Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

wadacrack wrote: »
    Shocked at the restrictions regarding playing competitive sport . We know the risk is very low with it being outdoors and no prolonged contact

The problems seem to only arise in the shebeen after county finals. Up the lads! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

froog wrote: »
    i think the downward trend is over now and will probably start rising again. too many people not giving an f anymore. january will be grim. another level 5 will be needed almost certainly.

I'd say rte would have you on quick enough. Tick all the boxes. Negative, baseless claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Renjit wrote: »
    The same people at risk paid for earlier generation too. Let's not forget that. The challenges for each generation is there.

They did nothing of the sort on the scale we are seeing now.

Another massive part of getting people to accept future lockdowns will be clear guidelines on a vaccine roll out

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭aziz

D.Q wrote: »
    Another massive part of getting people to accept future lockdowns will be clear guidelines on a vaccine roll out

Like all the clear guidelines we had so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭AssetBacked2

i think the downward trend is over now and will probably start rising again. too many people not giving an f anymore. january will be grim. another level 5 will be needed almost certainly.

Basless claims of the day award goes to this BS post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

In the next few days I want to hear something from the government about their vaccine plan. The likes of the UK and Spain have already announced their intentions to the public. Time for us to do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

I'd say rte would have you on quick enough. Tick all the boxes. Negative, baseless claims.

you don't think cases will be pretty bad in january? why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Not as bad as I was expecting but looks like a backlog developing with swabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

El Sueño wrote: »
    In the next few days I want to hear something from the government about their vaccine plan. The likes of the UK and Spain have already announced their intentions to the public. Time for us to do the same
    By 11 December the plan will be sent to government. They are working on it now.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1128/1181092-covid-vaccine-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭ongarite

Big backlog or lots of follow up COVID test are still showing person as positive after week?

you don't think cases will be pretty bad in january? why?

I actually don't care about cases in the slightest.

I don't think hospital numbers or deaths will be particularly different no.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Some people are only content in the misery of others. For shame. Then I notice the join date on boards and realise their opinion is not worth a damn investing in.

So people who have just joined the forum shouldn't have an opinion :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I’m not sure what’s happening with the swabs now. By my estimation there’s a fairly considerate backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I’m not sure what’s happening with the swabs now. By my estimation there’s a fairly considerate backlog.

Yes thats a worry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

People said December would be grim too with the flu yet here we are

And it won't be as bad because of the measures taken by this government.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Fairly mad theres no cases of flu

• Advertisement

Crazy. Just shows how contagious Covid is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yes the discrepancy seems strange.

I know if someone who died suddenly during the week and they had to have a covid test before post mortem could take place. I never thought of cases like that being part of testing figures. Also of it did come back positive ( unlikely) would they count as a case if already deceased ?

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Crazy. Just shows how contagious Covid is.

Very early in flu season still. It usually takes off at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Guess with wearing masks and social distancing levels would be lower than usual and less people going to see GPs in person makes a difference. And more people getting the flu vaccine including children. Would still think it might be picked up in hospitals and residential centres though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Yes thats a worry

Does it matter? The plan is in place now, nothing changes until after Jan 6th. So, who really cares about a number each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Polar101

Can't say I mind too much. Hopefully it continues like that for a while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Basless claims of the day award goes to this BS post.
    Head in the clouds award goes to this post.

Polar101 wrote: »

I think you are in Finland. I came down with flu shortly after I moved there and the morning after I flew over and moved to a new apartment. No food in the house. . No support nearby. I’ll never forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Polar101 wrote: »

Lol

They're being counted as covid cases most likely, since the symptoms are similar.

In any case if we've magically hit zero influenza then that solves our hospital overcrowding problem surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Maybe they are offsetting the denotifications so that the number announced is the same as the total cases number increases by? No denotifications today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement