Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for Back Seat moderation

Options
  • 02-11-2020 3:41pm

I have been banned by a CMod for back seat moderation, something which i dispute.

I have made contact with the CMod in question who has told me I can appeal if i wish, so I am.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi Aegir, since you've already had contact with the CMod I presume it's via PMs so can you forward them to me please? I'll look into it for you.

thank you. PMs are on their way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thank you. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Aegir, your ban was for being snide and condescending to another poster as well as backseat moderation. On what grounds are you disputing the ban?

on the grounds that i wasn't being overly snide and condescending and that i wasn't back seat moderating.

This ban is on the back of a previous warning and a one day ban, both of which i believe to be harsh but I chose (through laziness really) not to contest to any great extent. However, it as has been explained elsewhere that the chances of getting bans increases the more points you have against you, so this is something I need to address.

It is too late for me to challenge the previous infractions and suspensions, so i would like to challenge this one.

• Advertisement

Hi again Aegir,

I've taken a good look at the post in question and I find it extremely condescending and snide, and instructing another poster to read the thread isn't on. I could find nothing wrong with the post you were replying to/quoting. By your own admission you've been warned before and had a previous one day ban. The Politics Forum charter states "Moderators may warn individuals of unacceptable behaviour, but not on a repetitive basis and if the situation warrants, users may be banned without warning. Repeated infractions will result in bans".

I've decided to uphold the 3 day ban. I feel it is justified, and I hope that it will make you finally address and reconsider your posting style. Please bear in mind that moderation of Boards forums is entirely voluntary, moderators give up their time willingly to help the site run smoothly for the enjoyment of everyone.

I'm sorry it's not better news, and as per the graphic you can of course have an Admin investigate your ban if you wish.

Ok.

Thank you for your time.

You're welcome.

Can you confirm whether or not you'd like to have an admin investigate your ban?

You're welcome.

Can you confirm whether or not you'd like to have an admin investigate your ban?

No, it’s ok thanks.

Okay Aegir, I'll have this thread closed so.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Thank you, marking as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement