Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel Chipset Drivers

Options
  • 02-11-2020 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about whether anyone bothers to upgrade these drivers and is it worth the hassle?

I'm running a Z170 which I flashed to run the 7th Gen 7600k CPU. When I look on Driver Easy most of the chipset drivers date back to 2015 as you'd expect for Skylake but there does appear to be updates available for all...

The PC runs perfectly, but there's one minor issue that's cropped up recently where it occasionally freezes on startup. If I hit reset it doesn't send a signal to the monitor, only when you hard power down and restart it then works without issue. I've reinstalled all the GPU drivers after DDU wipe and just installed the AOC monitor drivers to replace the Generic PnP monitor driver that had been running so hopefully that will resolve it but I'm just going through every step possible to get every kink ironed out as I plan to move the PC on before Xmas if possible and go for a Ryzen build.

Advertisement