Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm paraphrasing, because I'm not going to search back through your post history for exact quotes, but you made almost identical comments to the ones I alluded to. Plenty on here will support me on that.

I don't remember any calculations being attached, and if they were they were obviously incorrect as we have had both a second wave and a second lockdown.

I remember them and there were no calculations attached.

He made a prediction, based on his own opinion, in relation to going back to Lockdown, as we were under between March and June, as I did and many others. Can't speak for anyone else but, my prediction was based on the impact on society, not data

On one hand, we were wrong. We went to a Level 5.
    On the other hand, we were right. It was nothing like the lockdown between March and June

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm paraphrasing, because I'm not going to search back through your post history for exact quotes, but you made almost identical comments to the ones I alluded to. Plenty on here will support me on that.

I don't remember any calculations being attached, and if they were they were obviously incorrect as we have had both a second wave and a second lockdown.
    So the answer is no, I didn't make baseless mathematical predictions like other posters.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Polar101

So is 'gastropub' the new term for any pub that has an Apache pizza or a Romayos next door?

My local serves fairly decent food, but even they aren't calling themselves a gastropub (or a wet pub).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So the answer is no, I didn't make baseless mathematical predictions like other posters. Cheers.
    You've made many incorrect predictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Polar101 wrote: »
    So is 'gastropub' the new term for any pub that has an Apache pizza or a Romayos next door?

My local serves fairly decent food, but even they aren't calling themselves a gastropub (or a wet pub).

No I believe a gastro pub by definition has a kitchen on site with qualified cooks/chefs.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    You've made many incorrect predictions.
    As have you? You're talking like you're a saint.
    You predicted a positivity rate of 4% by yesterday.

As have you?
    Name them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

**** me, take it to pms

Name them
    Awkward
    534351.PNG

copeyhagen wrote: »
    **** me, take it to pms
    I've told the poster to message me, they're absolutely obsessed.

I will not reply anymore.

• Advertisement

Awkward
    That's very minor, I didn't have figures at the time.

I've told the poster to message me, they're absolutely obsessed.
    I'm not obsessed, just annoyed at the hypocrisy of questioning everybody's predictions and not doing one yourself.

Anyways we'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Can't wait for this covid sh1te to end. Not just for restrictions and guidelines etc. Just sick of hearing about it now and I think a lot of people need it behind them as they are becoming obsessed.

Wifey is a doctor in a Dublin hospital and she's been primarily working with covid since March. Back then, from end of March until the beginning of summer things were quite grim and I saw the toll it took on her. Both mentally and physically. Constant worry which we later learned was mostly driven by fear. Fear stemming from a combination of dealing with the unknown and that which the media were spreading. Once things eased and more knowledge acquired, my wife has been back to her usual self. Even the increase back at the end of September/October didnt phase her. And she's not worried at all about things opening back up for Christmas. She has a holistic view on health as a medical professional and she refuses to let covid be the only show in town.

She's off next Tuesday and Wednesday and she suggested a meal and a drink. She'll be back to the gym next week. And she's also suggested the cinema. Not a hope was she considering any of these things initially when everything started slowly opening back up over the course of the summer. But its different now. She's part of the many that see behind the surface of these daily case numbers. She sees day in and day out what needs to be protected in terms of a health care system. I've no first hand experience with any of this other than what I hear from her. But I know my wife and the ups and downs of the various stresses in her life. I know when she has lost a patient without her saying anything. I know when it's been a tough day for her without any words being shared. And I can honestly say I do not see any of her usual signs. She has no worry or fear regarding covid like she did earlier this year. And if she does not have those. Then there is no reason for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Looks like Tuesday for retail and Friday for gyms etc
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1332338476864385024?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Looks like Tuesday for retail and Friday for gyms etc
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1332338476864385024?s=19

well that would be a massive disappointment. I was looking forward to being back in the gym on Wednesday (then Tuesday).

I can't understand any rational in allowing some stuff to start Tuesday but others on Friday. If it is the same week then why the extra delays? What on earth do they accomplish?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭circadian

well that would be a massive disappointment. I was looking forward to being back in the gym on Wednesday (then Tuesday).

I can't understand any rational in allowing some stuff to start Tuesday but others on Friday. If it is the same week then why the extra delays? What on earth do they accomplish?

Slower opening of everything prevents rushes everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Can't wait for this covid sh1te to end. Not just for restrictions and guidelines etc. Just sick of hearing about it now and I think a lot of people need it behind them as they are becoming obsessed.

We all can't wait. Imagine turning on the News and no covid updates. Imagine no more Tomas Ryan Gerry Killeen, Sam Mcconkey polluting the minds with their fear mongering views. Poor old George Lee would have to find a new topic to get worried about.

I just saw on Twitter that a recommendation will be issued for people to wear facemasks when cooking Christmas dinner.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Our Mental Health correspondent George Lee!

• Advertisement

I just saw on Twitter that a recommendation will be issued for people to wear facemasks when cooking Christmas dinner.......

Yup, they must be up in the clouds anyway if they think that'll be widely done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Ha another brilliant idea lol

Scrap that looks like back for Tuesday now

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1332344488749109248?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Awkward
    534351.PNG

I completely understand the irony in me posting this link, but can you please attach a little self awareness here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

10,715 tests, 318 positive. 2.97% positivity.

7-day rate down to 2.63%

Last four Fridays:

20/11: 388
    13/11: 523
    6/11: 502
    30/10: 684

6 out of the last 7 days have seen a positivity rate of less than 3%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

We all can't wait. Imagine turning on the News and no covid updates. Imagine no more Tomas Ryan Gerry Killeen, Sam Mcconkey polluting the minds with their fear mongering views. Poor old George Lee would have to find a new topic to get worried about.

Funnily enough Killeen was on Eamon Dunphy's podcast the other day and was very positive about the vaccine situation and the prospect of a return to normality. Definitely worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

seamus wrote: »

7-day rate down to 2.63%

Last four Fridays:

Not terrible, if we can hold at between 200-400 daily it would be great.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Awkward
    534351.PNG

Mod:

The bickering between you both stops now. Put each other on ignore and don't respond to each other

The next instance of this will see you both threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

The russians have vaccinated 2000 soldiers already with zig zig sputnik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

seamus wrote: »

7-day rate down to 2.63%

Last four Fridays:

Would like to be seeing lower swab figures but still not too bad

Mid 300s again today I would think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement