Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

PopTarts wrote: »
    Don’t we have a backlog of 200ish to see at some stage from yesterday?

Wonder when they will throw those in.

Does that backlog have to be added eventually, what happens with repeat 'serial' testing where a positive is not counted as a case because it's a repeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Poland just hit 40% positivity rate, 27k cases :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Maybe not surprising...

Warsaw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

mloc123 wrote: »
    Maybe not surprising...

Warsaw

Now that is surprising! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Eod100 wrote: »
    Poor Bryan Dobson trying to get a straight answer out of Donnelly now. Seems to be hinting that restrictions could be at county level for Christmas but context of they're examining options so don't know yet. Wouldn't see how that could work with people hoping to travel between counties for Christmas tbh.

Funny how different people react to the same information.

I was listening to that (at lunchtime) & was thinking interviewer was confused & believed he had Mystic Meg on the line!

How the f- did he expect Donnelly to state with confidence what the situation will be/what restrictions will be in place for Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 feedmindc19

Quick question, So I had a high tempeture 2days ago took some paracetmol felt lousy went to bed, So next morning my appetite isnt great till the afternoonish time then im back to feeling my usual self by the evening. Is this what people are getting tested for? Should I have gone and got a test?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

NI reporting R of .7 in the community.

To be honest with how their numbers seem to fluctuate not sure how they can be confident of that estimate

https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1324388280855678980?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Quick question, So I had a high tempeture 2days ago took some paracetmol felt lousy went to bed, So next morning my appetite isnt great till the afternoonish time then im back to feeling my usual self by the evening. Is this what people are getting tested for? Should I have gone and got a test?
    `

You must be new here.......to the planet I mean!
    Yes of course if you have symptoms you get tested! This is to stop you giving it to others if you are infectious but carrying on about your business as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Positivity jumped nearly 5% there

Italy similar, positivity rate climbing by over 1% almost every single day

Fairly brutal winter ahead for mainland Europe..dunno how much good these 4 week lockdown they all have planned will do. Seems like a very short period of time considering how long it took to reach full impact back in April

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

To be honest with how their numbers seem to fluctuate not sure how they can be confident of that estimate

I don't see how they can claim 0.7 with the case numbers they have daily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

Life has to go on in some of these countries. They cant afford to be bailed out by Corporation (and other) Tax from tech/pharma like we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I don't see how they can claim 0.7 with the case numbers they have daily.

Their numbers are significantly lower than last week, so do the math's

• Registered Users Posts: 18,054 ✭✭✭✭rob316

NPHET meeting for a review, it be nice if they decided to just open gyms again. The weather is ****ing miserable its hard to get some exercise in lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

manniot2 wrote: »
    Life has to go on in some of these countries. They cant afford to be bailed out by Corporation (and other) Tax from tech/pharma like we can.

Europe is bailing all E.U. nations out :confused:

As long as the test criteria is consistent the R estimate could be reasonable even if they are missing loads

rob316 wrote: »
    NPHET meeting for a review, it be nice if they decided to just open gyms again. The weather is ****ing miserable its hard to get some exercise in lately.

Not sure what part of the country you are in but the weather gas been great for getting out and about on the east coast this week anyway, cool, calm and crisp atm.

manniot2 wrote: »

Life can't go on like this
    There's 150,000+ Europeans in hospital with COVID, 4000 europeans died of covid yesterday, 14,000 people die on a normal day in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

As long as the test criteria is consistent the R estimate could be reasonable even if they are missing loads

With a positivity rate between 19-25% (seems to flap daily) for the last 3-4 weeks, it is hard to believe reproduction is just 0.7

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

No briefing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Arghus wrote: »
    No briefing today?

5.30ish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

frank8211 wrote: »
    It would be easy to do here. There are only 3 places with them and they were to be abolished soon anyway

Yeah some pretty shocking video coming out from what's going on there now. I didn't know much about the industry but for the sake of a fancy coat it's a disgrace. We were great at pointing the finger at the Chinese and their wet markets. Not hard to see how it would mutate.

This industry should have been outlawed decades ago.:eek:

Viewer discretion strongly advised!

https://twitter.com/PETAUK/status/1324356419123056640?s=20

mloc123 wrote: »
    With a positivity rate between 19-25% (seems to flap daily) for the last 3-4 weeks, it is hard to believe reproduction is just 0.7

If they are catching and missing the same type of cases the data may be sh*te, but consistently sh*te, therefore comparable for trending purposed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Life can't go on like this
    There's 150,000+ Europeans in hospital with COVID, 4000 europeans died of covid yesterday, 14,000 people die on a normal day in the EU

of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 feedmindc19

sideswipe wrote: »
    `

You must be new here.......to the planet I mean!
    Yes of course if you have symptoms you get tested! This is to stop you giving it to others if you are infectious but carrying on about your business as normal.

Honestly? My immune system was run down for a day got some rest back to good shape the next , and I was ment to take a test for that. so getting what felt like a common cold to me also from overworking and prob alot to do with bad diet, I should have took a test put my partner out of work for 2weeks and stopped my children from going to school. I'm truly baffled so what happened to the common cold and flu?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

With a positivity rate as high as theirs its quite impossible to judge actual growth, strange announcement by dear Arlene

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Who's in hospital and what are they posting? Sounds interesting. Might not be the right place to discuss.

There was a link a few posts above mine about a woman in the UK, of course I wish anyone in hospital well, I just find it a bit odd that people would make selfie videos from their beds and upload them to Twitter. I'd be focusing on my recovery personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

El Sueño wrote: »
    There was a link a few posts above mine about a woman in the UK, of course I wish anyone in hospital well, I just find it a bit odd that people would make selfie videos from their beds and upload them to Twitter. I'd be focusing on my recovery personally.

I get you, I didn't see that sorry. I make a point of not looking at them ever. I agree 100% with you. There's a time for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

El Sueño wrote: »

The lad in an Irish hospital that posted form his bed while paralysed really impressed me.

Honestly? My immune system was run down for a day got some rest back to good shape the next , and I was ment to take a test for that. so getting what felt like a common cold to me also from overworking and prob alot to do with bad diet, I should have took a test put my partner out of work for 2weeks and stopped my children from going to school. I'm truly baffled so what happened to the common cold and flu?

I suppose the best advice is ring your GP if your not sure. High temp is one of the bigger flags though.

• Advertisement

MicktheMan wrote: »
    of?

Yep belgian and French icu are overwhelmed with broken legs and car accident victims who happened to test positive I've heard , such a farce this whole thing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement