Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Event - 10th November 2020

Options
  • 02-11-2020 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Just confirmed that Apple are holding another event this month. Mostly likely the last one of the year.

El1W1QcW0AMnQ-6?format=jpg&name=small

Expecting this event to focus on new Macs using Apple Silicon and probably the rumoured Apple TV upgrade. AirTags and Apple over-ear headphones are other possibilities. Kicks off at the usual time and can be streamed in all the normal places.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Hope we see Big Sur too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Be great if it literally was one more thing ��

Has to be Silicon processor macs, on ear airpods, air tags

• Registered Users Posts: 8,619 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Interested to see how powerful the new 16” MacBook Pro with Apple silicon will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭digiman

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Interested to see how powerful the new 16” MacBook Pro with Apple silicon will be!

Only the 13” expected, maybe aspect bump for the 16” which I’ve been holding out for

digiman wrote: »
    Only the 13” expected, maybe aspect bump for the 16” which I’ve been holding out for

Mark Gurman saying the 16” is included.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-02/apple-to-hold-nov-10-event-to-announce-macs-with-own-chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

He's pretty trustworthy when it comes to these types of things, rarely wrong. Looking forward to this event purely for the release date of macOS 11. :D

Event kicking off tomorrow, I see the Irish Apple website has a big promo for the event on the home page right at the top. Found this unusual, I know Apple promote events from time to time but usually only on the US site or a smaller promo on the Irish site. The fact that they're still actively pushing the iPhone 12 too makes me wonder why they've decided to put such a big promo up top above those. Maybe it's a bigger event tomorrow than I was thinking, I know new Apple silicon Macs are a big deal but it's already expected.

I'm looking forward to macOS 11, which looks likely for a release on Wednesday.

Looks like this event is 100% Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

DubDJ wrote: »

Seems that way alright

Maybe they can’t find the AirTags?

• Advertisement

Those chip specs look impressive. Wonder if it will be a single chip instead of multiple configurations with Intel i3-7 for example.

Those chip specs look impressive. Wonder if it will be a single chip instead of multiple configurations with Intel i3-7 for example.

Sounds like it will the M1 across the 13” devices to start off and maybe the Pro will have a higher clock speed or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I didn't know Brendan O'Carroll was a developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Run iOS apps on Macs, it's all becoming one ecosystem isn't it?

Sounds like it will the M1 across the 13” devices to start off and maybe the Pro will have a higher clock speed or something?

I've seen rumours of an iMac being one of the first silicon Macs, that's why I'm curious. If this is the base for laptops or desktop style Macs. Impressive so far, can only imagine how much more powerful things will be when the transition is complete in a couple of years.

18 hours of video playback is great!

Those battery numbers are impressive. Pushing toward 24 hour battery life at this stage.

The webcam is still 720p it seems

The webcam is still 720p it seems

There's no excuse for not improving the camera, especially with everyone working from home.

• Advertisement

Didn't expect a new MacBook Pro.

Didn't expect a new MacBook Pro.

Gurman was saying this: “ Apple and overseas suppliers are ramping up production of three Mac laptops with Apple processors: new 13-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros and a new 13-inch MacBook Air, according to people familiar with the matter.”

But I think he was also saying on Twitter that they may bit show the 16” today. Which makes sense but it is due an update.

The guy from the Apple v PC ads at the end haha :D

MBA starting at €1,100

MBP from €1,425

Simple and straight forward event this time. New Apple silicon chip M1. Put that chip into three existing Macs - Mac mini, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.

Glad to see macOS 11 is out this Thursday too, will be interesting to see how the visual differences and improvements work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Max RAM config is 16GB. That’s interesting.

Max RAM config is 16GB. That’s interesting.

Unless you go for the Intel chip 13” that they are still selling which speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Unless you go for the Intel chip 13” that they are still selling which speaks volumes.

I have MacBooks with intels going back 12 years and happy out with them. I would certainly look to an intel chip if buying now. Personally want to support an Irish based chip manufacturer.

Indeed it does, indeed it does.

• Advertisement

I have MacBooks with intels going back 12 years and happy out with them. I would certainly look to an intel chip if buying now. Personally want to support an Irish based chip manufacturer.

Intel will still millions and millions of chips. Their Apple business accounts for about 2% - 4% (numbers a slightly different where you look) of their business.

Advertisement