Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

why are the Democrats blocking observers into counts. nothing to see here wow.

They aren’t blocking observers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

There was people pointing out on twitter yesterday the irony that the first major news network to call the election will be Fox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

According to CNN, Biden's team believe Trump will make gains today in Arizona via Maricopa County but are counting on making up for that tomorrow in Pima County, where Tucson is.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Even just looking at one of the counties in Georgia, DeKalb. 19,000 votes uncounted, so far that county is 83% in favour of Biden and he's 14,000 behind across the whole state. More than 25k votes to be counted in Fulton and he's 72% up there.

Biden is leading all the bigger places still counting in Georgia, I think he will win that state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Will any counties finish today?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

If you're going to make a damming accusation about one of the parties, please provide a link. Stating a conspiracy theory as if it were fact is below the standard of this forum. Posts deleted.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Biden's deficit in GA down to 13,540 votes - down from about 14,765 a few hours ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Biden's deficit in GA down to 13,540 votes - down from about 14,765 a few hours ago.

Can we get some counters with more nimble fingers on the case? I love a bit of suspense, but christ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Its strange that the only places Im seeing 100% votes coming in are in places where there have been historic issues with voting machines.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidManel/status/1323921182622732288

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The guy who tweet the original version of this (that Trump retweeted) has admitted he was wrong.

I mean, he should have known something was awry there. A report stating that 100% of votes went to one candidate would absolutely be cause for concern but you'd really want to double-check before posting about it because it's so unlikely.

I'm glad he issued a mea culpa but he still spread misinformation that morons will likely continue to latch on to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I suppose this could be viewed as conceding: 'I'll win if they only count my votes and not his'.

Some insight into where it historically lands in Philly which suggests there could be 100,000 more at least in that city for Biden.

https://twitter.com/pkcapitol/status/1324411911161716738?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

This must be excruciating for Trump and his supporters to see all of these states fall one by one : Wisconsin, Michigan, probably Pennsylvania, possibly Georgia. Hell there was even a bizarrely long time on election night when Virginia was red!

What's even worse is that there were many periods throughout the past 2 days where things looked really optimistic for him. They say "it's the hope that kills you" after all.

Disclaimer: If Trump somehow pulls it out of the bag that pain would be 10 times worse for his opponents.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Can we get some counters with more nimble fingers on the case? I love a bit of suspense, but christ...

They need a crack team of Irish school teachers in there. It's not even STV either - They'd knock that out in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

I'm probably missing someth9ng, but is there a reason why the first 70/80/90% of votes are counted so quickly compared to the last 30/20/10/1%? Is it due to those votes being mail in or something and therefore take longer to count for some reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jasonb wrote: »
    I'm probably missing someth9ng, but is there a reason why the first 70/80/90% of votes are counted so quickly compared to the last 30/20/10/1%? Is it due to those votes being mail in or something and therefore take longer to count for some reason?

Yes.
    Mail votes have signatures which need to be checked, also needs to be cross checked against in person records

Clark County (Nevada) counting 51,000 ballots today which will be reported tomorrow at 6pm (Irish) tomorrow.

Also allowing receipt of cured ballots until 12th November which they reckon will be small.

Its from a press conference which is particularly spikey with the voter registrar. Biden remains about 11,400 ahead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's really annoyed with being asked for the numbers that haven't arrived yet as well :P

Answered the question about a possible invalid ballot quite well too.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    He's really annoyed with being asked for the numbers that haven't arrived yet as well :P

He's really just berating stupid questions which is somewhat enjoyable.

Registrar reads out numbers.

Reporter: Can you reconfirm the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The poor return officer from Clark County is a saint atm

This guy needs to be hired as a press secretary. Taking absolutely no sh*t.

However the statement that the goal of Clark County is to not count fast but count accurate, was quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Brian? wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but that's hyperbole.

The inability of people at this stage to see naked fascism at play really has nothing to excuse it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, he should do more press conferences...nailing this one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Ralston is THE Nevada guy. That’s as much of a call as we’ll get tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Yes.
    Mail votes have signatures which need to be checked, also needs to be cross checked against in person records

Cool, thanks for explaining that!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Does anyone know if it is possible to search the results by county? I went down a rabbit hole from a recently- deleted poster but ended up clicking on the interactive state maps, but there are a lot of counties!

The info is displayed in percentages and obviously the populations in some of the counties are tiny. So, in short I would like to find the Trumpiest County and the Bideniest counties in the states. Some of the red (rural) counties are in the high eighties (Jackson County, KY being the current #1 for Trump at 89.2% and New York county for Biden at 84.5 %- that I have found so far).

I'm coming from the notion that there did appear to be a lot of Trump voters who got all shy when the pollsters visited, but they sure as hell didn't need to be shy if 80+% of their neighbours felt the same way!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

hirondelle wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is possible to search the results by county? I went down a rabbit hole from a recently- deleted poster but ended up clicking on the interactive state maps, but there are a lot of counties!

The info is displayed in percentages and obviously the populations in some of the counties are tiny. So, in short I would like to find the Trumpiest County and the Bideniest counties in the states. Some of the red (rural) counties are in the high eighties (Jackson County, KY being the current #1 for Trump at 89.2% and New York county for Biden at 84.5 %- that I have found so far).

I'm coming from the notion that there did appear to be a lot of Trump voters who got all shy when the pollsters visited, but they sure as hell didn't need to be shy if 80+% of their neighbours felt the same way!

I don’t know where you can find that data but I’m sure you can figure it out from Decision Desk (there’s only 50 states after all ;)) but just on your last point, I think more likely than Shy Trump voters is that Trump voters just aren’t responding to pollsters.

• Advertisement

hirondelle wrote: »

I'm assuming you know about sites like these? https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/results/president

I don't know if anyone has arranged the data yet to show the most extreme Biden/Trump counties yet though.

From a quick going over I see that Cleburne in Bama is 89.8% Trump. I'd say there's bound to be a few more counties in the deep South touching 90%.

EDIT: Cameron County LA is 90.9% Trump. Bottom left county in LA. 3994 total votes though.

Advertisement