Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I just saw on Twitter that a recommendation will be issued for people to wear facemasks when cooking Christmas dinner.......
    Is that like the Trump Maradona/Madonna joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

is_that_so wrote: »
    Is that like the Trump Maradona/Madonna joke?

I believe Mike Ryan of the W.H.O. actually made that suggestion. Open to correction of course.

I believe Mike Ryan of the W.H.O. actually made that suggestion. Open to correction of course.
    Not a suggestion you'd expect anyone will embrace save the easily alarmed. Pretty horrible way to work in a hot kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I completely understand the irony in me posting this link, but can you please attach a little self awareness here. Thanks.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

eagle eye wrote: »
    You've made many incorrect predictions.

Nothing changes on New Years Day, on New Years Day

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Irish times reporting rules on pubs and restaurants to be unchanged. 6 at a table, 1hr 45 mins if 1m between tables, no limit on time when 2m

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

pauldry wrote: »
    The russians have vaccinated 2000 soldiers already with zig zig sputnik

On first glance I read that as zig & zags spunk!

Also from Irish Times, a piece on ISAG aka Zero COVID.
    Ireland should keep in place current Level 5 restrictions against Covid-19 until each county attains zero cases, according to a group of scientists advocating the elimination of the virus.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-level-5-restrictions-should-stay-until-each-county-has-zero-cases-1.4421336

Confirmed on RTE

The Cabinet has approved a plan that will see all retail outlets, hairdressers, museums, libraries and gyms open next Tuesday.
    Then on Friday 4 December restaurants and pubs that have a kitchen and serve food will reopen.

On Friday 18 December until 6 January people can travel around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Golfman64

is_that_so wrote: »

As I read it, they are effectively suggesting that every county border/road crossing be policed and each county strive for zero covid. This article really portrays how out of touch with reality these guys are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I have arranged a day for my dad to visit a relative in Galway on the 6th of January, they haven’t seen each other in nearly a year .
    Will travel relaxing mean from midnight the 18th to midnight on the 6th of January or midnight on the 5th of January. Hotel booked so wondering if I need to change dates.

Golfman64 wrote: »
    As I read it, they are effectively suggesting that every county border/road crossing be policed and each county strive for zero covid. This article really portrays how out of touch with reality these guys are!

Thankfully government ministers have ruled out the Zero Covid approach. I would imagine though their desire for ZC would change if they were placed on the PUP benefit if their policy was pursued.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

bb1234567 wrote:
    We are number one!

And the credit has to go to NPHET for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Not all of it. There was a big buy-in and general sense from a lot of the public - even many of those not adhering strictly to the restrictions. Kudos where kudos are due.

So the public had no part to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

What about the public who adhered to the restrictions? Or are they just careless people who go around spreading the virus on purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Incorrect. The credit goes to the Irish people who have had to live through this medical dictatorship.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

So the public had no part to play?
    They followed advice from NPHET. It's their advice that's gotten us to where we are. Might be a good idea to continue to take their advice on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ficheall wrote: »
    Not all of it. There was a big buy-in and general sense from a lot of the public - even many of those not adhering strictly to the restrictions. Kudos where kudos are due.

Whilst I agree that ‘we’ deserve a chunk of credit (bar the small % of cnuts who think they are more important than everyone else) so do NPHET.

The next time people want to start saying they ‘haven’t a clue’, ‘the restrictions make no sense’ or ‘they are anti X,Y or Z’, remember that maybe, just maybe, they know more about how to handle a pandemic than you or me.

They followed advice from NPHET. It's their advice that's gotten us to where we are. Might be a good idea to continue to take their advice on board.

Funny that a friend of mine whose daughter is the head of nursing in a Midlands nursing home ignored Nphet's advice yet to date she had no victim to Covid even when Tony was advising against restricting visitors she did her own thing.
    Lots of people are capable of being sensible without deferring to 'experts'.

Funny that a friend of mine whose daughter is the head of nursing in a Midlands nursing home ignored Nphet's advice yet to date she had no victim to Covid even when Tony was advising against restricting visitors she did her own thing. Lots of people are capable of being sensible without deferring to 'experts'.
    Have you proof of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

it's baffling how people can simultaneously celebrate reducing covid case numbers while also trashing NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Funny that a friend of mine whose daughter is the head of nursing in a Midlands nursing home ignored Nphet's advice yet to date she had no victim to Covid even when Tony was advising against restricting visitors she did her own thing.
    Lots of people are capable of being sensible without deferring to 'experts'.

are you saying a nursing home ignored all covid safety advice?? and you think that's a good thing. jesus wept

Benimar wrote: »
    Whilst I agree that ‘we’ deserve a chunk of credit (bar the small % of cnuts who think they are more important than everyone else) so do NPHET.

The next time people want to start saying they ‘haven’t a clue’, ‘the restrictions make no sense’ or ‘they are anti X,Y or Z’, remember that maybe, just maybe, they know more about how to handle a pandemic than you or me.
    They do and they don't. 6 weeks was also an educated guess, one that proved as wrong as some of their other ones on case predictions, but they have shown themselves to be more aware, on this occasion, to things other than the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

froog wrote: »
    are you saying a nursing home ignored all covid safety advice?? and you think that's a good thing. jesus wept
    Presumably he means at the start of the outbreak, in which case, yes, it was a good thing. Obviously there will have been some overlap in common sense since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The low numbers are 90% down to the Irish public. At a minimum

• Advertisement

froog wrote: »
    For two days back in March they banned visitors in opposition to the then CMO/NPHET position.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement