Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm sorry if others have posted here re this point, but I had assumed the race for the Senate was over

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1324382400814698496?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Brian? wrote: »
    Very soon

I think we're only getting Fulton County soon but I'm open to correction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm sorry if others have posted here re this point, but I had assumed the race for the Senate was over

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1324382400814698496?s=20
    First seat is confirmed; second had 2002 votes above the 50% mark last time I saw numbers. That would put the senate at 50 (Rep) vs. 48 (Dem) as a starting point. For obvious reason both sides will pour money into the fight but I highly doubt Dems will get both; maybe one if lucky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

9k votes up for grabs in Fulton now. Biden could cut Trumps lead in half in the next few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,212 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

everlast75 wrote: »

Hes claiming some legal win in PA which i cant see any info anywhere about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Biden campaign streaming a "Where we Stand" video on Youtube.

Claiming they are on track to win Nevada, Pennsylvania and calling Wisconsin, Michigan and Arizona. On PA - "We are nearing parity and continue to project most of the remaining ballots will given Biden the win".

You would hope (and assume) that these are extremely educated predictions given the nature of the opposition should it go belly up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

AP have released a statement saying they're continuing to watch and analyse vote count results in Arizona. That's all the statement says really! I think what they're saying is we called it for Biden, and we still stand by that, but we're keeping an eye on it. Which I assume they're doing in all the counts! :) But it definitely doesn't sound like they're thinking of retracting their call...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Claiming they are on track to win Nevada, Pennsylvania and calling Wisconsin, Michigan and Arizona. On PA - "We are nearing parity and continue to project most of the remaining ballots will given Biden the win".

You would hope (and assume) that these are extremely educated predictions given the nature of the opposition should it go belly up.

Worrying that Georgia isn't mentioned?

I mean they are obviously biased. Trump will lay into them no matter what and it is expected both sides will map out their paths to victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Georgia will be a recount anyway. Its going to be a few 1000 either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Christy42 wrote: »

I mean they are obviously biased. Trump will lay into them no matter what and it is expected both sides will map out their paths to victory.

Georgia is mentioned. It was just on the second slide of their presentation.

8DHZ2NX.png

Note Trump's campaign are also predicting PA and AZ. I wouldn't put much stock into what both sides predict for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The numbers that seem to have just come out recently sound promising for joe Biden. I mean Biden can get Pennsylvania and that’s the ball game and could run up the score with the others. Trump is at 213 so presumably would need Pennsylvania in whatever run he would need to make to 270. I think it’s fair to say that Biden has more paths to 270 and with Pennsylvania he has a far more direct path.

Edit: Georgia was mentioned in the video.

What’s the threshold for a recount in Georgia do we know ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I think we're only getting Fulton County soon but I'm open to correction?

Yeah. I was wrong.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Georgia is mentioned. It was just on the second slide of their presentation.

Ty. Can't watch myself at the moment. Was worried they knew something for a moment as there is no way I wouldn't be calling Georgia for Biden with the publicly available data if I was on Bidens's team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Note Trump's campaign are also predicting PA and AZ. I wouldn't put much stock into what both sides predict for themselves.

The last count of 13,000 (in the last 20 minutes) votes in Philadelphia came in at 12,000 for Biden 1,000 for Trump, looks like PA will be about 150,000 to 200,000 for Biden.

14 min ago
    USPS processed thousands of ballots yesterday in battleground states
    From CNN's Paul Murphy
    According to data submitted today in federal court filings, the USPS processed thousands of ballots Wednesday in critical battleground states. If properly postmarked, those could be counted in accordance with state laws.

This data does not tell us whether the ballots were postmarked by or on Election Day, or if they were delivered Wednesday.

Here's a look at the processed ballots:

In the Nevada Sierra district, which covers most of Nevada, 9,037 ballots were processed by USPS.
    In the Greensboro and Mid-Carolinas districts, 5,915 ballots were processed. These districts split North Carolina, and small parts of Virginia and South Carolina.
    In Pennsylvania, USPS processed 6,877 ballots across the state: 3,494 in the Central Pennsylvania district, 1,667 in the Philadelphia Metro district (this district does cover some parts of New Jersey and Delaware), and 1,716 in Western Pennsylvania.
    An interesting story from CNN about ballots the USPS found after that sweep. The ones to look at are Nevada and Pennsylvania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

And now we see why Trump and friends tried to defund the postal service

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Recount can be requested if the margin is less than or equal to 0.5%. The recount must be requested within two business days after county certification.
    Taken from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Just under 15K difference in GA now

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Anyone know what the longest count ever was in a US presidential election.

This one must be close, it's been going on for 3 years now.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

Itssoeasy wrote: »

0.5%. And I'd expect it will be in that threshold.

Brian? wrote: »
    Anyone know what the longest count ever was in a US presidential election.

This one must be close, it's been going on for 3 years now.

Florida in 2000 ? I’m sure there are elections in the early years of the history of America that took a long time because of the era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Does anyone know when Military votes come in? Are they typically the last, even after other postal votes? I am thinking that Georgia could be so close that that would make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Even so , a recount historically only changes results by a few hundred votes.

Whatever result is callled later is most likely to be the final result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I thought that Georgia had a much tighter recount threshold of 0.1% but may have read incorrectly, or that could be a different state?

Trumps lead in Georgia is down to just under 14,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    4/5 am

Is this our time? Wish I could do another late night but not able!

Advertisement