET continues to have increased effect.

This is the same passive and ignorant peasant mindset that allowed us to be dominated by the English, then by the Protestant Ascendancy and finally by the Catholic Church with the support of the repressive state apparatus.

You are a grown up. Make grown up decisions. Be considerate of others. Thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

That was my birthday and the one time this year that my girlfriend and I got away: a weekend in Kerry. We did the Coomloughra Horseshoe on Carrauntoohil (the three highest peaks in Ireland in one day), then had a meal out in an actual, real restaurant and finished up with a couple of absolutely beautiful pints in a pub (she had a cocktail of some kind - it had an umbrella in it and looked loud - she's Brasilian).

My best day of the year by a country mile. Loved every minute of it. A total highlight and I'll remember it forever.

Sounds like a great day, hope you had clear weather to appreciate the stunning views, the Coomloughra horseshoe isn't for wimps, I'd say you slept well that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Looks like the pubs and restaurants have been dealt another blow
    Garda powers to police Covid-19 measures in pubs and restaurants are to be extended until the middle of next year.

The Cabinet is due to meet on Tuesday to approve extending the powers until June 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    RTE news 292, virgin news 322 cases, which is it?

RTE said 322
    Covid-19: Five further deaths and 322 new cases

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hardyn wrote:
    What are you basing this on?
    Friends who has antibodies after three months and not after six months.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    Any day somebody dies and is not replaced in ICU... that IS a reduction

It certainly is, and if that is the standard of reporting you want you won't be disappointed then .
    I expect honest reporting, but am frequently disappointed by him , that is my point .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

03-11-2020-p1.jpg
    03-11-2020-p2.jpg
    03-11-2020-p3.jpg
    03-11-2020-p4.jpg
    03-11-2020-p5.jpg
    03-11-2020-p6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Today's numbers are a huge indicator that schools are playing a big part in transmission. We got a drop ten days after lockdown and now a sizeable drop ten days after schools closed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

How long does it usually take to get a call back about a COVID test appointment?

Siblings thought the rules didn’t apply to them and now they are paying the price. Very little chance my mother was exposed but GP wants her to get tested anyway.
    I called d doc around 12.30 Sunday, got text 2 hours later for test for smallie 9am Monday, for results today at 3pm (30 hours later). Hope she’s ok

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    RTE said 322

Dont know what i was looking but when they put figures on screen thought it said 292, still looking good for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

More on Long Covid
    An Infectious Diseases Consultant at St Vincent's Hospital has warned that about half of the patients who attended his outpatient clinic this morning are coming in with symptoms of post Covid-19 or long Covid-19.

Speaking onRTÉ's Today With Claire Byrne, Professor Paddy Mallon said the vast majority of these people were never hospitalised with their initial infection, but have never fully recovered.

He said these are people in their early 20s to early 50s who "are productive, usually working full time, many of them are very fit and very active".

Prof Mallon added: "A lot of them are really struggling to fully recover and to return to baseline activities and their baseline work and that is a real concern from the point of view of how we live with this virus".

eagle eye wrote: »
    Friends who has antibodies after three months and not after six months.

How do you know they don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Polar101

Fergal Bowers on SixOne news " numbers in ICU, down a bit to 42 " !
    Some reporter :(

Numbers in ICU are down 2 because those 2 people died yesterday in ICU , RIP .

Yeah, ICU numbers going down sounds good, but the reason behind it isn't always good. I wish they'd think about that sometimes.

spookwoman wrote: »
    03-11-2020-p1.jpg
    03-11-2020-p2.jpg
    03-11-2020-p3.jpg
    03-11-2020-p4.jpg
    03-11-2020-p5.jpg
    03-11-2020-p6.jpg

Thanks !
    Now that 's what I call reporting :)
    Yourself and Ohmeha are the best .

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

Seamai wrote: »
    Sounds like a great day, hope you had clear weather to appreciate the stunning views, the Coomloughra horseshoe isn't for wimps, I'd say you slept well that night.

It was crystal clear! My fourth time doing it and the first time I've seen anything - but we saw everything! Couldn't believe our luck.

• Advertisement

Polar101 wrote: »
    Yeah, ICU numbers going down sounds good, but the reason behind it isn't always good. I wish they'd think about that sometimes.

Think Fergal is more interested in his Twitter following these days !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Today's numbers are a huge indicator that schools are playing a big part in transmission. We got a drop ten days after lockdown and now a sizeable drop ten days after schools closed.
    Right on cue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Let's see how things look in ten days time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I despair when I read comments alluding to 'making sacrifices so we can have a decent Christmas'. The infantilisation of Irish society by our politicians, media and NPHET continues to have increased effect.

This is the same passive and ignorant peasant mindset that allowed us to be dominated by the English, then by the Protestant Ascendancy and finally by the Catholic Church with the support of the repressive state apparatus.

You are a grown up. Make grown up decisions. Be considerate of others. Thats it.

I despair when listening to dictator types.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭snotboogie

858 deaths reported in France today. I think they always have a bit of backlog on Tuesday but that is the worst death number since April. Europe likely to see close to 4,000 deaths reported today, by far the worst number since April

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

So good to see the numbers coming down so quick but I'm afraid of a spike towards the end of the week as a result of all the halloween parties etc,
    Hard to believe we will keep the numbers low enough for them to open us back up at the start of December, even though that would make for quite a good Christmas in my opinion if they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Schools closed 8 days ago so have zero impact on recent drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭techdiver

Amazing that the schools closing was the only thing that happened around that time also?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

Anyone know what's happening in Switzerland? It's like they've let all the French in or something. Is it not a bit early for skiing yet?

Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

600 died in France today, absolute madness they let that happen again

We are some dummies in the West, governed by absolute morons

When this thing is over people might finally realise the brains of the world are over in Korea, China etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement