Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was mentioned on CNN that Fulton County will have an update by 4pm our time. We should hopefully have a better picture of things in Georgia before too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

CNN reporting 50,000 votes left to be counted in Georgia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

prawnsambo wrote: »
    It's a bit confusing as I think there's vote reporting and vote counting and they are different numbers.

Ok, so there's 140,000 postal ballots still to count but there's still more to come in and they're being accepted up to tomorrow.

I think the 140k number excludes postal ballots received after Sunday.

Water John wrote: »
    The 144K is Philly city area. A lot more state wide.

Ok, now that makes sense
    Article I read also says Philadelphia county rather than the state.

So lots more votes to come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭dogbert27

murpho999 wrote: »
    But he doesn't need either.

Arizona & Nevada is all he needs.

I think he has a great chance in Georgia though.

I really want to see those two called asap but Nevada is only reporting at 75%.

The AP though have Az called already for Biden so I just want it confirmed. He just needs one more State then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Sure but I want this in the bag. I have no interest in Biden having a lot of chances and coming up short in each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Biden will knock 75K off Trumps overall PA lead in Philly alone.

146 minus 75 = 71K margin for Biden to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Over 600,000 votes left in PA. Biden will take it handily when all is said and done.

PA is really looking good for Biden now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd agree, I just felt like venting my concerns :D

I think he holds Nevada, and I am confident in Arizona, I've always been strong on Georgia if you have seen any of my posts about them even on election night when he was so far behind initially but I would also really love PA to put the stamp on it. Uphill battles in some areas but doable.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

Trying to get a sense of where we are in the remaining states. I see on the AP Map that NC hasn't updated its totals in over 24 hours, it's been stuck on 94% estimated votes. I know NC is leaning Trump and Biden probably doesn't need it at all, but am curious about what's taking so long? Nevada announced yesterday they wouldn't be doing anything until today, did NC do the same and I missed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Alaska is only 50% reported. Are there more mail in votes to count there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

dogbert27 wrote: »
    The AP though have Az called already for Biden so I just want it confirmed. He just needs one more State then.

I fear Trump will take Arizona. I think that was called too soon. CNN have refused to call it and said just now Trump has halved Biden's lead overnight.

I'm not putting much hope in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Looks like Trump is starting another Lawsuit. Must have knowledge Nevada isn't going his way

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1324350906796834820

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Looks like Trump is starting another Lawsuit. Must have knowledge Nevada isn't going his way

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1324350906796834820

so is this just every state he doesnt win in?

So when Biden takes the lead in Georgia that'll be fraud too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324353932022480896

Look at this moron, if the count is stopped everywhere he loses as things stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/PaulBlu/status/1324349677660184585?s=19

This needs to be acknowledged.

It was Trump's plan to downplay the virus, get his supporters to the polls on the day and as democrats would most likely post their ballots to reduce COVID exposure, declare victory on the night and set the narrative that the postal votes were rigged.

This was all by design.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Apparently Rashida Tlaib's staff done a lot of that for the Democrats in Michigan and Ilhan Omar's in Minnesota

Yep, and as pointed out, that could have made a big difference for Biden:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1324017435381534721?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,620 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Brian? wrote: »
    Honestly, people need to calm down about the guns. These guys are armed every day. They didn't take the gun out of storage to go protesting.

Most of the long rifles are 22 calibre semi autos. If things kick off they haven't a hope against the police or National Guard. They know that.

Yes, they would loose, but what collateral damage ‘could’ be endured by both sides ? By that I mean, police/national guard and staff. Imagine doing your job, counting votes under the pressure of hundreds of people with semi automatic weapons outside your work, who are all riled up and anti YOU just because you don’t have enough Donald trump votes to count....

It’s attempted intimidation, the lowest of the low, the USA is turning into fûcking Libya.... NOTHING from Trump to encourage people to go home, pure evil cûnt... overseeing a chapter in American history that’s closer to civil war than world war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

jasonb wrote: »
    Trying to get a sense of where we are in the remaining states. I see on the AP Map that NC hasn't updated its totals in over 24 hours, it's been stuck on 94% estimated votes. I know NC is leaning Trump and Biden probably doesn't need it at all, but am curious about what's taking so long? Nevada announced yesterday they wouldn't be doing anything until today, did NC do the same and I missed it?

North Carolina announced yesterday that they are not counting again until 12th November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,620 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Brian? wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but that's hyperbole.

It’s fact, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1324341206306967552?s=19

Interesting to hear this. Allays my fears somewhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Even as Biden closes the gap to 100k+ in PA and he is in with a shout in Georgia I'm actually more concerned today than I've been for the last two days that he may just fall at the line, the only thing keeping me quiet really is that trump clearly thinks he's lost so I assume his campaign teams projections are for him to lose if all votes get counted.

Have to be careful here because saying 'all votes get counted' is a bit misleading. The democrats fought for extremely lax restrictions in PA, the postmark one being indefensible (nobody has defended and I have challenged many to do so). So the democrats want crazily lax restrictions imo, and the Republicans want to stop that one, I wouldn't consider that voter suppression.

Obviously people will disagree about different instances, this is politics and I accept both sides will fight for the outcome that favours them no matter what. But the idea that it is necessarily voter suppression to is a bit too much.

(I didn't mean to imply you called it voter suppression, but it is the common theme I've heard)

I really want to see those two called asap but Nevada is only reporting at 75%.

Nevada said they wouldn't report anything until today.

Also Fox have also called AZ as Biden and are adamant and sticking with it despite criticism from Trump's camp.

They've based their call on where the votes outstanding to come in from.
    Christy42 wrote: »
    Sure but I want this in the bag. I have no interest in Biden having a lot of chances and coming up short in each.

Yes, but you just have to have patience with these things sometimes.
    I'd agree, I just felt like venting my concerns :D

I think he holds Nevada, and I am confident in Arizona, I've always been strong on Georgia if you have seen any of my posts about them even on election night when he was so far behind initially but I would also really love PA to put the stamp on it. Uphill battles in some areas but doable.

Venting is no problem. :D

I think he'll take PA, AZ ,GE & NE.

That would put him at 306 v 232 for a comprehensive victory that cannot be legally challenged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

paul71 wrote: »
    North Carolina announced yesterday that they are not counting again until 12th November.

Just to add that they have a law saying that any mail ballots will be counted that arrive up until that date so long as they are post-marked up to election day.
    Alaska is only 50% reported. Are there more mail in votes to count there?

I heard before election that usually it takes weeks to fully count the vote in Alaska. I can only guess that it is something to do with its size and number of remote regions and transporting ballots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Have to be careful here because saying 'all votes get counted' is a bit misleading. The democrats fought for extremely lax restrictions in PA, the postmark one being indefensible (nobody has defended and I have challenged many to do so). So the democrats want crazily lax restrictions imo, and the Republicans want to stop that one, I wouldn't consider that voter suppression.

Obviously people will disagree about different instances, this is politics and I accept both sides will fight for the outcome that favours them no matter what. But the idea that it is necessarily voter suppression to is a bit too much.
    Can I defend that one? ;)

Within reason (and I define that as having been postmarked within the normal postal time to get to the centre by polling day) I can't see why properly postmarked votes that get to the centre after polling day shouldn't be counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

paul71 wrote: »

Completely missed that, thanks! Makes sense why the map wasn't being updated.

So at the moment, with the states left in play, only GA and PA are counting (and AZ too I assume, though that's hopefully not in play) with NV getting back counting soon today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

Biden will win Pennsylvania north of +100k when all is said and done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

That would put him at 306 v 232 for a comprehensive victory that cannot be legally challenged.

Had a look there and this was one of the 89 winning scenario's that 538 had in their prediction:

p69dQnR.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Can I defend that one? ;)

Within reason (and I define that as having been postmarked within the normal postal time to get to the centre by polling day) I can't see why properly postmarked votes that get to the centre after polling day shouldn't be counted.

"Ballots can be counted if they lack a postmark, a legible postmark or some other proof of mailing unless a “preponderance of the evidence” shows it was mailed after Election Day, the court said." Maybe I misunderstand it but that is different to what you're saying I think.
    https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-pennsylvania-elections-courts-41b7c3a620dd3ba1b9c741fb80ff8466

Advertisement