Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Jeeez this thread is gone very quiet

Think people are just getting on with it now, only so much end of the world nonsense you can listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Thanks just reading that... possibilities from that
    -potentially messes up the vaccine
    -harsher strain
    -potential for a new more harmless strain

I actually would hope for later, as some interesting research starting to bubble up that pet owners may have already some sort of helpful immunity.

Need to wait for more info/research regarding the workers affected.
    And need to look back at Norways less harmful but more transmittable strain..were did it come from? And were did the spanish new variant arrive from?
    And then trace how people with those variants doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

04-11-2020-p1.jpg
    04-11-2020-p2.jpg
    04-11-2020-p3.jpg
    04-11-2020-p4.jpg
    04-11-2020-p5.jpg
    04-11-2020-p6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

niallo27 wrote: »
    Think people are just getting on with it now, only so much end of the world nonsense you can listen to.

That sentiment has transferred to the old farts thread and they’re battling it out as for some Trump winning is the end of the world, for others it’s Biden..... they’ll be back on here once they’ve slugged it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

niallo27 wrote: »

Just as light comes and this crap is nearing the end

Those clowns in mainland Europe have made Covid20

Covid19 went from a human to seagulls to minks and came back to humans as Covid20 and not responding well to Covid19 antibodies

They burning 20 million minks now, looking for infected seagulls and don't know how many humans have this Covid20

We really over rate out intelligence

• Advertisement

Thierry12 wrote: »
    We really over rate out intelligence

Become a cat. Highly intelligent. Covid a walk in the park for them and already have medicines to treat coronaviruses ;)

Spookwoman, from your charts, would you be able to give an approx number of how many beds cc/icu etc. That they should try and obtain to be comfortable re hospitilsations levels? No sign/news at the moment that they are using this L5 to up them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

speckle wrote: »
    Become a cat. Highly intelligent. Covid a walk in the park for them and already have medicines to treat coronaviruses ;)

It's cars that get cats not Corona. No cure for getting hit by a tonne of fast metal.

It's cars that get cats not Corona. No cure for getting hit by a tonne of fast metal.

Yes but they have nine lives unlike us mere mortals. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Polar101

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Jeeez this thread is gone very quiet

Apparently there's something else happening too, and Boards is acting up so it's hard to read any threads.

That mink story sounds pretty shocking, let's see what comes out of it.

• Advertisement

Donegal kerry and Laois have mink farms as of last year, but Ireland signed up to have them phased out. No idea of their status at the the moment. I presume dept of Agriculture testing them. We have run away minks as well. Cant say I blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Denmark is going to lose an industry worth between 350 and 400 million euro when they cull the mink, and no EU money to prop that up. That’s huge cost to undertake to try and save humans from this new mutation, credit to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

screamer wrote: »
    Denmark is going to lose an industry worth between 350 and 400 million euro when they cull the mink, and no EU money to prop that up. That’s huge cost to undertake to try and save humans from this new mutation, credit to them.

Having very large numbers of animals, whether its mammals or poultry in close proximity to each other is just a recipie for disaster. We see it time and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

speckle wrote: »
    Spookwoman, from your charts, would you be able to give an approx number of how many beds cc/icu etc. That they should try and obtain to be comfortable re hospitilsations levels? No sign/news at the moment that they are using this L5 to up them yet.

Havnt put all the bed data in yet still picking away at it bit by bit.
    Some of the hospital are using that Full Capacity Protocol at the moment. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/hospitals-use-last-resort-measure-to-handle-overcrowding-1-900-times-in-a-year-1.4397532
    Trolley watch https://www.inmo.ie/Trolley_Ward_Watch

The first hse op report was 14/04/2020. They had stopped most ordinary procedures at the time
    Number of vacant general beds excluding CC 2,191
    Number of vacant critical care beds 135
    Total number of critical care beds was 500 Total number of critical care beds open and staffed 415
    Occupied / reserved 280 (144 covid)
    135 Available
    On that date there was 879 covid patients in hospital

The most critical care beds listed I can see is 543 on the 28/4/2020 428 open and staffed on the 19/04/2020

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Will all be for nothing?

How many other countries have minks?

Will they do the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I don't know but do you recall we had quite a few people who seemed to think it was much about nothing. Perhaps you could ask yourself that question? .:pac:
    Looking at that map how did Ireland screw up so badly.

At least the Swedes can blame an incredibly strong democracy.

Haven't heard back but I found something that might interest you. I show's how everyones little sacrifices add up to quite a large effect over a period of time. So if you can't understand you are part of the solution then you are probably part of the problem. It will be interesting to see if enough people do enough things to get numbers down low enough to enable international travel. Wouldn't hold my breath yet.

It's a picture and a visual metaphor for exponential spread so look away those who get offended by pictures or the word exponential. This is how health systems get tipped over.

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't think there anyone would be surprised by this https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1324068150921568257?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Eod100 wrote: »
    Don't think there anyone would be surprised by this https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1324068150921568257?s=19

I actually expect Holohan to push for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Eod100 wrote: »

Didn't the WHO say that lockdowns shouldn't be the main strategy? Are Govt. considering other measures that aren't so blunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Numbers are all over the shop at this stage vs swabs, high when low, low when high

There would be no real correlation between daily swabs and daily case numbers, there’s a lot of factors when it comes to testing, re-testing and determining new cases. It’s not a same day process.

Also in the HUB it displays the amount of daily tests but it doesn’t display the actual positive swabs for those daily tests...it just shows a running total which are assuming that any additions is from the previous 24 hours which strictly might not be the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

If Chinese government had shown similar initiative the world may not be in this mess

On that note today the world looks set to report over 10,000 covid deaths in one day, by far the highest one day total since the pandemic began, while China continues with allegedly zero cases. Not even South Korea can keep covid deaths to zero, what a load of ****e, CHina could at least be honest about how many deaths are occurring there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Closing the schools doesn't seem to have done them any good.

How can anyone know that? The numbers could be double what they are now with schools open, who knows? How do you know? It's the 3rd time you've posted this idea in the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

How can anyone know that? The numbers could be double what they are now with schools open, who knows? How do you know? It's the 3rd time you've posted this idea in the past week.

In relation to Northern Ireland? I haven't commented on it prior to now. The schools closed in Northern Ireland for an extra week, and their case positivity rate is very high. By contrast, the case positivity rate here has fallen to below 5%, and the schools were not closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Anyone see the story on Rte about the boy left with life long ilness after the swine flu vaccine? Since kids aren't really affected by this coronavirus atall I think I might not get my kids done. Not worth the risk ? Any thoughts?

Do some research rather than basing an opinion on one boys story

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Haven't heard back but I found something that might interest you. I show's how everyones little sacrifices add up to quite a large effect over a period of time. So if you can't understand you are part of the solution then you are probably part of the problem. It will be interesting to see if enough people do enough things to get numbers down low enough to enable international travel. Wouldn't hold my breath yet.

It's a picture and a visual metaphor for exponential spread so look away those who get offended by pictures or the word exponential. This is how health systems get tipped over.

source.gif

What sort of nonsense is this?

Doesn’t really explain how Ireland have done so poorly, certainly not so far ahead of Sweden

Not that I was expecting an explanation tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I actually expect Holohan to push for longer.

The mad thing is they actually made the exact same error twice.

R had started to come down just before the 1st lockdown (this one's forgivable) but this time around the error is even starker. This one was ridiculous.

And of course now we're committed, again. If it wasn't so serious you'd have to laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Looking at that map how did Ireland screw up so badly.

At least the Swedes can blame an incredibly strong democracy.
    I don't know but do you recall we had quite a few people who seemed to think it was much about nothing. Perhaps you could ask yourself that question? .:pac:
    What sort of nonsense is this?

Doesn’t really explain how Ireland have done so poorly, certainly not so far ahead of Sweden

Not that I was expecting an explanation tbh

If you can't see it then I can't help you.

A large proportion of people couldn't give a fvck.

Large enough to offset what other people are doing.

So we all get hammered with a lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

If you can't see it then I can't help you.

A large proportion of people couldn't give a fvck.

Large enough to offset what other people are doing.

So we all get hammered with a lockdown.

This is a strange argument.

Anyhow, I’ve seen you debate against logic with irrational nonsense earlier today so I know when there’s no point

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Didn't the WHO say that lockdowns shouldn't be the main strategy? Are Govt. considering other measures that aren't so blunt.

They did except
    to reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers

• Advertisement

Anyone see the story on Rte about the boy left with life long ilness after the swine flu vaccine? Since kids aren't really affected by this coronavirus atall I think I might not get my kids done. Not worth the risk ? Any thoughts?

Have a conversation with your GP, they and you knows your kids medical history best. Inform yourself by looking at WHO HSE and CDC etc websites so you can converse with the GP. We are not allowed give any medical advise here by the rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement