Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'd say NPHET will express opposition to this.

https://twitter.com/RTENewsPaulC/status/1323949129354137601

It's kind of a red herring as i don't think there are actually any orange countries left in the EU (may be wrong).
    Almost everyone, including ourselves are now red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Your argument has the advantage of a clear immediate threat and the luxury of a moral high ground. As the years drag on, it will be interesting to see whether you stand by all that unfolds and confidently stand by the argument that the price we paid was worth it.

It's you who is claiming the moral high ground with a plethora of societal problems which were in full flight before the emergence of a novel pathogen. Glad someone is looking out for the most vulnerable.

It's also true that your argument was easier to understand during the summer when a large number of people were jetting off for the summer holidays. There is always a proportion of squirrels who'll say we don't need to collect nuts for winter during the summer. Luckily we didn't listen to them. The squirrels must be louder in Belgium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It's kind of a red herring as i don't think there are actually any orange countries left in the EU (may be wrong).
    What about Holland?
    It has been orange for a long time.
    A real long time.

Exactly. Also Sweden looking very red compared to its neighbours.

531720.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah Dr. Holohan was being asked about green countries yesterday and said likelihood is most EU countries could be red by time Christmas comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Exactly. Also Sweden looking very red compared to its neighbours.

531720.png

Looking at that map how did Ireland screw up so badly.

At least the Swedes can blame an incredibly strong democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Golfman64

Very good news for a Wednesday. This was, to be fair, the minimum intention of the EU Policy. They would have liked this to also apply to Red countries but given current levels - a reduction to 5 days of the ‘restriction of movements’ advice following a negative test would be a positive step for travellers departing from ‘Red’ countries.

Slowly but surely the leisure travel industry can restart safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

And that’s from a few days ago in terms of modelling. I’d wager it’s even lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

And that’s from a few days ago in terms of modelling. I’d wager it’s even lower.

Hopefully it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hello. I have some free time this evening if there are any questions people want answered on this topic. Today was a good day in our fight against the virus. Keep up the good work all.

Eh....who are you exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 TheDeep

El Sueño wrote: »

He is very important and all his posts should be stickies by the mods according to himself.

Looking at that map how did Ireland screw up so badly.

At least the Swedes can blame an incredibly strong democracy.

I don't know but do you recall we had quite a few people who seemed to think it was much about nothing. Perhaps you could ask yourself that question? .:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Voters main concern in the US is the economy, not Covid. The voters are getting their say in the US...(and I'm not a fan of Trump in any way, shape or form).
    While numbers are coming down here, and Level 5 is working. Was there a need for it? It's costing us billions which we do not have.

https://www.rte.ie/news/us-election-2020/2020/1103/1175601-us-election-2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

El Sueño wrote: »

Seems like he might be an expert, and a survivor of the grim reapers terrifying rampage through Melbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

While numbers are coming down here, and Level 5 is working. Was there a need for it? It's costing us billions which we do not have.

No worries. The card is still tappin for the government. It will be grand. You should buy some Christmas decorations online, that will cheer you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If it's a Minister announcing a measure, it's been ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

Thread is very quiet today and last few days too. Are people getting tired of covid or are the regular posters all over on the US election threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

prunudo wrote: »
    Thread is very quiet today and last few days too. Are people getting tired of covid or are the regular posters all over on the US election threads.

Yes they have been, dont know about others but I have made decision recently to get back to safely living in the offline world. Life can't wait forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

My brother was taken to hospital in an ambulance a couple of days ago with suspected covid, he was very ill. He's in Malta but the tests they've done are coming back as negative even though the doctors are convinced he has the virus, and this is how it is spreading as people are told the tests are negative.
    I wouldn't be surprised if half of them aren't even giving the correct diagnosis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

My Dad had a heart attack and is in CCU in Dublin. Im a little worried as there has been people go on in with one issue and come out with cv19. Im not allowed in to see him or anywhere near the ward, Im only info from the nurse or doctor via a phone call, which is of course is limited detail. I appreciate the docs and nurses considering they have to provide the level of care they do but now also have to act at the go-between on calls and with getting their personal things to them etc. He has Asperger's and type II bipolar so that won't help with his condition as he will be anxious etc Its as if it hasn't happened and it hasn't sunk in yet because I wasn't allowed with him. I understand to a certain extent how those people who had lost family during the first lock down or to covid must of felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Personally I am just getting on with my life and work and ignoring everything (including restrictions). Just going to the office every day with my essential letter (written by myself) although I haven't been asked for it.

Obviously retail is closed but that doesn't affect me much. The city seems to be as busy as in level 3 so I think most people are doing the same.

My Dad had a heart attack and is in CCU in Dublin. Im a little worried as there has been people go on in with one issue and come out with cv19. Im not allowed in to see him or anywhere near the ward, Im only info from the nurse or doctor via a phone call, which is of course is limited detail. I appreciate the docs and nurses considering they have to provide the level of care they do but now also have to act at the go-between on calls and with getting their personal things to them etc. He has Asperger's and type II bipolar so that won't help with his condition as he will be anxious etc Its as if it hasn't happened and it hasn't sunk in yet because I wasn't allowed with him. I understand to a certain extent how those people who had lost family during the first lock down or to covid must of felt.
    having a parent with heart attack especially out of the blue is always stressful from personal experience. Remember Nephet and the government told hospitals that they should do everything in their power to at least nominate one indivdual that could visit for compassionate reasons in certain cases. We have had posters here post on that. I hope he gets better. Pm me if you like. maybe skype/zoom call with your dad facilitated by a staff member might help. But just remember he might be hooked up to equipment so prepare yourself for that. At least he is not in ICU. I think Aspergers and type 2 bipolar would qualify and that might reduce his anxiety which in turn would help the staff.

My brother was taken to hospital in an ambulance a couple of days ago with suspected covid, he was very ill. He's in Malta but the tests they've done are coming back as negative even though the doctors are convinced he has the virus, and this is how it is spreading as people are told the tests are negative.
    I wouldn't be surprised if half of them aren't even giving the correct diagnosis.

Dont rule out that it might not be covid just yet. Down here we had another nasty virus amongst 20 to 50 year old. With people having neuro effects and losing power etc in their arms and legs. Make sure they dont become one track minded with covid... unless there are clear physical signs pointing that way re bloods and imaging and clinical symptoms. All of which you can hear about in videos by actual doctors discussing like on medcram etc.
    I hope he recovers well must be stressful of you are in Ireland and he is there. does he have family over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

I'm calling it early........Covid is over, we've won!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

speckle wrote: »
    Dont rule out that it might not be covid just yet. Down here we had another nasty virus amongst 20 to 50 year old. With people having neuro effects and losing power etc in their arms and legs. Make sure they dont become one track minded with covid... unless there are clear physical signs pointing that way re bloods and imaging and clinical symptoms. All of which you can hear about in videos by actual doctors discussing like on medcram etc.
    I hope he recovers well

Yeah he's been coughing up blood etc, but the CT scans show no cancer so that's good. Malta has great healthcare so he's in good hands.

Yeah he's been coughing up blood etc, but the CT scans show no cancer so that's good. Malta has great healthcare so he's in good hands.

Thats true about Maltas healthcare. Must be hard but hopefully he will be one of the vast majority that pull through if it is covid. Keep the chin up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

sideswipe wrote: »
    I'm calling it early........Covid is over, we've won!

We're still awaiting the votes from the Swedish Jury

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

All the epidemiology experts are now US political experts for a few days.
    It's tough at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

Treepole wrote: »
    All the epidemiology experts are now US political experts for a few days.
    It's tough at the top.

Like 2008 when everyone was a financial expert.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement