Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

eagle eye wrote: »
    Have you proof of that?

Am I go to identify my mates daughter on here? Absolutely not. It's not hard to research what Midlands nursing homes had no outbreaks or deaths.
    You see Nphet as infallible, I don't . So as I suggested about another topic last night. We'll agree to disagree.
    I'm not engaging in your usual two and fro behaviour. I saw enough of that today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If we're judging NPHET purely on case numbers, and their answer to everything is to lock down - how can they lose?

We need to judge our response on a variety of factors, case numbers can be kept low if we never open up, doesn't make it the correct approach.

Well we’ve certainly become a 1 issue society it would seem...

Covid is ALL that matters.

Let’s see some more surveys. How happy are citizens would be nice to see. Unemployment rates as well. National debt another. Length of time without cancer screenings?

Ah f*ck it, sure we’ve less asymptomatic cases than other countries....

The only country in Europe to obliterate an entire sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Where are all the long covid stories gone to lately, they have just seemed to have disappeared.

AdamD wrote: »
    If we're judging NPHET purely on case numbers, and their answer to everything is to lock down - how can they lose?

We need to judge our response on a variety of factors, case numbers can be kept low if we never open up, doesn't make it the correct approach.

This!!!

How on earth can you claim we are doing “well “ just based on case numbers when our only approach is lockdown...

Heads should roll if we aren’t number 1 on that list given our response

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

They followed advice from NPHET. It's their advice that's gotten us to where we are. Might be a good idea to continue to take their advice on board.

Advice :D

If anyone needs advice to wash your hands and to stay away from others when you are sick with a virus, I'd suggest you're either a child or a ****ing moron!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Have you proof of that?
    There you go again looking for proof for something impossible to prove one way or another.Has as much credence as your relentless school agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

El Sueño wrote: »
    The low numbers are 90% down to the Irish public. At a minimum
    Low numbers *relative to five weeks ago, with enormous restrictions.

Does the blame swing both ways, so when they're inevitably out of control again in three weeks' time will it be 90% their fault? Asking because I think the approaches taken have been ludicrously misguided and clearly not been worth it.

Go big or stay home like.

They followed advice from NPHET. It's their advice that's gotten us to where we are. Might be a good idea to continue to take their advice on board.

Advice from nphet, shut everything down and enforce the strictest and longest lockdown in the world. What incredible thinking from them, any other plans lads for when we open up a bit, yes our advice is to lockdown everything. They serve no purpose any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭AssetBacked2

niallo27 wrote: »
    Where are all the long covid stories gone to lately, they have just seemed to have disappeared.

Long covid is based on anecdotal evidence, still absolutely nothing to prove it exists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭AssetBacked2

Advice from nphet, shut everything down and enforce the strictest and longest lockdown in the world. What incredible thinking from them, any other plans lads for when we open up a bit, yes our advice is to lockdown everything. They serve no purpose any longer.

Spot on.

The "Living with covid" plan has been out for months and NPHET refuse to follow it. All they want is lockdown until covid goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

what time is mickey mouse on?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Long covid is based on anecdotal evidence, still absolutely nothing to prove it exists.
    Post viral exhaustion is a thing anyway, so a variation on that most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Regardless of who agrees with what restrictions. Does anyone else think its a bit ridiculous that we can essentially get 90% of the details of The Taoiseach's speech several hours before it happens via journalists on twitter?

All seems a bit pathetic, giving journalists something in exchange for?

Must admit, I am very much looking forward to just relaxing somewhere, with a pint and a newspaper/book in front of me or looking out the window, watching the world go by. Me time!

It's a break from the everyday norm of waking up, working, going to bed.

During the summer, after working from home, I went and sat in a beer garden with a few pints and they had Michael Jackson on all evening through the speakers. Sitting there with good music, good ambiance, soaking in the summer air and relaxing with a few pints. Loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Am I go to identify my mates daughter on here? Absolutely not. It's not hard to research what Midlands nursing homes had no outbreaks or deaths. You see Nphet as infallible, I don't . So as I suggested about another topic last night. We'll agree to disagree. I'm not engaging in your usual two and fro behaviour. I saw enough of that today.
    It's amazing the notions you make up in your mind. I don't see anybody as infallible.

They've done a good job over the last couple of months. The way they were treated by Varadkar and other government idiots was wrong.

Regardless of who agrees with what restrictions. Does anyone else think its a bit ridiculous that we can essentially get 90% of the details of The Taoiseach's speech several hours before it happens via journalists on twitter?

Good press, I guess :confused:

It's the way of the world now. In every industry! Nothing stays secret any longer. There's always a whistle blower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Their advice also included no need for the public to wear facemasks until common sense prevailed, protecting the HSE from a complete overrun by the same people who have been mismanaging the HSE for years, advising that we lock away everyone until the economy is completely destroyed...

NPHET have done a terrible job destroying the country and they are smug enough to think they don't have to share their modelling with the public. They are a nonsense entity to say No to everything.

Their only saviour has been the complete shambles that is this government. This pandemic has proven again how useless our public servants are and how unaccountable they are in this country.

Anyone cheerleading NPHET has their head in the sand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

is_that_so wrote: »
    Post viral exhaustion is a thing anyway, so a variation on that most likely.

Inflammation of the heart, scarring of the lungs are symptoms of having had a viral infection prior to Covid yet these symptoms were latched upon by scaremongers to terrify the unsuspecting.
    I run marathons regularly and inflammation of the heart is common for a period after but not life threatening or life limiting.
    Sure there was even false tweets posted here about Myocarditis and Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I guess enough time passed and they're grand. Long term has gone back to its original meaning and no longer refers to still having some effects a few weeks later a la covid.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote:
    We are doing better than anybody else in Europe. Can you not see the wood from the trees!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’d agree with you about cabinet decisions being leaked.

And no prizes for guessing who is leaker in Chief.

The "Living with covid" plan has been out for months and NPHET refuse to follow it. All they want is lockdown until covid goes away.
    Do you not want covid gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

froog wrote: »
    it's baffling how people can simultaneously celebrate reducing covid case numbers while also trashing NPHET.

Yeah, the cognitive dissonance is strong.

We are doing better than anybody else in Europe. Can you not see the wood from the trees!

Heh heh, you said wood, heh heh

tenor.gif

We can't live in permanent lockdown though, ask yourself why is the rest of Europe not in permanent lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Pretty much every detail has already been revealed so what's the point of the big song and dance show at 6.

niallo27 wrote:
    We can't live in permanent lockdown though, ask yourself why is the rest of Europe not in permanent lockdown.
    Because they haven't a clue what they're at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Have you proof of that?

I don’t think you are allowed to ask for proof of anecdotes especially when they support the exact point the poster was just making.

Everyone knows handy hearsay is 100% accurate. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Seamai wrote: »
    Pretty much every detail has already been revealed so what's the point of the big song and dance show at 6.
    6.1 is still a key source of news for a fair chunk of the population and they like to hear from the leader of the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement