Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

yes, I have to say Im not sorry to see the mink industry here stopped in its tracks. Some farmers had bern resisting / blockading their farms and authorities were having to get police involved.
    Given this new mutation development and that there is agreed full compensation for farmers, hopefully they will just let them in this time...

Do minks actually get very ill from covid themselves and die or like with other species bar humans just get on with life... if you can call it life ..living in a cage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kutebride

seamus wrote: »
    12,502 swabs, 617 positive, 4.94%. 7-day is now 4.62%.

Still good numbers, but be nice to see a sharper drop from today on.

Edit: The daily positive rate today exceeded the 7-day. But it also did that last Wednesday too. May or may not be coincidence.

Just wondering there you see the figure 617 positive. Thanks.
    I see the 12,502 on the data hub.
    And I also see 4.6% on the data hub.

Not that I can see. We've more per 100k than they do. That's excluding our own surge capacity which isn't included in the HSE report, also not sure if NI include surge capacity in their report.

Thanks Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Kutebride wrote: »

You need to know the total positive number from yesterday also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Kutebride wrote: »

If you have the numbers from the day before of total positives, you can subtract yesterday from today to get 617.

Or you can visit this great resource from a boardsie that tracks it each day: https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/api/swabs/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Eod100 wrote: »

Cheap mink coats this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anyone else think the US election coverage is great today? First time in 7 months that it isn't wall to wall Covid news stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

speckle wrote: »
    Thanks Stephen.

All open to correction though if surge capacity is included somewhere along the line. I also can't find a total number of public beds in Ireland, just whats available at the end of the day in the HSE report. NI provide the number on their covid dashboard, I might not be looking in the right places to find ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

mloc123 wrote: »
    Anyone else think the US election coverage is great today? First time in 7 months that it isn't wall to wall Covid news stories.

Stay on topic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

An living in DK, just saw the press conference. DK is the worlds biggest contributor to the mink farm market. We have 17million mink to be culled apparantly. Theyve been culling some farms already for a few mnths now, but this new mutation means curtains for the industry.
    Some people have been claiming that it is birds -seagulls etc that hang around the farms, that are the reason for the spread. They found covid on a seagulls foot apparantly. Now the state wants samples of birds ftom affected areas to be tested. Theyre enlisting the hunting association to help.
    They said worst case scenario its a new pandemic but its up to international biologists to make the decision on whether its a new "Covid20".

That seems like a stunning loss of life to exterminate at the drop of a hat could they not just do consistent testing and quarantine and observance of the few people who handle process the mink at close contact??

• Advertisement

Yes, not to downplay the seriousness of it but as a conversation point it's pretty dull, just loads of stats. Forgot what it was like to have consistent coverage of other stypes of tories and events

Yes, not to downplay the seriousness of it but as a conversation point it's pretty dull, just loads of stats, for the most part. Forgot what it was like to have consistent coverage of other stypes of tories and events

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

bb1234567 wrote: »
    That seems like a stunning loss of life to exterminate at the drop of a hat could they not just do consistent testing and quarantine and observance of the few people who handle process the mink at close contact??

Minister: Alarming that the mink variant has affected people outside the industry

https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/europe-aj/europe-covid-19-sept-13-2020-may-31-2021/893095-denmark-coronavirus-detected-in-207-mink-farms-all-danish-mink-must-be-killed-because-coronavirus-has-mutated-and-has-spread-to-humans-12-people-registered-with-the-mutated-virus/page3#post897857

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Of the #COVID19 cases notified today;
    •208 are men / 235 are women
    •61% are under 45 years of age
    •The median age is 37 years old
    •158 in Dublin, 48 in Cork, 36 in Galway, 28 in Limerick and 174 cases spread across 19 other counties.v

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Saving a few of the positive swabs to make it look like a huge increase in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Strangely low number of cases in Galway yesterday, 5 and then 36 today. Seems to happen like that for quite a few counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Saving a few of the positive swabs to make it look like a huge increase in a few days.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTbjrlo1OKALBoNq7J1jvnojW6tPXJ4e-_VJA&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

I can't be the only one uncomfortable with the fact Zara King is now a "celebrity"

Arghus wrote: »
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTbjrlo1OKALBoNq7J1jvnojW6tPXJ4e-_VJA&usqp=CAU

I'd use one made of rubber if I were you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Numbers are all over the shop at this stage vs swabs, high when low, low when high

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Strangely low number of cases in Galway yesterday, 5 and then 36 today. Seems to happen like that for quite a few counties.

Was just thinking that as well Waterfords been up and down like a yoyo the last few weeks as well as regards numbers

:confused::confused::confused:

Shin

MOR316 wrote: »
    I can't be the only one uncomfortable with the fact Zara King is now a "celebrity"

A household name now. She'll have her own show soon

Thinking it has possibly to do with contact tracing as mentioned somewhere before in the maze of posts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Seamai wrote: »
    Cheap mink coats this Christmas.

Aye fur coats and no knickers, that about sums up the economies of Europe with covid battering us all again

But to be honest, those mink have no life, culling them will be at least an end to a miserable existence, and, if covid mutates through them, it’s very necessary to stop a new strain developing.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    A household name now. She'll have her own show soon

Christ...

"Karaoke with King"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Jeeez this thread is gone very quiet

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Jeeez this thread is gone very quiet

They are all over in the US election thread, I peeped in, theyre all in there

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

They are all over in the US election thread, I peeped in, theyre all in there

:(

Indeed battle of the ould farts trumps covid :-)

• Advertisement

screamer wrote: »
    Indeed battle of the ould farts trumps covid :-)

I wonder if you say something about schools or a vaccine would it come back to life?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement