If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Support] Sitting Room(2xTV's) & Sound System Query

Options
  • 02-11-2020 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

Could you please give me some suggestions for 2xTVs. 1x40'-43'(price range 500-800e) and a 1x44'-49'(price range 600-1000e).

Both are for the two separate sitting rooms that will show Sky cable, movies, sports, netflix and streaming viewing mainly. After reading through the posts here which contains alot of info and recommendations ideally I would like the OLED(LG OLED48CX5LC) but it is outside of my price range.

I am considering the Philips Ambilight(Philips 43PUS8555 and/or Philips 50PUS7805) as it seems in general the best of your TV product range(and there is option to disable the Ambilight feature).

My query is;
    1) Would there be any other TV's you would recommend based on the info above,
    2) In 1xsitting room there is a large window so alot of light is shining through, thus then the TV screen should not be as reflective.
    3) For the same sitting room as mentioned in query 2) above we would be looking to connect it to a sound system. We currently have 2xSonos One speakers so we would like to in-corporate them into the sound system of your choice. Can you recommend what is needed to complete our sounds system setup.

Thank you

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

smithslist wrote: »
    hi guys,

Could you please give me some suggestions for 2xTVs. 1x40'-43'(price range 500-800e) and a 1x44'-49'(price range 600-1000e).

Both are for the two separate sitting rooms that will show Sky cable, movies, sports, netflix and streaming viewing mainly. After reading through the posts here which contains alot of info and recommendations ideally I would like the OLED(LG OLED48CX5LC) but it is outside of my price range.

I am considering the Philips Ambilight(Philips 43PUS8555 and/or Philips 50PUS7805) as it seems in general the best of your TV product range(and there is option to disable the Ambilight feature).

My query is;
    1) Would there be any other TV's you would recommend based on the info above,
    2) In 1xsitting room there is a large window so alot of light is shining through, thus then the TV screen should not be as reflective.
    3) For the same sitting room as mentioned in query 2) above we would be looking to connect it to a sound system. We currently have 2xSonos One speakers so we would like to in-corporate them into the sound system of your choice. Can you recommend what is needed to complete our sounds system setup.

Thank you
    Hi smithslist,

Thanks for the post!

I would actually agree with your first choice of the Philips TVs! Not only do they have local dimming panels they also support Dolby Vision and the 8555 series supports Android as the operating system!

We also have a 50" 8555 model as well which is currently 649 euro!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204870-philips-43pus8555-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204829-philips-50pus8555-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

In terms of light on the screen we had a Philips on display and it was no more reflective than any other brand that was out and it coped very well with our bright shop floor!

For a sound system the best way to incorporate your Sonos speakers would be to add a Sonos Beam to the TVs. The Beam connects via HDMI or optical and you can link your Sonos Ones to the bars to make a wireless surround system or to integrate music!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203473-sonos-beam-black-inc-6-year-warranty-compact-smart-soundbar-with-amazon-alexa-voice-control.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. It was very prompt and informative.

Could you PM me your best price for the following bundles(2xTV's & 1xSonos beam). The only difference is that Price 1 contains the LG OLED OLED48CX5LC while Price 2 contains the Philips 50PUS7805. Thus;
    Bundle 1
    1xLG OLED48CX5LC
    (48 inch OLED 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV Freeview HD Freesat HD)
    1xPhilips 43PUS8555 - Android operating system. One of the best 43" TVs available at the moment.
    (43 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play)
    1xSonos BEAM Black
    Price; TBC

Bundle 2
    1xPhilips 43PUS8555 - Android operating system. One of the best 43" TVs available at the moment.
    1xPhilips 50PUS7805
    (50 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play)
    1xSonos BEAM Black
    Price; TBC

Delivery to Kildare, Ireland.

Regards,
    John

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. It was very prompt and informative.

Could you PM me your best price for the following bundles(2xTV's & 1xSonos beam). The only difference is that Price 1 contains the LG OLED OLED48CX5LC while Price 2 contains the Philips 50PUS7805. Thus;
    Bundle 1
    1xLG OLED48CX5LC
    (48 inch OLED 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV Freeview HD Freesat HD)
    1xSonos BEAM Black
    Price; TBC

Bundle 2
    1xPhilips 50PUS7805
    (50 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play)
    1xSonos BEAM Black
    Price; TBC

Delivery to Kildare, Ireland.

Regards,
    John
    Hi John,

I'll get that PM'd across to you asap!

Kind regards

David

hi David,

Could I also ask for another bundle price, I may get the OLED now and Sonas beam come Christmas. If so I would be in touch with you later for that. Anyway bundle 3;
    Bundle 3
    1xLG 43UN73006LC
    43 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview HD Freesat HD

1xLG OLED48CX5LC
    48 inch OLED 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV Freeview HD Freesat HD
    Price; TBC

Delivery to Kildare, Ireland

Note;
    I have asked for the LG 43UN73006LC this time and not the Philips 43PUS8555 for a entry level smart TV(Sky cable, movies, Netflix and streaming viewing purposes only), if you think the Philips 43PUS8555 is better or other then please comment and give price too.

I wait for your prices on all 3xbundles.

Thank you,
    John

hi David,

Could I also ask for another bundle price, I may get the OLED now and Sonas beam come Christmas. If so I would be in touch with you later for that. Anyway bundle 3;
    Bundle 3
    1xLG 43UN73006LC
    43 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview HD Freesat HD

1xLG OLED48CX5LC
    Price; TBC

Note;
    I have asked for the LG 43UN73006LC this time and not the Philips 43PUS8555 for a entry level smart TV(Sky cable, movies, Netflix and streaming viewing purposes only), if you think the Philips 43PUS8555 is better or other then please comment and give price too.

I wait for your prices on all 3xbundles.

Thank you,
    John
    Hi John,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you, I was out of the office yesterday!

I'll get the 3 Bundles PM'd across to you this afternoon.

I do think the Philips would be a better bet both for panel and smart hub. The Philips uses local dimming, supports Dolby Vision and uses the Android operating system!

I'll price for this in the bundles for you!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi David,

No worries at all - I hope you enjoyed your days vacation.

Thanks for your feedback. Then Philips it is...thus revised Bundle 3 would be;
    Bundle 3
    1xPhilips 43PUS8555

1xLG OLED48CX5LC
    Price; TBC

/John

Hi David,

No worries at all - I hope you enjoyed your days vacation.

Thanks for your feedback. Then Philips it is...thus revised Bundle 3 would be;
    Bundle 3
    1xPhilips 43PUS8555

1xLG OLED48CX5LC
    Price; TBC

/John
    No problem John, I'll get these to you asap!

Kind regards

David

Big kudos to David, Kenny and the RS team.

I placed my order on 17/11 and received both TV's(LG OLED48CX5 and Philips 43PUS8555) within 2xdays to my ROI address. Both TV's look fantastic, espcially the OLED which is just superb. All advice and support given to me by the RS team is very much appreciated.

For the LG Oled cover, I understand the LG free gurantee and RS 6yr gurantee . I wanted to ask regarding the LG protection policy and your opinion on if its worth attaining, for LG Oled it is £5.59 per month. Would you be able to give your opinion?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Big kudos to David, Kenny and the RS team.

I placed my order on 17/11 and received both TV's(LG OLED48CX5 and Philips 43PUS8555) within 2xdays to my ROI address. Both TV's look fantastic, espcially the OLED which is just superb. All advice and support given to me by the RS team is very much appreciated.

For the LG Oled cover, I understand the LG free gurantee and RS 6yr gurantee . I wanted to ask regarding the LG protection policy and your opinion on if its worth attaining, for LG Oled it is £5.59 per month. Would you be able to give your opinion?

Thanks
    Hi Smithslist.

Glad to here you have both televisions and are up and running :)

To be honest I'm not sure about the LG warranty you have to pay for - It's not something I would know unfortunately as its LG's own cover.
    You could drop them a call or email and find out what it covers.

Our 6 year guarantee will cover you for the next 6 years anyway (Excluding screen burn but then LG's own manufacturing warranty does not cover this either).

Any questions please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.