Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ironhead93 wrote: »
    Do you think we'll actually go back to level 5 in January? If we do i'm so done with Ireland

Where'll you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ironhead93

Somewhere without Tony Holohan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Do you think we'll actually go back to level 5 in January? If we do i'm so done with Ireland

In the entire and long, long, long history of people saying "If x happens then I'm done with [country name]", when x inevitably comes pass it will turn out that they are in fact not done with [country name]. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Feel the same. I want more from my life than this

Mod: Week off the forum for ignoring threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

blade1 wrote: »
    Where'll you go?
    A lot of people will likely say sweden...
    But there death rates and cases have seriously shot up recently...

https://www.ft.com/content/ef9b05a1-dd8e-49cd-b1b1-47151c93aa41

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,100 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Hooter23 wrote: »
    The lockdown is causing more harm than good...the amount of damage the lockdown is doing to peoples lives and health is far worse than any virus...and the amount of deaths caused by the lockdown is ignored and not reported...so did their lives not count or matter?

So if its ignored and not reported, how do you know how many have died " from lockdown " whatever that is ?
    Please , enlighten us !
    So much angst for unpublished numbers but don't care about anyone with an underlying condition, because according to you they are practically dying anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

gmisk wrote: »
    A lot of people will likely say sweden...
    But there death rates and cases have seriously shot up recently...

https://www.ft.com/content/ef9b05a1-dd8e-49cd-b1b1-47151c93aa41

I lived there for a while, 90% of irish people couldn't hack the cultural differences. I couldn't....

People said December would be grim too with the flu yet here we are

And why do you think flu has not been an issue, ACE ?
    You should know the answer , you are on these threads enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And you couldn't hang on another few months till the vaccine is widely distributed and life is largely back to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Somewhere without Tony Holohan

Northern Ireland,Wales or England??
    Let us know how that works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ShyMets wrote:
    But do you know something, if an 84 year old man weights up the risks and is willing to accept them then I'm happy to compile with his wishes
    I'm not going to accuse you of anything. This is a situation where both sides are aware of the risk and willing to proceed.
    My issue is with people taking risks and then turning up at their parents who are unaware they are taking risks. I'm against people using their children to tug the heartstrings of their parents, telling them how much little Johnny and Alice miss them.
    If it's a decision reached by consensus then that's fine in my eyes.

mloc123 wrote: »
    And if your parents are old and/or high risk, you would do well to avoid them. But don't force that on the rest of the population also. You were happy when the pubs closed right because you used to be an alcoholic?

Whatever you think about other people's opinions , this post is very nasty and says a lot more about you to be honest , wow !

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Stheno wrote: »
    Traveller funeral?

Not with 1000 attending,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40091705.html

"It notes that 86% of cases, according to official statistics, among 5-14-year-olds have occurred since the beginning of September, when schools reopened for the first time since the onset of the pandemic."

They obviously have not been reading the boards.ie "scientists" on this thread.

And why is the number of cases amongst school kids so low, once it is in a school it should spread like wildfire? It's a high percentage of a small number. Even if the kids are asymptomatic, a significant enough number of parents from an individual school should be seeking tests for it to be linked to the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

They did nothing of the sort on the scale we are seeing now.

There will always be a precedent e.g great depression, world war etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm not going to accuse you of anything. This is a situation where both sides are aware of the risk and willing to proceed.
    My issue is with people taking risks and then turning up at their parents who are unaware they are taking risks. I'm against people using their children to tug the heartstrings of their parents, telling them how much little Johnny and Alice miss them.
    If it's a decision reached by consensus then that's fine in my eyes.

This. My Mum is elderly with health issues. She is the sole carer for my sister who has special needs.
    She would rather that we didn't go to them over the Christmas break. She doesn't want to get the virus herself and she definitely doesn't want my sister to get it. Which is her choice and decision.
    So, another sister and I plus our families will not visit. My 3rd sister who is WFH with no kids will self-isolate for 14 days and then drive down to be with them for the few days around Christmas.

obi604 wrote: »
    Maybe it’s only me. But when I apply hand sanitizer and then go out in the cold air straight away.......my hands are uncomfortably cold for a few minutes, like freezing.

Anyone else experience this?

That’ll be the alcohol evaporating. Evaporation off the skin has a cooling effect. Nothing to be worried about

Storm 10 wrote: »
    To be honest I would rather see Christmas stolen than people lose their lives

How the Grinch Stole Christmas :D

The_Brood wrote: »
    Hell preachers in Dublin center screaming directly in peoples faces that they are going to burn in hell etc, all day nonstop. I know going on for years, and gardai dont do anything about them - but even now in covid 19 it is a completely hands off aproach. All day right at people, threatening and harassing them about hell, and likely spreading the virus

Who are these people, what organisation, does anyone know?

Hell was dead long ago in the god forsaken country :pac:

That’ll be the alcohol evaporating. Evaporation off the skin has a cooling effect. Nothing to be worried about

Alcohol also dries out skin unless he is using a sanitizer with added moisturizer/glycerin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Renjit wrote: »
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas :D

We just buried my father in law due to Covid , 61 No major health issues . Died 10 days after being hospitalised.

It’s real.

When you get such a reality check in some stage of your life i guarantee you won’t be as jokey .

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement