If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLED55CX Vs OLED55GX

Options
  • 02-11-2020 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

Hi do you have prices for the above 2, is it worth paying the extra for the G series. I see the G series does not come with a stand but i have a 55inch LG at the moment, could i use that. Also what is the warranty on these, i have my OLED over 2 years but have a big green spot in the middle of tv, its ok for whites and blacks but anything yellow or purple looks awful. Watching a match with a team in yellow is awful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭siulas

Have you ever tried using google? :)
    GX is same as CX but GX comes with flush wall mount

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

siulas wrote: »
    Have you ever tried using google? :)
    GX is same as CX but GX comes with flush wall mount
    There is a few 100 in difference between them

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

niallo27 wrote: »
    There is a few 100 in difference between them

The G stands for Gallery. It's for people who want a very flush TV to the wall without the fat lower bulge with the CX. The GX is extremely thin, the CX has a very fast Lower bulge which doesn't make it the ideal wall mounted TV. Performance-wise they are all the same, the difference is in its design. They had an E9 last year that had better speakers but that had been discontinued. It's up to you what you consider important enough to your environment, that's what determines whether it's worth it or not. It may go down in price a bit for Black Friday so might be worth a wait. I'm waiting until Black Friday for the CX. I'm getting the CX as I don't plan to wall mount, if I was the GX may be the one as it looks amazing in the store compared to the CX when mounted to the wall

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

we appreciate your input and I know that they are well intentioned - but we would prefer if you leave posts for us to respond so we are responsible for any information posted - specifically with regard to our pricing - again I understand your posts are well intentioned, but this is a commercial forum and it may be worth checking the pinned Charter post from The Ritz before replying to another Boardie's posts on this forum.
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2055564744

@Niallo27 - thanks for the post - the current pricing is:

LG OLED 55CX5
    £1399 + £6.99 delivery ( With £100 in RS vouchers - that offer ends tonight!)

Or
    1549€ including delivery

LG OLED 55GX6
    £1699 + £6.99 delivery ( With £100 in RS vouchers - that offer ends tonight!)

or
    1949€ including delivery 

Neither comes with a stand but any stand that you have that fits an existing 55" LG will work 100%

In terms of warranty, pretty much all our TV come including a 6 year guarantee now but please do be aware that the guarantee on all OLED regarding burn-in is limited to manufacturing issues and no manufacturer will cover screen burn outside recommended usage - the advice we offer to Customers is that if you are a gamer or watch any channels with a lot of static images / screen icons then we would recommend that you go for QLED over OLED!

Hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Guys,

we appreciate your input and I know that they are well intentioned - but we would prefer if you leave posts for us to respond so we are responsible for any information posted - specifically with regard to our pricing - again I understand your posts are well intentioned, but this is a commercial forum and it may be worth checking the pinned Charter post from The Ritz before replying to another Boardie's posts on this forum.
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2055564744

@Niallo27 - thanks for the post - the current pricing is:

LG OLED 55CX5
    £1399 + £6.99 delivery ( With £100 in RS vouchers - that offer ends tonight!)

Or
    1549€ including delivery

LG OLED 55GX6
    £1699 + £6.99 delivery ( With £100 in RS vouchers - that offer ends tonight!)

or
    1949€ including delivery 

Neither comes with a stand but any stand that you have that fits an existing 55" LG will work 100%

In terms of warranty, pretty much all our TV come including a 6 year guarantee now but please do be aware that the guarantee on all OLED regarding burn-in is limited to manufacturing issues and no manufacturer will cover screen burn outside recommended usage - the advice we offer to Customers is that if you are a gamer or watch any channels with a lot of static images / screen icons then we would recommend that you go for QLED over OLED!

Hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Apologies John, I wasn't aware of this. I knew a bit about the models so I thought I'd share my own knowledge to help the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Hi John

Does the 55CX really not come with a stand? I assumed from looking at the LG website that it was included as standard.

Thanks

Hi Niall,

Thanks for the post :)

The 55CX comes with a table-top pedestal but this is not what we would classify as a 'stand' - you can check it out here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Hi Niall,

Thanks for the post :)

The 55CX comes with a table-top pedestal but this is not what we would classify as a 'stand' - you can check it out here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Great, thanks John. I was worried I was going to have to rethink again! I’ll hopefully get an order in closer to Black Friday.

Thanks again

Nialldinho,

thanks for that - we appreciate the posts and don't hesitate to drop us a line before you order - if we can make the pips squeaker - we will try our best for you :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.