Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nations cup November 2020 GENERAL THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

You just keep repeating the word flair?
    What do you mean by flair?
    Repeating the word over and over means nothing. What way do you want the team to play and how would you select a team to play in the manner you want.

Ive already explained what flair is - watch Fiji play - found the rugby played this autumn unenjoyable , not the game I grew up loving - if you enjoyed - good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Italy giving Wales a real go here. 18-17 up after 50 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

thebaz wrote: »
    Ive already explained what flair is - watch Fiji play - found the rugby played this autumn unenjoyable , not the game I grew up loving - if you enjoyed - good for you.
    Their culture is completely different. They also havent won much. The sport is completely different to the past because its a professional sport now. Of course its not going to be as free. You still have not showed how you want the team to play. Just saying watch fiji play isnt that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

thebaz wrote: »
    Their culture is completely different. They also havent won much. The sport is completely different to the past because its a professional sport now. Of course its not going to be as free. You still have not showed how you want the team to play. Just saying watch fiji play isnt that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Their culture is completely different. They also havent won much.

an Olympic gold medal is pretty good - admittly 7s -

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

I don't think the opinion that some of the rugby recently has been turgid is unpopular, plenty of journalists and former players have been writing about it. The lack of spectators and less meaningful competitions doesn't help. That being said, there have still been moments of brilliance.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

hahashake wrote: »
    I don't think the opinion that some of the rugby recently has been turgid is unpopular, plenty of journalists and former players have been writing about it. The lack of spectators and less meaningful competitions doesn't help. That being said, there have still been moments of brilliance.

Comparing Ireland v Georgia to the Maori v moana pasifika game and you think it was two completely different sports they were playing.

A lot of it is basic skillset and risk rewarding mindset versus poor basics and risk averse mindset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

I have Prime but was wondering is there a way to view the UK site so I can watch the England/France game?

Alternatively are there any stream sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Is there actually any legal way to watch this game from Ireland?

Will Prime make it available for Irish viewers given that they're not stepping on any Irish broadcaster's rights?

It's pretty effin ridiculous that the final of an international rugby competition is so difficult to watch from one of the participating countries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

PCros wrote: »
    I have Prime but was wondering is there a way to view the UK site so I can watch the England/France game?

Alternatively are there any stream sites?

It’ll be on premier sports 1 now in ROI, if you weren’t aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

It’ll be on premier sports 1 now in ROI, if you weren’t aware.

Thats a full subscription though?

I could have sworn someone on here managed to view Prime via UK setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

PCros wrote: »
    Thats a full subscription though?

I could have sworn someone on here managed to view via UK setup.

I think you could get a one month subscription to NowTV, but it wouldn’t be worth it now for 1 game, wasn’t too bad if you got the whole AN matches.

There’ll probably be a free stream on some dodgy websites as usual.

Edit: you can get a €10 day pass on NowTV for Premier Sports
    https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-overview#ib-section-section-6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

I barely recognise any of that France team. Fair play for giving lesser capped players a go in a "final"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭adam240610

These commentators are annoying as hell talking utter crap

This french team look good (whoever they are)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    I barely recognise any of that France team. Fair play for giving lesser capped players a go in a "final"

No choice, they agreed with the league to only play any player a max of 3 games.

Lots of u20 world champs in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

France must be a good bet for RWC 2023. Home soil plus a lot of good young players.

No choice, they agreed with the league to only play any player a max of 3 games.

Lots of u20 world champs in there

Is that number 8 who was awesome at U20 level making any progress??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

swiwi_ wrote: »
    France must be a good bet for RWC 2023. Home soil plus a lot of good young players.

That’s what they want us to think...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

France are playing very well. England don't look to have a plan b. As Kearney said the other week this English team aren't to be feared, st and up to the physically and a bit of smarts then they're beatable.

Jailibert looks a very good player

• Advertisement

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Is that number 8 who was awesome at U20 level making any progress??

Jordan Joseph? In a battle for first choice at Racing. Claassen will surely retire soon and JJ just signed a new contract.

Joespeh, not making big progress as far as I am aware. Not sure if still playing for racing but not made much progress. Think he was just an animal from underage and might struggle with the bigger men in the professional game

I'd take any of the four French hookers.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That’s some of the best defence I’ve ever seen. Amazing.

That was extraordinary

awec wrote: »
    That’s some of the best defence I’ve ever seen. Amazing.

Unbelievable. Making England look very one dimensional

Very impressive from the baby French side so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That was some of the best goalline defending I've seen in years. Doubly so because it was against a mammoth English pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

England are suffering the same problem they had face prior to 2019, their game plan totally backfired when they are outmuscled. The difference between 2018 and 2019 is they got a back row in that can match back rows which I think helped as it stopped less physical teams getting an advantage at the breakdown and finding away around the physicallity, but you’ve seen against France and SA that when they are matched physically the outcomes the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Excellent stand by France.
    Bad 2 mins for Genge and his shîte head.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable. Making England look very one dimensional

Because they are one dimensional, they are have no answer when you physically stand up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

i hope this clarifies why France can blood so many new players while we capped comparatively few. their young talent is insane. if Ireland sent out a comparative team in Twickenham they’d put 50 on us.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

i hope this clarifies why France can blood so many new players while we capped comparatively few. their young talent is insane. if Ireland sent out a comparative team in Twickenham they’d put 50 on us.

This France team would likely beat us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

awec wrote: »
    This France team would likely beat us.

don’t disagree. we’re going to have to get used to losing to france by 15-20 points.

Hoping France keep the pressure on for the second half. Unfortunately I think they'll get beat in the end

conor678 wrote: »
    France are playing very well. England don't look to have a plan b. As Kearney said the other week this English team aren't to be feared, st and up to the physically and a bit of smarts then they're beatable.

Jailibert looks a very good player

not a bad backup for N'tamack

Carbonel is handy too

3 really good young 10's (22 or younger) all at international standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Farrell is having a meltdown off the tee

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Thought the days of infinite kick tennis were behind us

England are toxic to watch. Such a brilliant side playing such turgid crap. Press really not impressed with it

• Advertisement

England look totally rattled, the Farrell miss kick is telling. England need a big break here.

Watching this game and seeing french players stopping English pack dead. It can't be size/weight of French players. Don't look bigger than Irish equivalents (except for the French tighthead)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭griffinlee

It's great to see England not knowing what to do.

I really hope France can hold on.

Watching this game and seeing french players stopping English pack dead. It can't be size/weight of French players. Don't look bigger than Irish equivalents (except for the French tighthead)
    Because we are really soft when we play England

It also has to be said that the English players are like men possessed when they play Ireland but today they look like what Ireland look like when they play England.

It goes to show that when England cant dominate you physically they really run out of idea's this like a repeat of the RWC final.

That pen could be it, I cant see them winning without scoring a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

That’s a joke of an advantage

• Advertisement

Allons les enfants de la garderie.

England knocked that on

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

England knocked that on

Blatantly.

You would think France were the experienced team that had played a RWC final last year the way this game has gone, no composure whatsoever and when composure was needed there is only one team that has shown it and it aint England!

How was that knock on not given

• Advertisement
Advertisement