Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    AP reports trump is trying to stop the Georgia vote, signs of the tide firmly turned there too?

The Donald went down to Georgia
    He was lookin' for a vote to steal
    He was in a bind
    'Cause he was way behind
    And he was willin' to make a deal.

CNN expecting new totals in Arizona tonight as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Worth noting that McConnell is saying that all votes will be counted. I’d imagine had Trump delayed ACB’s nomination, we’d be getting a different tune. It would seem Trump’s usefulness is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

errlloyd wrote: »
    I don't think he's speaking for all of Georgia

Yeah Fulton County 132K votes. What I would having seen two of these vote counting centres on CNN is that, they should ask us to send over staff to show them how to layout a room and do a count.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jo jo the eskimo

Could it be said that polling in 2016 was weak + very unlucky
    Whatas this time polling was way off but lucky (in whats been counted)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

47,000 vote gap in Georgia now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

CNN say Georgia will update numbers in ten minutes.

Just watched Wolf and Kinger on CNN. For the 1st time, I'm gonna call something!

Biden will take Georgia. He's getting 70-80% of the outstanding ballots in the Atlanta and surrounding areas. And there's more than enough there to give him 10,000+ over the line...

So, I'm calling GA, NV and AZ for Sleepy Joe... PA then becomes a 'nice to have' piece of cake icing, but not crucial. And then, the GOP tells Donnie to Man Up and Stop Whinging... It's sooo Over! Put Rudey back in his coffin along with the other vampires...

Should be a big numbers update around 2am from Arizona according to CNN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Maricopa County (Phoenix metro area) due an update in about 90 minutes

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve decided to listen to msnbc and see how long I stay awake. Btw if John king is late nineties Jordan than Steve Kornacki is rookie Kobe.

Judging by that last sentence, yes, you need sleep... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Just watched Wolf and Kinger on CNN. For the 1st time, I'm gonna call something!

Biden will take Georgia. He's getting 70-80% of the outstanding ballots in the Atlanta and surrounding areas. And there's more than enough there to give him 10,000+ over the line...

So, I'm calling GA, NV and AZ for Sleepy Joe... PA then becomes a 'nice to have' piece of cake icing, but not crucial. And then, the GOP tells Donnie to Man Up and Stop Whinging... It's sooo Over! Put Rudey back in his coffin along with the other vampires...

I think Biden will win all of Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada. That would bring him to 306.

I wouldn't even completely rule out North Carolina looking at the map and what's left to count there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

feck it need sleep.

inconsiderate americans. time ur elections better.

Georgia will be finished tonight.

As per county election director in a press conference from the count centre now. Not many votes left to go through the machines - about 30/40k left.

5 hours to go though he says, after midnight their time, its 7.15pm there now

He still said more votes can come in, military etc

I think he said 185,000 ballots still outstanding but they would have results from 35k or so available later tonight. Even after those, there will be 150k plus military receivable up to Friday to be tabulated..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Going on about three hours sleep in the last two days, best of luck to everyone sitting through the rest of it, I need some sleep.

They're really finding out that mail in and early ballots need to be processed before polling day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Water John wrote: »
    They're really finding out that mail in and early ballots need to be processed before polling day.

I believe some states give people the right to change their minds till election day which would make it impossible.

Credit to Manicmoran here who I believe said that before (and apologies if I misquoted you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Going to wait for the 2am AZ results

The outstanding ballots in Philadelphia will take out Trump adv in PA from my calculations.

The early ballots were processed in FL. That's why their count was so quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

MattS1 wrote: »
    Going to wait for the 2am AZ results

Yeah, same, seems as good a line-in-the-sand as any to wait for and call it a night after.
    Can't handle a second night of a few bits and pieces of sleep caught here and there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Anyone know what's happening in NC? Been stuck on 94% of count for most of the day.

• Advertisement

I think Biden will win all of Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada. That would bring him to 306.

I wouldn't even completely rule out North Carolina looking at the map and what's left to count there.

I'll concur on a 306 final EV count for Biden. Bring It!

Less than 40,000 votes in it in Georgia. Let's go...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

This whole thing has been crazy, i went to bed late last night with Trump more or less having it won with just to dot the i's and cross the t's. Woke up and it's all to play for. I was in a bit of a bubble at work so didn't really hear anything and when i get out and turned on the radio, i hear Rudy screaming and basically treathening to sue everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,620 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Arizona worth 11 electoral votes. Biden 3.4% ahead according to polls there.

Nevada a lot tighter but they got the 6 electoral votes Biden needs.

Trump better have the rosary beads out, the old weirdo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,130 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Crazy that Biden has narrowed a 37000 deficit to 3900 in the course of 24 hours in Georgia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Crazy that Biden has narrowed a 37000 deficit to 3900 in the course of 24 hours in Georgia.

Shows that votes should be counted and people shoud not call it and say "it's officially done".

If Biden manages to take Georgia along with Nevada & Arizona then that adds to his win an makes Trumps mad claims less likely to go anywhere.

And, on a terribly poignant note, on this day when a new President may well be selected, the great United States of America records a new record level of Covid infections- over 100,000 new cases!

THAT'S what much of this election has been about!

I hope that, between now and Inaugeration Day, the likely 9,000,000+ new cases that are found don't lead to the 100,000+ deaths that have been forecasted. A new President is going to have a terribly difficult task in arresting the pandemic and limiting such massive sickness and death!

Soo much suffering and loss... Unforgivable!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

So I'm presuming that there will be an AAR thread once this is all over with, to discuss why the Democrats have not done as well as anticipated?
    In four years from now, they will not be going up against Trump, and this year, so far, they barely squeaked the Presidency, lost one governor's mansion (Montana, which has had a Democrat governor since 2001), so far has a net gain of '1' in the Senate, so still no control there, and so far is down 3 in the House (Flipping 2 in North Carolina, but losing one in NM, IA, OK, MN, and SC. And this after an incredible turnout, so arguing that "We need to energise voters" probably isn't going to be the solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

This guy has been posting Georgia numbers all day in terms of mail ballots: https://twitter.com/gtryan/status/1324163647199916033

he claims based on the numbers reported by the counties in the last hour or so = Biden flipping Georgia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Georgia being flipped will have massive reprecussions. Could also lead to a Senate takeover.

Advertisement